DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Antitrust - Facebook , WhatsApp, Instagram

1 minute ago, spunko said:

Let's hope Jeff Bezos is shitting himself too....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9036231/New-York-attorney-general-launches-massive-antitrust-suit-against-Facebook.html

NY leads massive antitrust suit from 48 attorneys general against 'predatory' Facebook to force it to sell Instagram and WhatsApp because it uses its dominance to 'suffocate and squash rivals'

Imagine being worth billions of dollars and looking like the living dead.

36654246-9036231-image-a-65_1607549287153.jpg

I bet his head looks the same upside down.

Not quite sure why they are attacking Facebook specifically.

As I understand it the younger generation are shunning it in favour of other platforms,  Whatsapp is popular..  but doesn’t generate any revenue..  leaving only Instagram.  Does that generate any money?

I’d much prefer they killed off twitter..

Edited by Libspero
38 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I thought the reason Zuckerberg came up with Facebook in the first place was because he couldn't make any friends in real life so he decided to make everyone else's social interactions as awkward and artificial as his own.

2018%252F04%252F04%252F91%252F45aa16dc19

No idea but it’s given me the ability to fuck other men’s wife’s 

Shots fired.

We have:

Supreme Court lawsuit 17 states vs the smokescreen states

Anti Trust action

Declaration of investigation into Hunter's taxes

Congress report into Hunters corruption

Exposure of chinese spy links to officials and representatives

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas.

3 hours ago, spunko said:

Let's hope Jeff Bezos is shitting himself too....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9036231/New-York-attorney-general-launches-massive-antitrust-suit-against-Facebook.html

NY leads massive antitrust suit from 48 attorneys general against 'predatory' Facebook to force it to sell Instagram and WhatsApp because it uses its dominance to 'suffocate and squash rivals'

Imagine being worth billions of dollars and looking like the living dead.

36654246-9036231-image-a-65_1607549287153.jpg

The NY AG leading this is Soros backed according to numerous articles online. She is also a Democrat which, as we all know, is the political party which has benefitted enormously from the monopoly that half a dozen or so tech companies have on social media.

What is really going on here? Look here, not over there? 2024 Presidential candidate backed by Soros and Zuck maybe? Heroically took on social media big tech on her journey from NY to the White House?

I am too jaded for this world now. I want to fly through the stars again.

Edit

Ah, here she is.

MARXIST and NY AG Letitia James Vows to Press Charges Against President Trump After He Leaves Office… She’ll Make Up Charges Later

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/12/deranged-marxist-ny-ag-letitia-james-vows-press-charges-president-trump-leaves-office-make-charges-later/

Edited by The Masked Tulip
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

The "Social Media" companies have too much influence (perhaps). What could be done about it? It's like putting the toothpaste back in the tube.

It's simple. 

You allow individuals to sue them for censorship if they delete or restrict information which is not illegal, or if they eject people from their platform for posting legal items, or if they prevent membership without a legal reason.  It's a very simple approach which redresses the balance.  

It should also be applied to forums such as TOS.  I'd fucking love that.

3 hours ago, wherebee said:

You allow individuals to sue them for censorship if they delete or restrict information which is not illegal, or if they eject people from their platform for posting legal items, or if they prevent membership without a legal reason.  It's a very simple approach which redresses the balance.  

I think you are expecting the fox to guard the hen house..   it was  government(s) that insisted on the censorship of social media in the first place.  The idea that they wish to be bastions of free speech is laughable.

I expect it is more about single companies having too much control of the state levers of propaganda and the government being worried they couldn’t compete if the company opposed them or went rogue.  The right sequence of messages across all platforms would have millions of angry rioters outside the doors of the Whitehouse within minutes..