DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Covid Dragons' Den - what was your "I'm Out" moment?

stop_the_craziness

stop_the_craziness

I'd really like to say I thought it was all a load of bollocks from the start, but that would be a bit too revisionist.  I did think it was "convenient timing" but they did have me going all the same.

The moment I decided "I'm Out" was when Boris came on and did all that mathmatically nonsensical garbage about bubbles so that people's grandparents could start looking after their kids again.   Once I'd crossed over in my mind I never went back.

Did anyone else have one pinpoint moment or was it more a gradual eroding of trust and logic?

Edited by stop_the_craziness
  • Agree 3
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The XYY Man

• stop_the_craziness

• Carl Fimble

• Wight Flight

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Difficult question. Definitely suckered in at the beginning. The propaganda videos from China of death in the street and cages over front doors did their job. The pictures from northern Italy too. How

For me it was around Easter when it was clear the promised bodies were not going to pile up in the streets. Boris getting 'it' was a worry, but after that it seemed the whole thing was an over-reactio

It seemed so real at the start because basically everyone IRL took it at face value and joined in with the bizarre behaviour changes. Online, it was the Wittkowski and Ioannidis videos, reinforced wit

Posted Images

I thought it might be a big deal before it was even being reported here

Good question though, now I think about I couldn't tell you but I thought it was total bollocks by at least April

• Agree 3
Democorruptcy

Looked at the ONS data, did some fag packet calculations and posted on here the average age at death was just over 80 with less than 300 deaths under 40, before I'd heard any mention of that on the news.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 1
The Grey Man

For me there was never a single moment in time. Rather an acummulation of events.

The first was early summer when it was clear who the demographic were at risk. This coincided with many young health care workers telling me their positive antibody results and never knowingly were ill.

I was not in agreement then with the official plan at that point. I understood the govs view point, but felt there was another view. That was stage one. That also covered the likes of Whitty, Valance and Dam. No other view was allowed. That then raised another marker of the effects of freedom. I felt those three names would be mentioned in years to come for many reasons.

The prospective of schools/universities returning was the next stage. Hearing folk screaming no. This time it was not the government who were a concern, it was the natives. How many had not started to think of this as a backdrop to an evoloving bigger picture. When I hear, or at least perceive, fuck the kids...thats just wrong. At the very least think of who will be the generation looking after you if you reach the incontinence years.

The prediction of a lockdown in autumn was key. The 4k a day deaths speech. Then I guess that was my moment. Then all the tin foil hat issues came to the fore. From that point the great reset, big pharma, social lockdown, the other death rates of those at home, the care home deaths, PPE contracts, SERCO. After that it was all up for debate. Up untill that point all the tin foil issues I knew of, were held at bay. Mentioned, but could just go along with it all.

After that I have been vocal outside. No reverse SJW here.

I am fucked off.

Untill that point it had been a plan with problems.

Now it was just a problem.

• Agree 7
Battenberg

When we went to compulsory mask wearing and there were no bodies piling up in the street. At that point I’d done a full 180. At the beginning of the year I was seriously scared but now I’m meh!

Edited by Battenberg
  • Agree 5
Yadda yadda yadda

There was another moment I forgot about. A friend had to go to A & E during the first lockdown in late Spring. Completely empty. They were in and out in 90 minutes having had x-rays. Usually you'd need to take provisions, survive on vending machine chocolate or risk starvation before concluding a visit. Instead the staff were pleased to have a patient, albeit briefly. This was in London the then epicenter of doom.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3
  • Lol 1
Hail the Tripod

It seems evident to me that SARS-COV2 virus spreads seasonally much like every other cold causing Coronavirus, but that the associated syndrome of COVID19 is seriously related to vitamin D deficiency/insufficiency. I think we were just incredibly lucky with the timing and the exceptional weather starting in early spring.

I actually still think it’ll get pretty brutal by March 2021, if the government/legacy media manage to successfully suppress advice to supplement as “fake news”.

With regard specifically to the government response, it was pretty clear they were going to make everything worse to the maximum extent possible right from the fucking start!

Edited by Hail the Tripod
  • Agree 5
Dogtania

I'm still not "out" guess I'm one of those stupid dragons that hums and hers (think one lady never made a deal on that show) or more prosaically i drive a hard bargain.

What's weird is back end of February, I was super concerned and couldn't believe the inept government, WHO, China trying to play it down and in UK letting all and sundry enter country whilst others locking the doors.

I remember just before I went off with my suspected bug and just before lockdown hearing piers Morgan screaming on the telly at work, "shut the borders, these politians are criminal etc".  At the time I agreed.

Then before that Boris making a show of shaking hands wtf?

