• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One percent

The religiously driven rise of misogyny

Recommended Posts

I do hope that this isn't seen as a hate crime. 

Commenting on the language in this narrative 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4809192/Barcelona-jihadi-refused-shake-hands-women.html

the most recently dispatched terrorist refused to shake hands with women.  Rather than calling this out for what it is; misogynistic discrimination, they choose to label it as "pious "  and "conservative ". 

Fuckwits are condoning this type of behaviour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One percent said:

I do hope that this isn't seen as a hate crime. 

Commenting on the language in this narrative 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4809192/Barcelona-jihadi-refused-shake-hands-women.html

the most recently dispatched terrorist refused to shake hands with women.  Rather than calling this out for what it is; misogynistic discrimination, they choose to label it as "pious "  and "conservative ". 

Fuckwits are condoning this type of behaviour. 

He shouldn't have to shake hands with a woman if he doesn't want to. People should be free to ridicule him and ostracise and discriminate against him on the basis of his behaviours. This whole attempt to start legally regulating the minutiae of interpersonal behaviour is a fucking horror show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

He shouldn't have to shake hands with a woman if he doesn't want to. People should be free to ridicule him and ostracise and discriminate against him on the basis of his behaviours. This whole attempt to start legally regulating the minutiae of interpersonal behaviour is a fucking horror show.

I've told this story before. My mate's partner is a school head in tower hamlets so is required to attend meetings at the town hall. Some of the elected councillors refuse to shake her hand whilst shaking the hands of others. Because she is a woman. This is discrimination. It should not be allowed in professional life but it is. 

Agree that whatever this person chooses to do in private is his own business. However, it demonstrates the mindset that women are to be treated differently. It is not acceptable in a civilised society. 

2 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

A Buddhist monk wouldn't shake hands with a woman either.

Would they shake hands with a man? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the other way round. Women in Buddhist countries would not touch a monk out of respect for the celibacy aspect of the monk.

 

Also, from the article "he was radicalised by forces in Spain", quoting the Jihidist's Moroccan family.

(my italic)

So, there we have it, enemy, Jihadi/Islamic forces occupy Spain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, One percent said:

Some of the elected councillors refuse to shake her hand whilst shaking the hands of others. Because she is a woman. 

Surely the answer to that is to place her thumb on the end of her nose and waggle her fingers at them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was only posting earlier today about the 72 virgin thing - basically expecting 72 sex slaves waiting for them. Considering how fem-nazi the UK media is isn't it fascinating that none of the So-Called BBC female presenters ever question the 72 virgin thing let alone come out and say how abhorrent it is and insulting to all women.

Imagine if a non-muslim bloke went around telling everyone that he was expecting 72 virgin slaves in the after-life. Imagine the outcry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One percent said:

I've told this story before. My mate's partner is a school head in tower hamlets so is required to attend meetings at the town hall. Some of the elected councillors refuse to shake her hand whilst shaking the hands of others. Because she is a woman. This is discrimination. It should not be allowed in professional life but it is. 

Agree that whatever this person chooses to do in private is his own business. However, it demonstrates the mindset that women are to be treated differently. It is not acceptable in a civilised society. 

Would they shake hands with a man? 

Sadly, I too refuse to shake hands with certain ladies.

The instant the palm of a woman's hand is in mine, then my animal magnetism ensures that she will throw herself upon me with much ardour and great zeal.

And I don't want jealous husbands chasing me all over the friggin' North-East...!

I therefore only shake hands with single women...

;)

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Sadly, I too refuse to shake hands with certain ladies.

The instant the palm of a woman's hand is in mine, then my animal magnetism ensures that she will throw herself upon me with much ardour and great zeal.

And I don't want jealous husbands chasing me all over the friggin' North-East...!

I therefore only shake hands with single women...

;)

 

XYY

O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, One percent said:

I've told this story before. My mate's partner is a school head in tower hamlets so is required to attend meetings at the town hall. Some of the elected councillors refuse to shake her hand whilst shaking the hands of others. Because she is a woman. This is discrimination. It should not be allowed in professional life but it is. 

Agree that whatever this person chooses to do in private is his own business. However, it demonstrates the mindset that women are to be treated differently. It is not acceptable in a civilised society.  

So what? We discriminate all the time, it's just another way of saying make a decision. We treat men and women differently in a myriad of different ways and that's no bad thing.

