Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

  • 0

Cortana Pop UP


sleepwello'nights
 Share

Question

sleepwello'nights

All this talk of our freedoms being eroded by Coronavirus lock down precautions, the ending of democracy by refusing to accept the fraudulent and illegal ballots in the United States, pales into insignificance when I have a real problem to deal with.

A few weeks ago after a Windows 10 update a Pop Up pops up every few minutes when I'm using the edge browser trying to get me to use Cortana. 

image.thumb.png.481db9624e57359127a4aaa6b850ed37.png

How do I get rid of it. The remedies I've found with an internet search haven't come up with a solution. I've disabled all notifications but it still annoyingly pops up frequently.

Help! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Democorruptcy
6 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

All this talk of our freedoms being eroded by Coronavirus lock down precautions, the ending of democracy by refusing to accept the fraudulent and illegal ballots in the United States, pales into insignificance when I have a real problem to deal with.

A few weeks ago after a Windows 10 update a Pop Up pops up every few minutes when I'm using the edge browser trying to get me to use Cortana. 

image.thumb.png.481db9624e57359127a4aaa6b850ed37.png

How do I get rid of it. The remedies I've found with an internet search haven't come up with a solution. I've disabled all notifications but it still annoyingly pops up frequently.

Help! 

What version of WIn 10 are you Pro or Enterprise? If you type gpedit.msc in the search box does it find it? You could turn Cortana off

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-disable-cortana/

(It can be done if you are on Home but it's messier. I'm on Home and have turned that and a lot more off)

  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
sleepwello'nights
On 17/12/2020 at 16:52, Democorruptcy said:

What version of WIn 10 are you Pro or Enterprise? If you type gpedit.msc in the search box does it find it? You could turn Cortana off

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-disable-cortana/

(It can be done if you are on Home but it's messier. I'm on Home and have turned that and a lot more off)

 

 

Thanks for pointing me to that article. I finally got round to taking the steps to disable Cortana.

What I now get is this pop up: :o

image.thumb.png.2fc0e0a6af7adcd885728570a0293f57.png

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

 

Thanks for pointing me to that article. I finally got round to taking the steps to disable Cortana.

What I now get is this pop up: :o

image.thumb.png.2fc0e0a6af7adcd885728570a0293f57.png

 

I hope you don't mean it's there all the time! I don't have that. Maybe you are on Pro? I'm on Home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
sleepwello'nights
26 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I hope you don't mean it's there all the time! I don't have that. Maybe you are on Pro? I'm on Home.

It's a pop up. Thankfully it pops up less frequently than the sign in pop up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Latest threads

×
×
  • Create New...