• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Turned Out Nice Again

The false Left consensus on Social Media

Anybody else no longer bother rebutting Left virtue-sgnallers, SJWs, Trump-baiters and Remoaners on FaceAche et al.?

Just not worth the potential blowback for me anymore as all it achieves is to enrage and alienate the brainwashed majority, some of whom are going to be your BluePill friends, family and work colleagues.

The Left OTOH, clad as they are in the raiment of Truth and Justice and operating well inside the Overton Window, feel no such constraints.

It's crowd-sourced propaganda.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

Yeah.  I've now resorted to agreeing an amplifying to avoid criticism whilst making others think.  Today, for example, in response to a SJW open borders signaller, I agreed and said that based on UN projections we need to be ready to take in up to 150MM africans in the next 40 years, almost 3 times current UK population.

Seems to work by the comments I get afterwards where the SJW always tries to walk backwards :)

4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Yeah.  I've now resorted to agreeing an amplifying to avoid criticism whilst making others think.  Today, for example, in response to a SJW open borders signaller, I agreed and said that based on UN projections we need to be ready to take in up to 150MM africans in the next 40 years, almost 3 times current UK population.

Seems to work by the comments I get afterwards where the SJW always tries to walk backwards :)

I really cba now, too many fucking idiots who argue in the echo chamber. I'd rather spend the time educating myself.

however the above argument is great, i must use that one, that's a corker ;)

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

No, it is.

My other forums are football ones.  You should see the spelling and grammar; "should of" and "loose" (meaning lose) are standard.

Sorry, it was my attempt at humour. I'm often amazed at the level of intelligence and critical analysis on here. Even from the northern contingent. B|

3 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Almost everyone is, using Cornwall as the base line. 

I am the least patriotic Cornish person I know!  It's nice but so is Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Derbyshire and so on.

I restrict myself to hyperbolic comments in the Graun, blaming Trump for Floridian sink holes, that sort of thing.

Its simply amazing to see how many loons agreed with my irrational standpoints, some that I have had to enter an almost Milliganesque head-space to achieve!

1 hour ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Anybody else no longer bother rebutting Left virtue-sgnallers, SJWs, Trump-baiters and Remoaners on FaceAche et al.?

I can only be bothered occasionally. The format does not lend itself to sufficient depth of discussion to actually foment changes in people's beliefs. If it's an actual friend I sometimes bring it up with them later in person, not to tell them they're wrong, but in an effort to see how they came to believe whatever rubbish they were endorsing.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

I once attempted to debate a point re: immigration on Facebook a little while before I binned it off.

You know those things that fire tennis balls?

Get one of those and then grab yourself a chair, sit down and have the ball-launcher aimed directly at your face.

Remove any tennis balls from the machine and instead, replace them with lumps of the freshest bullshit you can lay your hands on.

Sit in your chair and attempt to speak in a cogent and reasoned manner about your chosen subject. About thirty seconds in, turn on the launcher, don't stop speaking though.

Add additional bullshit-launchers to represent the gathering of further SJW reinforcements against your topic.

How long you decide to try and carry on reasonably and calmly whilst being continually pelted with raw, unadulterated bullshit from all sides is up to you. Personally, I lasted about five minutes.

This is what trying to debate serious stuff on facebook is like.

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one." -- Charles Mackay

Give it time...

2 minutes ago, Lipid said:

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one." -- Charles Mackay

Give it time...

That's ok, women will save the day. B|

1 minute ago, blobloblob said:

Too bloody right; Cumbria pisses on all other counties, in spite of giving most of them a few centuries' head start.

Wrong side of the Pennines. You do realise that we are still at war?  o.O

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

That's ok, women will save the day. B|

Wrong side of the Pennines. You do realise that we are still at war?  o.O

We were too busy 'tending' our sheep to even notice you lot were having a war.

2 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Just not worth the potential blowback for me anymore as all it achieves is to enrage and alienate the brainwashed majority, some of whom are going to be your BluePill friends, family and work colleagues.

The Left OTOH, clad as they are in the raiment of Truth and Justice and operating well inside the Overton Window, feel no such constraints.

It's crowd-sourced propaganda.

Me.

I have cut some people out of my life recently. No longer worth the hassle or stress of trying to reason with them. They were obsessed with Trump but seemingly oblivious to the madness of Merkel, migrants and the danger of islam. All public sector types working in the local unis.