But now it's the opposite.  Like never never land.  The mad piece I read last night with dark satanic nights etc bolted on did say this was the plan... Play it down, let it seed, then lockdown onwards, fear campaign but the released virus that had been smuggled into China not that dangerous.

A lot of what I read does fit, but that's hindsight for you.

It's the civil stuff, the medical censorship and goal to do down mass vaccination that is slightly concerning now.

Not sure I've woken up or was never asleep tbh.  It's all too weird.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
Malthus

Don’t know anyone who has been ill of my age age or younger

2 people I know mums passed away since March with a positive test, both late 80’s in care homes who’s deaths were not unexpected due to multiple other health issues 

About May I worked out that we are really lucky that the big pandemic isn’t very deadly 

We are fecked if there is a pandemic with a 10% fatality rate 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Shamone
2 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Difficult question. Definitely suckered in at the beginning. The propaganda videos from China of death in the street and cages over front doors did their job. The pictures from northern Italy too. However, it was the lack of people in the nightingale hospitals that was the turning point.  Then the fucking tiktok nurses.

That was really fucking annoying. And that fucking clapping. Christ. Made me laugh @The XYY Man and his photos of those guys with the trumpets and drums?

• Agree 4
Alonso Quijano

Probably the enforced masks. I'd been going the pub meeting friends albeit with limited seating arrangements and arrows on the floor, gave those pubs insisting on signing in a miss. This was for several weeks before masks came in for supermarkets, bearing in mind I'd been shopping for months again with some social distancing and hand gel.

So confident was I that it would be over June/July I was rushing to get a 'lockdown' song recorded before it was all over!

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
The XYY Man
14 minutes ago, Shamone said:

That was really fucking annoying. And that fucking clapping. Christ. Made me laugh @The XYY Man and his photos of those guys with the trumpets and drums?

Ah yes, my neighbours Craig and Charlie.

Otherwise known as the Dole-claimers, with their posh mobility car.

They won't walk five hundred feet, and they won't walk five inches more...

XYY

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1
Mirror Mirror
23 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

It's changed my life. I always knew politicians and the media lied, but instinct was British authorities were broadly acting in our interests. I hope things will change but suspect I will never again be able to view the authorities as anything other than an enemy and to view any interaction with the state as a last resort.

Not much I can add to the testimony up thread, most of which Ive upvoted sonce it tallies with my own experiences.

But Ive picked this paragraph out, since I could have written it.

Like you, I always knew of their lies, but the corona scamdemic has illustrated in stark technicolour just how the MSN operates as a propaganda arm of the state. Once you realise it, you cant unsee it; so many other things just fall into place.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
  • Agree 9
Shamone
39 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I used to love the BBC.  Especially Radio Four.  I started to get a bit twitchy with their Brexit coverage, but now it's on a whole other level.  I can't have Radio Four on in the car for more than a few minutes before I find myself shouting back at it.

This is very true. Used to listen to it a lot. It’s almost like a parody or spoof now. It’s unending wokeness and mind control. Switched on this evening - “all in the mind” about racism and its affects. It literally never stops. It’s so in your face. 

• Agree 11
Carl Fimble
6 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I'd really like to say I thought it was all a load of bollocks from the start, but that would be a bit too revisionist.  I did think it was "convenient timing" but they did have me going all the same.

The moment I decided "I'm Out" was when Boris came on and did all that mathmatically nonsensical garbage about bubbles so that people's grandparents could start looking after their kids again.   Once I'd crossed over in my mind I never went back.

Did anyone else have one pinpoint moment or was it more a gradual eroding of trust and logic?

Pretty early on *, though I started from a position where I didn't trust the government, the morons still advocating for a ridiculous shutting down of normal human life presumably still believe the government and media wish them no ill.....

Spastics, enthusiasticly dragging us towards a hellish future. 

I think so badly of people now- the general public and people I know personally. 

Loads of folk I talk to know it's more of less bollocks, or at the very least that the threat is massively over stated. Still, they do what they're told to, so the neighbours won't think badly of them, or something.

Our ancestors must be spinning in their graves, pathetic...

* Forgot to add this bit :

^ (Me from 4th of April, probably just after I'd finished all my panic buying and started to realise the threat really was from the masses, and not the (fucking) virus. 

Screenshot to save you clicking the bit above to read it :

Screenshot_20201216-010727.png

Edited by Carl Fimble
Adding the post from April and the pish underneath
  • Agree 6
  • Informative 1
The XYY Man
40 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I think so badly of people now- the general public and people I know personally. 

Loads of folk I talk to know it's more of less bollocks, or at the very least that the threat is massively over stated. Still, they do what they're told to, so the neighbours won't think badly of them, or something.

Our ancestors must be spinning in their graves, pathetic...

I think our ancestors would do exactly the same Carl.

Not upsetting one's neighbours is a quintessential British trait, and one that we should be most proud of...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man