Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have asked thousands of people the same question. They just shake their head 

I imagine people are living longer. That is all. Governments claim to delay the Reaper, but they can't.

Don't think it is but you go the the quack, he gives you pills, the pills have side effects, he gives you another set of pills and some statins. You now have three sets of pills, after a couple o

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I imagine people are living longer. That is all. Governments claim to delay the Reaper, but they can't.

I'll look up stats for age of first diagnosis. Tomorrow.

 

If it is old age then I'm not sure what people want.

 

Just now, Loki said:

Poor diet (High in calories, low in nutrition) and over medication.

Sorry, no conspiracy theory here.

Wasn't looking for a conspiracy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

I'll look up stats for age of first diagnosis. Tomorrow.

 

If it is old age then I'm not sure what people want.

 

Wasn't looking for a conspiracy.

 

Thankfully there's no history of it in my family. It's all comical piano winching accidents, or stakes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Wasn't looking for a conspiracy.

Don't think it is but you go the the quack, he gives you pills, the pills have side effects, he gives you another set of pills and some statins.

You now have three sets of pills, after a couple of years he decides that you need blood pressure pills on top of the statins.

You now have 4 sets of pills.

etc, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt down from a card I received yesterday.

Someone I used to work with and we’ve kept in touch over the years.

Diagnosed with type 1 diabetes out the blue aged around 18 back in the 80’s. Slim, ate decent, didn’t drink excessively and never smoked. Eyesight has failed over the past 10 years.

Unlucky in “love” too. Husband divorced her for years ago for someone else he’d been having an affair with. She remarried after many years alone and they were a reasonably happy couple but unfortunately he died around 2 years ago.

The unfortunate news in the card was that this lovely woman has now been diagnosed with motor neurone disease :S.

Luckily she has a son from first marriage who now has a wife and they are both very supportive to her.

Parkinsons and motor neurone disease are not nice illnesses because they can be long and drawn out for the sufferers. Plus not nice for close family and friends to witness the demise.

I would like the option of lethal injection if I had a condition that ruined my ability to be independent in my life....at a time of my choosing of course. Unfortunately it’s an emotive and moral issue regarding ending human life. It’s easy to get an animal put out it’s misery but I have heard personally from vets on two occasions about the disgust they felt on euthanising healthy animals. Open to abuse!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I felt down from a card I received yesterday.

Someone I used to work with and we’ve kept in touch over the years.

Diagnosed with type 1 diabetes out the blue aged around 18 back in the 80’s. Slim, ate decent, didn’t drink excessively and never smoked. Eyesight has failed over the past 10 years.

Unlucky in “love” too. Husband divorced her for years ago for someone else he’d been having an affair with. She remarried after many years alone and they were a reasonably happy couple but unfortunately he died around 2 years ago.

The unfortunate news in the card was that this lovely woman has now been diagnosed with motor neurone disease :S.

Luckily she has a son from first marriage who now has a wife and they are both very supportive to her.

Parkinsons and motor neurone disease are not nice illnesses because they can be long and drawn out for the sufferers. Plus not nice for close family and friends to witness the demise.

I would like the option of lethal injection if I had a condition that ruined my ability to be independent in my life....at a time of my choosing of course. Unfortunately it’s an emotive and moral issue regarding ending human life. It’s easy to get an animal put out it’s misery but I have heard personally from vets on two occasions about the disgust they felt on euthanising healthy animals. Open to abuse!

That's sad news indeed from your ex colleague. Some people just seem to have more than their share of bad luck? 😶

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

No. It's just shit.

It’s the best it’s been ever I remember I used to visit a guy originally from Devon or Cornwall he must have been 90 this was 10 years ago .he was upset one day and I’m like what’s up he said I’ve just been the old folks club and made a fool of myself .it might have been there Xmas party lol I’m like what have you done he said they were all moaning about modern life and how crap it is .apparently he stood up a reminded them that he lived in a village not connected to electricity till the 1950s everyone was to poor to own a car the toilet was outside there was no tv you had to walk miles to get your radio battery recharged life expectancy was crap no central heating etc etc etc .basicly he silenced them all but felt guilty .I learnt a lot about this guy I knew him 2 years he offered me books that belonged to his wife that were first editions she had died they were all signed then he said I’ve got his natzi uniform

in the loft he was a blackshirt if you want it I’m like fuck

off lol .I thought he was kidding I think the first book he tried to give me was Tarka the otter or salmon the samon or something similar 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...