DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Cortana Pop UP

sleepwello'nights

Question

sleepwello'nights

All this talk of our freedoms being eroded by Coronavirus lock down precautions, the ending of democracy by refusing to accept the fraudulent and illegal ballots in the United States, pales into insignificance when I have a real problem to deal with.

A few weeks ago after a Windows 10 update a Pop Up pops up every few minutes when I'm using the edge browser trying to get me to use Cortana. 

image.thumb.png.481db9624e57359127a4aaa6b850ed37.png

How do I get rid of it. The remedies I've found with an internet search haven't come up with a solution. I've disabled all notifications but it still annoyingly pops up frequently.

Help! 

5 answers to this question

Democorruptcy
6 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

All this talk of our freedoms being eroded by Coronavirus lock down precautions, the ending of democracy by refusing to accept the fraudulent and illegal ballots in the United States, pales into insignificance when I have a real problem to deal with.

A few weeks ago after a Windows 10 update a Pop Up pops up every few minutes when I'm using the edge browser trying to get me to use Cortana. 

image.thumb.png.481db9624e57359127a4aaa6b850ed37.png

How do I get rid of it. The remedies I've found with an internet search haven't come up with a solution. I've disabled all notifications but it still annoyingly pops up frequently.

Help! 

What version of WIn 10 are you Pro or Enterprise? If you type gpedit.msc in the search box does it find it? You could turn Cortana off

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-disable-cortana/

(It can be done if you are on Home but it's messier. I'm on Home and have turned that and a lot more off)

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

sleepwello'nights
On 17/12/2020 at 16:52, Democorruptcy said:

What version of WIn 10 are you Pro or Enterprise? If you type gpedit.msc in the search box does it find it? You could turn Cortana off

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-disable-cortana/

(It can be done if you are on Home but it's messier. I'm on Home and have turned that and a lot more off)

Thanks for pointing me to that article. I finally got round to taking the steps to disable Cortana.

What I now get is this pop up: :o

image.thumb.png.2fc0e0a6af7adcd885728570a0293f57.png

• Agree 1

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Thanks for pointing me to that article. I finally got round to taking the steps to disable Cortana.

What I now get is this pop up: :o

image.thumb.png.2fc0e0a6af7adcd885728570a0293f57.png

I hope you don't mean it's there all the time! I don't have that. Maybe you are on Pro? I'm on Home.

sleepwello'nights
26 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I hope you don't mean it's there all the time! I don't have that. Maybe you are on Pro? I'm on Home.

It's a pop up. Thankfully it pops up less frequently than the sign in pop up.