DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Panic Buying is here again

Not only was my supermarket unusually busy today but, as with the last time, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy as soon as the media run a story on it.

And here it is.  Lead story in the Sun.

FEAR WE GO!

Panic-buyers hit the supermarkets to stockpile food amid No Deal Brexit fears

PANIC buyers have hit the supermarkets to stockpile food amid fears of a No Deal Brexit.

The UK and the EU today vowed to continue negotiations - but some nervous shoppers were seen leaving Costco with huge hauls of loo roll, beer and baguettes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13461400/panic-buyeres-supermarkets-stockpile-food-no-deal-brexit/

And mentioned within the headline of the lead story in The Mail.

Boris Johnson says the UK will 'go the extra mile' in EU Brexit talks as he steps back from the brink of No Deal but warns they could still fail because the two sides 'are still very far apart on some key things' - as supermarkets prepare for panic-buying

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9048077/The-message-No-Deal-Supermarkets-told-begin-stockpiling-ahead-Brexit-deadline.html

That is the genie out of the bottle.  Panic buying it is.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bloody fake news legacy media needs to be collectively arrested for crimes against the population.  

I love panic buying it’s exciting and gives me a feeble excuse to increase my stash of various things.I’m just pondering if buying 500 quids worth of larger would give visiting social workers the wron

After nearly five years of monkeypants shenanigans, whatever emerges as 'Brexit' passed pyrrhic victory about seventeen exits back.   

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Bloody fake news legacy media needs to be collectively arrested for crimes against the population.  

I may have appeared to be panic buying today as there was a £10 off when you spend £40 token at Lidl and as I really struggle to get to £40 (no booze allowed in that total) that meant a huge pack of toilet rolls, several pots of high strength vitamin D, lots of tinned stiff and tea and coffee so I probably looked like I was panic buying. 

1 minute ago, Harley said:

Well over another mile - more like a mad dog running around in circles.

As long as he scares the French it's job done.

12 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Not only was my supermarket unusually busy today but, as with the last time, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy as soon as the media run a story on it.

And here it is.  Lead story in the Sun.

FEAR WE GO!

Panic-buyers hit the supermarkets to stockpile food amid No Deal Brexit fears

PANIC buyers have hit the supermarkets to stockpile food amid fears of a No Deal Brexit.

The UK and the EU today vowed to continue negotiations - but some nervous shoppers were seen leaving Costco with huge hauls of loo roll, beer and baguettes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13461400/panic-buyeres-supermarkets-stockpile-food-no-deal-brexit/

And mentioned within the headline of the lead story in The Mail.

Boris Johnson says the UK will 'go the extra mile' in EU Brexit talks as he steps back from the brink of No Deal but warns they could still fail because the two sides 'are still very far apart on some key things' - as supermarkets prepare for panic-buying

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9048077/The-message-No-Deal-Supermarkets-told-begin-stockpiling-ahead-Brexit-deadline.html

I love panic buying it’s exciting and gives me a feeble excuse to increase my stash of various things.I’m just pondering if buying 500 quids worth of larger would give visiting social workers the wrong impression 

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I may have appeared to be panic buying today as there was a £10 off when you spend £40 token at Lidl and as I really struggle to get to £40 (no booze allowed in that total) that meant a huge pack of toilet rolls, several pots of high strength vitamin D, lots of tinned stiff and tea and coffee so I probably looked like I was panic buying. 

40 quid would be quite a challenge I agree did u have to spend 40 before or after it’s deducted ie 50 

6 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

40 quid would be quite a challenge I agree did u have to spend 40 before or after it’s deducted ie 50 

£40 gross spend, £30 net.

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Middle aisle and booze aisle. Although vouchers not normally work on booze.

Specifically no booze and nothing I wanted in the middle aisle.

The link below was it though the Thursday, Friday and Saturday issues that had the voucher.  I only bought one as there was no way I was going to be able to spend £80.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/13428818/10-off-lidl-shop-voucher-deals/

I did mention it on the lottery thread on Friday and thought people might see it there.

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Prepping for the GA senator run-offs?

12 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I love panic buying it’s exciting and gives me a feeble excuse to increase my stash of various things.I’m just pondering if buying 500 quids worth of larger would give visiting social workers the wrong impression 

Once (if) travel opens up again, may I suggest you take a trip to Uruguay? They always talk about selling ice to Eskimos but perhaps you can offload some of your remaining pies in the capital of Rio Negro?

5557.jpg?width=460&quality=85&auto=forma

18 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Once (if) travel opens up again, may I suggest you take a trip to Uruguay? They always talk about selling ice to Eskimos but perhaps you can offload some of your remaining pies in the capital of Rio Negro?

My pie woman is visiting Tuesday going to try chicken a mushroom a steak a kidney this time will be freezing quite a bit .

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

After nearly five years of monkeypants shenanigans, whatever emerges as 'Brexit' passed pyrrhic victory about seventeen exits back. 

Edited by Conniption
2 minutes ago, Conniption said:

I disagree.

There are two huge positives:

Regaining sovereignty: the ability to set laws and economic policy that specifically suit the UK.

Breaking free from the imploding mess that is the EU before we get dragged down into chaos with it.

38 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

A place that could only exist in the minds of Wacists!

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I disagree.

There are two huge positives:

preaching to the converted. Voted to Leave five long years ago with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength and all my mind, I'm just not as positive as you are at this point that we got what we voted for.

Regaining sovereignty: the ability to set laws and economic policy that specifically suit the UK.

we cannot even seem to get our fishing waters sorted out.

Breaking free from the imploding mess that is the EU before we get dragged down into chaos with it.

You're right, we are creating plenty of homegrown chaos on our own, best we stick with what we know rather than that filthy continental chaos.