DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Racist bank pay

Get ready for an absolute bevvy of idiots being promoted beyond their means. 

"Welcome to Lloyds Bank, would you like to speak to whitey or blacky? You'll have to wait 6 weeks to talk to whitey as there's only one of him, and he's the only one we can guarantee can spell his own name correctly. The others are hit and miss."

Banks are amongst the industries that employ rich folk's kids into the big money positions.  Everyone else gets the humdrum jobs.

Rich kids tend to be white.

Hence more whites in the higher paid positions.

#privilegeprivilege.

The intended 'positive discrimination' will end up allowing a few BAME folk, probably the ones from wealthyish families, into highish paid positions (but not the highest paid), but not do anything for middle class white kids (or poor kids of any colour or creed).

Of course, the media won't ever point this out as they're also in the 'give rich folk's kids a nice job' group.

It'll be the high earners at the top (predominantly white) and the cleaners are the bottom (?black perhaps) skewing the figures for the 90% in the middle and they're the ones who suffer positive discrimination.

Same happened at the supermarkets and Brum City Council - differing roles fall into separate areas of responsibility and pay grades. It's not rocket science but if it were it'd be the same story there.

1 hour ago, longtomsilver said:

It'll be the high earners at the top (predominantly white) and the cleaners are the bottom (?black perhaps) skewing the figures for the 90% in the middle and they're the ones who suffer positive discrimination.

Same happened at the supermarkets and Brum City Council - differing roles fall into separate areas of responsibility and pay grades. It's not rocket science but if it were it'd be the same story there.

Just outsource the different type of work to different companies and you can pay everyone the same within those companies. That should completely eliminate the chances of promotion for everyone.

4 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Just outsource the different type of work to different companies and you can pay everyone the same within those companies. That should completely eliminate the chances of promotion for everyone.

AI, a frigging server complains about nothing, doesn't want to change sex, doesn't give a shit about what colour its painted, doesn't get pregnant and doesn't demand a payrise every year plus as soon as a new, better, model arrives its straight in a skip, no pension required.

The other point is that there's no point in comparing gross demographics.

Eg, they say the number of Black FTSE 100 chief executives, chief financial officers or chairs has fallen to 0.7%.  

There's no point in comparing directors against general population demographics -- you have to look at the specific demographics of that role.  So, there's no point in saying 4% of the population is black, therefore 4% of company directors should be black -- you have to say x% of people who have the qualifications and experience to be directors are black, therefore x% of directors should be black.

Now, that's complicated, because real racism might have stopped them getting the experience, so it would be fairer to say '20 years ago, x% of recently qualified corporate lawyers and accountants* were black, so why aren't x% of company directors black now?'.

I don't know these figures, but I do know it is much more complicated than they're saying.

[* higher management positions are biased towards corporate law and accountancy]

Edited by dgul
7 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

AI, a frigging server complains about nothing, doesn't want to change sex, doesn't give a shit about what colour its painted, doesn't get pregnant and doesn't demand a payrise every year plus as soon as a new, better, model arrives its straight in a skip, no pension required.

AI is systemically racist though

https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2017/aug/08/rise-of-the-racist-robots-how-ai-is-learning-all-our-worst-impulses

1 hour ago, longtomsilver said:

Sounds like where I work, yet another year with no pay rise coz all the money is going to the cleaners to compensate for my racism.

The article is based on false premises, mainly the desire to find racism, when there isn't any.It's become a hobby of the press.

In over 30 years at work, I never encountered any racism in the workplace. I can probably count black colleagues on one hand. Similar to the Chinese. Maybe a few more Indians. Not many women in my line of work, but there was no discrimination.

It's just fucking bull shit.

Black people in britain earn more than black people in Africa. Clearly the response should be for black people in britain to give money to black people in Africa. That way all black people would earn the same.

How about the football industry? Do black people earn more than white people? I hope any disparities are getting addressed.

Banks require a lot of organisation. And even that they don't do very well. 

However in general - black people aren't great organisers. Imo and experience too. Plenty of other general talents but that ain't one. 

Examples ? Any black run country on the planet. Take your pick. They make the UK look positively efficient. And fuck me that says something xD

Probably the most "organised" role / department in banks is your programme office type area. 

Reports, finances, planning - all that palava. 

There's zero racism in there. I will say that from loads of personal experience. 

There are extremely few black people in these areas. In my experience of this of well over a decade I've known a single black person. 

Loads of South Asians though. 

It's nothing to do with race. Just certain groups of people are generally better or worse at different things. Brits with South Asian heritage are generally very good at these roles. Black British people are not. White people are a mixture. Just my opinion. 

You would think this kind of logic would fit perfectly into the "diversity" agenda wouldn't you ?

But no - quite the opposite. 

"Diversity" appears to mean more like we are all the same. Which we clearly aren't. 

It's just weird. 

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Perhaps we need a decent centrist  black leader at the BBC..   then they can be properly virtuous while simultaneously not publishing all these shite faux racism articles written by white middle class latte drinkers and focus on actual news.

Yes, I would like that. I don't care where you are from, as long as you can sniff out the bullshit.

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Actually..  scratch that,  the BBC should properly lead by example.

Their next CEO should be a trans BAME with mental health issues and at least one disability from a sink estate in a poor region.  

That would prove they really stand by their convictions.

I'm afraid it's not like that.

10 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Well that's certainly a "sweeping generalisation". Not sure I agree on that one. Obviously they are good at playing bass.

Oh it is a sweeping generalisation. But that's what generalisations are :Old::D

Just look at the evidence. It's overwhelming. 

And it's not a white being better thing. 

IMO "East" or "South" Asians are generally the best at this stuff.