DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

NHS Red Alert - Do Not Resuscitate orders

onlyme

The real scandal is how we went from crickets and borders wide open to DNR. It can be seen plenty have benefitted from this - big companies, big green concerns, the UN/WHO has pushed their agendas along a few more notches. 

• Agree 4
SpectrumFX
33 minutes ago, Reck B said:

I'll stick my neck out here and say this.

We'll all die of something one day and a lot of these 82 year olds would have soon been fucked anyway by one thing or another. It's a cultural thing and if I could criticize the NHS over anything, it's their dishonesty in pretending they are better at fighting nature than they actually are, which inevitably leads to the discomfort of seeing things like this.

Oh, and the total and utter incompetence, negligence and inhumanity when dealing with my dying father, but that's another story.

Save the NHS by dying at home. The trouble with that is what's the point in destroying the economy to save the NHS if the end game is dying at home with no care.

If we're doing that, then we could have just left people to die without an NHS, and kept a functioning economy.

• Agree 8
Popuplights
1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

Save the NHS by dying at home. The trouble with that is what's the point in destroying the economy to save the NHS if the end game is dying at home with no care.

If we're doing that, then we could have just left people to die without an NHS, and kept a functioning economy.

Dying at home is what I aspire to. In about 30 years from now.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1
sarahbell
12 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Dying at home is what I aspire to. In about 30 years from now.

My dad wanted to die at home. Instead he died in a hospital bed miles away from where he wanted to be. The advantage is that none of us felt creeped out by having to tiptoe past where he died.

At home he could have glugged some of the gallons of oramorph - past the point the monkeys were climbing the curtains.

• Informative 1
MrLibertyRedux
2 hours ago, Stuey said:

Just got off the phone to a relatively senior manager in the NHS, saying it is in red alert state over Do Not Resuscitate orders that were overused in the casedemic.

He says whoever gets chucked first from their job is likely to sing to the media to take down higher ups...

They will have to be made of stern stuff. The campaign against them in the media alone will be bad enough with what we've seen so far this year.

God knows about the stuff we will not know about.

• Agree 2
Frank Hovis
29 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

My daughter is working on a respiratory ward this week. They have an old boy in, 100 years old. The relatives are complaining that the hospital is not doing enough to keep him alive. 

If he's usually healthy and active but has a temporary illness then I would agree with them.

If he's been on the downward slope for a long time and this is the inevitable end stages then I would agree with the hospital.

There are plenty, well some, healthy and active 100 year olds.

• Agree 4
Democorruptcy
27 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

A lot of Tory party donors make fortunes out of NHS PFI contracts. When the governbankment decide to do something always ask yourself these 2 questions and then the policy makes sense.

1) How does that help house prices?

2) Which cronies are going to make a lot of money?

• Agree 3
4 hours ago, Popuplights said:

My daughter is working on a respiratory ward this week. They have an old boy in, 100 years old. The relatives are complaining that the hospital is not doing enough to keep him alive. 

Bring him fags, beer, and whores. It's all any bloke wants.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 3
The XYY Man
47 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Bring him fags, beer, and whores. It's all any bloke wants.

A new pair of slippers for Christmas would be a nice touch this time of year.

Assuming he's not Douglas Bader...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
  • Lol 4
2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

A new pair of slippers for Christmas would be a nice touch this time of year.

Assuming he's not Douglas Bader...

XYY

I don't know the whole story, but I reckon he still got socks, and slippers for Xmas,

7 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

GP Surgery in Wales sent these out:

spacer.png

many will have signed it under false pretences, the NHS never was under enough strain to justify this letter.

The Grey Man

I only read the headline. Subscription.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/quality-and-performance/exclusive-nhs-faces-winter-with-2000-less-beds-than-last-year/7028680.article

Havent heard Smallcock comment. By the way this is not me saying throw more cash at the sink.

Just a comment that the Teflon COVID argument is at play again.

Save the NHS and die with pride at home from a potentially  treatable issue. Dont over run the NHS post beds cuts. 

It is all your fault, you dirty spreaders.

• Agree 1

Medics work in a world that we don't really know, and have to make real decisions that affect life.  One of those is the realm of DNR.  Really the public masses shouldn't be involved, other than 'smart' independent people (eg, vicars etc) should guide the medics through ethic committees, etc.

The trouble these days is that the medical management want part of the action, particularly where money saving is involved.  This should be fought tooth and nail.

[Same for military on active duty, undercover police, secret services etc -- they don't live in the same world we do, and shouldn't have ignorant folk judging them by 'everyday' standards]

• Agree 1
Bandit Banzai

My grandad lived a life that I could only dream about. Navy man, saw the world, the best stories and anecdotes you will ever hear, "when I was in the Andrew....".

I doubt that even 1% of people will ever lead a life as full as his. An amazing man.

Ok, he was an alkie too xD but you can blame the navy for that - well he did. Plus the roll-ups...

But it caught up with him in the end and he had a stroke in his early 70's. Poor bastard was paralyzed from the neck down. I was still a teenager and it broke my heart seeing this man who had led such a full life, who I looked up to, lying in a bed unable to move or speak. He just flapped his gums around and that was it. Couldn't speak. Just made noises. You wouldn't treat a dog like that. He hung on for five years festering - a mess of bed sores and goodness knows what else. My mum was a nurse in the same place. They wouldn't let her nurse him but she knew what a state he was in.

I am ashamed to say I stopped seeing him in the end. I was only a kid myself. But i couldn't handle it.

They should never have done that to him. Should have just dosed him up to the eyeballs with morphine and let him slip away with dignity.

I was never old enough to go for a drink with him - my biggest regret. The stories he told me were brilliant. i'd have loved to hear the ones he wouldn't talk about in front of my mum :)

I hope the NHS doesn't still treat people like that.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 1