DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

“I don’t care” - How to Deal With Liberals

14 minutes ago, Jazztraveller said:

Found this article that I thought could fit into a lot of threads. As one who gets increasingly triggered (hate that word) by Libtards, I’m going to try and follow it 😄

https://www.jack-donovan.com/sowilo/2014/06/29/i-dont-care/

I’ve said for years apathy is a dangerous weapon particularly against bleating women and it’s legal

49 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I haven't heard that one for over forty years!

It was current at the time of the Jeremy Thorpe trial.

As was:

Q.  What do Jeremy Thorpe and Captain Kirk have in common...?

A.  They both want more thrust from Scotty...

XYY

From the article 

I care about what happens to my friends and my family and my tribe. I care, and even at this point I am using care very loosely, about the kind of people I generally like, respect or support. People who are like me, or who are like the people I like.

pretty much nails it tbh. 

A good article but the author's assumption that falling violent crime rates are due to the overuse of CCTV doesn't stack up, when pretty much all street crime figures go up every year. There's absolutely no evidence that CCTV reduces crime, otherwise if it did this country would be the most crime free in the world.

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

A good article but the author's assumption that falling violent crime rates are due to the overuse of CCTV doesn't stack up, when pretty much all street crime figures go up every year. There's absolutely no evidence that CCTV reduces crime, otherwise if it did this country would be the most crime free in the world.

Crims presumably take account of the video surveillance* risk and wear something which obscures their faces. A doddle now with masks everywhere. Well I would.

*I refuse to say CCTV what does "closed circuit" even mean? To me it dates from the 1950s when TV naturally meant broadcast TV, but in the rare circumstance otherwise then it needed to be clarified as non-broadcast.

30 minutes ago, spunko said:

Greater Manchester police just stopped recording it.

Part of the problem is modern TV.

Back in the 1950's Walt Disney used to make nature films but was criticised for anthropomorphism.

You know, the sort of 'Here is a cuddly new born Brown Bear looking for his mother.'

The the unctuous David Attenborough brought in the 'concerned' sort of nature film and we were all hooked.

Wouldn't surprise me if the BBC present something like, 'Here is Sir David 'bleeding heart' Libtard with a program of the suffering of Lesbian Single Mother Whales in the South Pacific entirely caused by people eating ice cream in first world countries.

And we are all supposed to get concerned.

Me, I couldn't care less about Whales.

Another powerful trick is to embrace the labels they try to shame you with.

Yes, I am a racist. Yes, I am homo-/trans-/Islamo-phobic, though I would quibble "phobic" meaning irrational fear instead of rational dislike. Yes, I am a bigot. A Nazi! I'm as bad as Hitler! (I wish!) So what?

I once told an ex-girlfriend "Yes, I'm a bastard. Fuck off if you've a problem with that" when she tried to guilt-trip me about something. She fucked off. Her problem was no longer my problem :D