I suppose you could make a decent case for this particular behaviour not being appropriate for someone fulfilling their duties in public office. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

So what? We discriminate all the time, it's just another way of saying make a decision. We treat men and women differently in a myriad of different ways and that's no bad thing.

I suppose you could make a decent case for this particular behaviour not being appropriate for someone fulfilling their duties in public office. 

Of course we do but this is too overt and needs to be challenged. Men who treat people differently to this extent, based on nothing but their sex are quite frankly unemployable in any job where they need to work with others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Of course we do but this is too overt and needs to be challenged. Men who treat people differently to this extent, based on nothing but their sex are quite frankly unemployable in any job where they need to work with others. 

Right, so you should legally allowed to use that as a basis to not employ them. Not try to legally compel them to shake hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Right, so you should legally allowed to use that as a basis to not employ them. Not try to legally compel them to shake hands.

Well the alternative, which is what happens at the moment, is that there are men in work places who demonstrate their contempt for women in overt ways. 

I have had to work with people like this (they have been my students). They challenge every decision that is made.  They demonstrate their contempt in a myriad of ways. It normally ends up in a disaplinary or complaint as they refuse to do what is asked of them, refuse to take advice and then complain when assessments are failed. 

A pain in the arse all round and massive amounts of extra work caused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if I refuse to shake a muslim's hand because he refuses to shake a woman's hand?  Would my support of women trump my anti-islam hate crime?

This would have the SJWs spinning like a falling cat with buttered toast on its back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

What if I refuse to shake a muslim's hand because he refuses to shake a woman's hand?  Would my support of women trump my anti-islam hate crime?

This would have the SJWs spinning like a falling cat with buttered toast on its back.

I think you have missed the point that with SJWs, it's what you (think you) are that counts, not what you do. You as a "straight white male" will be in the wrong whether you shake a muslim's hand or not, as you correctly note the rationalisation will work either way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, but the problem with that is that you would have made a conscious decision to refuse. You're not a Muslim.

Whereas the Muslims don't make a choice. They have no choice in the matter. Their actions are governed by their religion which tells them how they must properly behave.

Which is, of course, total bollox.

And, yes, this is one of a number of ways in which Muslims get themselves discriminated against in the workplace, quite rightly so. It is self-exclusion.

The post that led to me being banned from the Guardian's comments section was in response to an article about continued homophobia in which I implied that you have to make a choice - if you're going to welcome all cultures "as they are" and not criticise, not come from any moral standpoint nor try to assert one of your own, then you implicitly accept homophobia because you assert that nobody - including you - has the right to make a moral case. Pick one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Similar Content

    • By Dave Bloke
      According to the Guardian Amazon has had to ditch it's Artificial Intelligent recruitment bot after it started selecting candidates on merit rather than on some quotas. It had been hoped that the AI would get around the inbuilt bias which are perceived in human recruiters.  But no!
      https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/oct/10/amazon-hiring-ai-gender-bias-recruiting-engine
      According to the Graun, it's the patriarchy innit.
      I'd like to know the gender makeup of the team that developed it.
    • By One percent
      Well not quite breakfast but an unrelated males sitting with a woman whilst eating breakfast is. 
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-45471549
      An Egyptian man in Saudi Arabia has been arrested after a video of him having breakfast with a woman went viral on Twitter.
      In the video, a man with an Egyptian dialect eats breakfast beside a womanwearing a full face veil, who many assumed to be Saudi.
      This is in contravention of the law in Saudi Arabia, where in workplaces or eateries like McDonald's and Starbucks, families and single men have to sit in different areas. 
      Women must sit separately from single men in these places.
      They are not allowed to exercise most activities without being accompanied by their male guardians, usually a father or husband, but possibly a brother or a son.
       
      dear God, Saudi Arabia should be shunned by every other country until the drag themselves out of the 15th century. 
      Oh, and the article didn’t explain how she managed to eat breakfast with a full face veil. Poor reporting from the So-Called BBC there 
    • By One percent
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43072061
      A Spanish company has been criticised for allegedly rejecting a woman for a job on the grounds she was not a man.
      PR agency Impulsa Comunicación told Carla Forcada the account executive role "needed a man who could handle the pace of working with big companies".
      The agency has now been dropped by Coca-Cola and other firms after she posted about it on social media.
      The PR agency said that it was never its intention to discriminate against Ms Forcada.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.