DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Labour says cancel christmas

I think they're nearly right.

The problem is very old people get ill with covid19.

Surely they should be saying 'Everyone celebrate Christmas!  Yeah!  But not the really old people.'

But no-one wants to say that for some reason -- they're happier if everyone suffers equally (well, the younger folk suffer most because they're in the 'party years', even though they're not the ones that get ill and will be the ones paying for this time over the next 25 years).

2 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Personal responsibility. Do you want to visit Granny and does she want to see you? People should make their own minds up. It is their business. They can conduct their own risk assessments. You can recommend people don't meet but you should not legislate against it.

I'd assume  Boris said people could relax the rules for Christmas rather than criminalise Christmas.

Is that what Sir Starmer wants?

1 hour ago, One percent said:

They really are utter cunts. I hope that the police will be carefully checking that each MP is following whatever rules are put in place to the letter.  Sadly, i bet there will be a lot of them driving around, checking their eyesight. 

No cancel Christmas will be far more fun has I just do what I want anyway then I get to goad everyone on Facebook that obeyed 

1 hour ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Personal responsibility. Do you want to visit Granny and does she want to see you? People should make their own minds up. It is their business. They can conduct their own risk assessments. You can recommend people don't meet but you should not legislate against it.

Correct my mums not visiting my sister she normally stays 2 days .at my sisters will be people from 2 different universities and about another 10 people.the logic is my mums safe none going my sisters gives a fuck if they catch it 

3 hours ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

If they’d just done nothing this would long be over by now with the same or fewer deaths. That’s what the opposition should be saying. 

Not heard anything from government, nhs or media to explain or express concern about the spike in the thousands of excess non covid deaths during the April death surge. There are even some conspiracy minded persons who suspect the number of mis-labelled non-covid deaths caused by denial of access to health services at that time were considerably more numerous than the official figures suggest. Some extreme far right conspiracy theorists even suspect that the non-covid excess deaths could have exceeded the covid deaths.

Edited by Caravan Monster
17 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Correct my mums not visiting my sister she normally stays 2 days .at my sisters will be people from 2 different universities and about another 10 people.the logic is my mums safe none going my sisters gives a fuck if they catch it 

My daughter emailed asking if I was up for meeting the family over crimbo because lurgy. It's kind of cute that she is concerned but wtf? I'd have thought that she knew me better. I have my faults but being overly concerned for my own welfare isn't one of them.