DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

How do you stop your nuts making a complete mess?

I've bought my seasonal bags of mixed nuts (love a Brazil!). But no matter how carefully I crack my nuts open it still makes a mess, with nut dust everywhere, even if I cup it with my hands. I'm using a traditional nutcracker. Would something like this be better?

61Tvz4JKuiL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

(Yes, I have been reading Viz, Christmas edtion, fnarr!).

Edited by The Idiocrat
15 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Walnuts you can crack in your hands bicep

FTFY

I don't think I'd want my nuts in that thing in the photo.

My old boss used to bring a huge bowl of nuts to the office at xmas and leave them out with a pair of nutcrackers. All the rest of the office were donut and cake fans and studiously avoided the nuts, although they couldn't say anything because boss. I actually like nuts and spent all day being a nuisance with loud bangs and bits of nut everywhere.

35 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

I've bought my seasonal bags of mixed nuts (love a Brazil!). But no matter how carefully I crack my nuts open it still makes a mess, with nut dust everywhere, even if I cup it with my hands. I'm using a traditional nutcracker. Would something like this be better?

got one of those, German, works very well

1 hour ago, The Idiocrat said:

I have one of those in my kitchen drawer and I had no idea what the fuck it was!

I assumed it was some sort of bottle opener left by my arthritic mum.

My Spanish friend enjoys eating "pippas." These are parrot-style sunflower seeds but roasted and hypersalted. She is expert in cracking them open (I can't do it easily) and will sit and binge an entire bag in one go. The combination of scratchy shells and the massive salt makes the whole lower half of her face bright red.

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Can someone post a link to a good nut cracker (no rude jokes please) as I’ve never found a god one. Preferably Amazon for next day delivery. 
tia 

81ZmTAJawjL._AC_UL320_.jpg

19 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

My Spanish friend enjoys eating "pippas." These are parrot-style sunflower seeds but roasted and hypersalted. She is expert in cracking them open (I can't do it easily) and will sit and binge an entire bag in one go. The combination of scratchy shells and the massive salt makes the whole lower half of her face bright red.

Love them, very nutritious. I eat them on the beach when in Spain, spit the shells out, then bury them in the sand. There’s certainly a technique to eat them though, without peeling by hand - bite between front teeth to open the shell whilst holding it between fingers, then use tip of tongue to fish out the shell.

Edited by The Idiocrat
1 minute ago, The Idiocrat said:

Love them, very nutritious. I eat them on the beach when in Spain, spit the shells out, then bury them in the sand. There’s certainly a technique to eat them though, without peeling by hand - bite between front teeth to open the shell whilst holding it between fingers, then use tip of tongue to fish out the shell.

It's a very Greek habbit too. "my mate "Tony the Bubble" used to nibble away, whilst smashing plates, and painting eggs.

31 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Can you do it balancing on one leg on a tree branch though?