DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

China 2049

China is often mentioned under various threads, so I thought we should have one to knit them together.

Chatting with a client, a very straight laced senior member of the Windsor conservatives, she suddenly veered off in to full tinfoil hattery about the plans to rule the world by 2049.

https://www.odi.org/projects/china-2049-initiative?gclid=Cj0KCQiAzsz-BRCCARIsANotFgPnWySiE0cCD0_jkBF_hsTD8MukIVB48I52BbHI3J9UHaYw2w-AmJYaAlE0EALw_wcB

One of her points was they are lending a lot of money to countries for infrastructure, mainly ports. When the countries struggle with payment, China takes a controlling stake in the port.

Own a country's ports and you pretty much own the country.

Any views?

21 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

China is often mentioned under various threads, so I thought we should have one to knit them together.

Chatting with a client, a very straight laced senior member of the Windsor conservatives, she suddenly veered off in to full tinfoil hattery about the plans to rule the world by 2049.

https://www.odi.org/projects/china-2049-initiative?gclid=Cj0KCQiAzsz-BRCCARIsANotFgPnWySiE0cCD0_jkBF_hsTD8MukIVB48I52BbHI3J9UHaYw2w-AmJYaAlE0EALw_wcB

One of her points was they are lending a lot of money to countries for infrastructure, mainly ports. When the countries struggle with payment, China takes a controlling stake in the port.

Any views?

The tribes of Africa won't take kindly to that and I don't think they would baulk at giving any Chinese there a new slit.

22 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Any views?

Only if you give up control when they claim it. If you can tell China to fuck off then you will. Probably means being friends with the USA.

China is a fascist country. That is so obvious now it is mental that people try to deny it.

4 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Only if you give up control when they claim it. If you can tell China to fuck off then you will. Probably means being friends with the USA.

China is a fascist country. That is so obvious now it is mental that people try to deny it.

I think she was talking about Caribbean countries. Maybe Jamaica?

Yes. Here you go...

https://thephoenixnewspaper.com/concerns-as-china-takes-full-control-of-port-o-kingston

Edited by Wight Flight

well said many times before but just following the Wests (US) imperial stratagems 20th century.   Maybe it's just natural - strong win out and take advantage?

The article is stakeholder this stakeholder that:wanker:- what are stakeholders exactly?  Basically everyone so roundabout fancy way of saying everyone

9 minutes ago, King of Fools said:

China 2049? Is it better than Cyberpunk 2077? Let me know, the lad wants me to buy him a game. Cheers.

I don’t know but son has just bought it and is telling Mr B to get it for the PC at gog.com. Good apparently. Cyberpunk, that is.

Edited by Battenberg
39 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Any views?

There’s been a complete paradigm shift behind the scenes in how nations compete both economically and geopolitically. The man on the street is  encouraged to retain the ideas forged in the aftermath of WW2 for expedience.

China is like the girl in the office who operates the photocopier. She might churn out good copies but she’s never going to build a photocopier from scratch or take over the company.

Just now, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I have now. One thing to own a thirty year lease and another thing to use it to restrict imports or export.

It s China building the Thames Gateway docks? That is quite different as the UK has a lot of other docks.

I really have no idea, which is why I started the thread.

Given that Dosbods are usually very good at this kind of thing, I am hopefully going to learn.

6 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

And do you need a war if you can win a siege?

A siege with the USA? America can feed itself and can provide all its energy needs, at a pinch, internally. China cannot get close to either.

A siege with a country like Jamaica would require agreement not to intervene from the USA. They would also rapidly lose support elsewhere. Very easy to change western opinion by pointing out that their economy and exports run on dirty coal. Add on the known human rights abuses against minorities and they're a boycotted pariah in no time.