DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Someone has nicked my motorbike

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/man-who-chased-motorbike-thieves-jailed-for-10-years-after-killing-one-in-fatal-crash-12165611

Chap gave chase after thieves took his motorbike.

One of those taking the bike died as a consequence of the pursuit.

The owner has been sentenced to ten years manlaughter after murder charges were dropped.

There might be another layer to the story.

Edited by The Grey Man
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he had left it to the police then the thieves would have been clean away by the time that there was any response; which would probably mean that there would have been no response. The thieves

Some background: I've had my own bike stolen, and an ex had a very nice restored Italian classic bike taken. I've also returned home during the day to find scrotes in the back garden where my garage i

Detective Inspector Joanne Brooks, from Northumbria Police, said there was "no doubt" that Dinisoae had "lost control of his emotions" but said he should not have taken the law into his own hands.

Detective Inspector Joanne Brooks, from Northumbria Police, said there was "no doubt" that Dinisoae had "lost control of his emotions" but said he should not have taken the law into his own hands.

"He made no attempts to alert authorities of the theft...”

Haven’t you got ironing to do, petal?

My initial reaction was the thief suffered the ultimate punishment for his crime. 

Then the compassion and humanity I had been taught came into play and I thought is a motorcycle worth more than a human life? 

I tried to balance the rights and wrongs, considered the implications for society and my final thought before I dismissed the event as of no concern to me was if he hadn't stolen the motorcycle he wouldn't have suffered the consequence. Too harsh?

6 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

if he hadn't stolen the motorcycle he wouldn't have suffered the consequence. Too harsh?

He was a willing participant. 

He could have pulled over and given himself up at any point he chose. 

The other guy never asked to have his bike stolen.. 

Edited by Libspero
Just now, Libspero said:

He was a willing participant. 

He could have pulled over and given himself up at any point he chose. 

The other guy never asked to have his bike stolen.. 

He wouldn't have needed to have given himself up. Get off and run away, live to fight another day. If the police were chasing then there would be risk of prison. However, the chaser is after their bike first and you second.

Some background: I've had my own bike stolen, and an ex had a very nice restored Italian classic bike taken. I've also returned home during the day to find scrotes in the back garden where my garage is ("we're looking for our dog mister - honest").

The police response is pathetic, they either have nobody available to come and investigate (it's not a priority as it's only property) or some low-IQ uniform turns up and says the bike should have had more locks on it. BTW if it happens again don't go outside and challenge the scrotes in case you get hurt, or they accuse you of hurting them. Also "Have you thought about moving house - they know where you live and will keep coming back every time you go to work. They only need to find a way in once and you've lost your stuff". carte blanche for thieves - encouraged by the police!

Options are jail (rare - and doesn't stop future thefts), community service (no effect), fines (paid back at £10/week for a while - doesn't come close to justice) or something else. Or allow the lawlessness to increase. 

6 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

it was the lamppost that killed the thief, if they'd done their homework and planned the route then would have escaped 

So, does its tattoo go to the right or the left of my Grenfell fridge and  Manchester bee?

#notalllampposts

#prayforlampposts

17 minutes ago, Andersen said:

"Have you thought about moving house - they know where you live and will keep coming back every time you go to work. They only need to find a way in once and you've lost your stuff". carte blanche for thieves - encouraged by the police!

Local police aren’t interested in that sort of hard work.

Ours have a nice little routine..  hang around outside the primary school each day for a few hours (why?!),  speak to a few sympathetic/bored residents,  raise a bit of money with their speed trap..  check their email and wait for the shift to end.

WTF wants to go around chasing thieves ffs?

1 hour ago, Andersen said:

Options are jail (rare - and doesn't stop future thefts), community service (no effect), fines (paid back at £10/week for a while - doesn't come close to justice) or something else. Or allow the lawlessness to increase. 

The crux is individual officers locally know who the criminals are. They appear frequently before magistrates who are constrained in how they can deal with them.

I'd imagine the average cop feels the same way as us about career criminals getting fines and community service.

I dont know why politicians dont get tough on criminals. I'd willingly pay more tax so that criminals are locked up for life. You watch tv programmes about car thieves and see them driving like dicks. I'd honestly charge them for attempted murder.

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

On the one hand, valuing property over life leads to transportation for stealing bread for your kids.

On the other hand fuck this teabag scrote and it's a shame three of his mates weren't waiting at the lamppost

Yes, I had the same initial thought, but then I caught myself on. Nobody steals a motorbike to stop their children starving. The state provides such that the only reason kids go hungry these days is because of shitty parents. They do it because they are evil, greedy, nasty little oxygen thiefs 

And at that point I reached the same conclusions as you.

8 hours ago, whitevanman said:

"He made no attempts to alert authorities of the theft...”

Haven’t you got ironing to do, petal?

so a crime of passion, isn't that a valid defence in France? could be argued temporary insanity in UK?

I wouldn't have chased after the person because it's only property, I would have hoped they met a grisly end, perhaps lost control and crashed into a lampost.

Any feelings of injustice i now take out on the TPTB in various ways because, after all, it is their fault society is like it is and why I cannot rely on their police to investigate the crime committed against me and retrieve my stolen property.

I always find ways around anything 'done to me'. The only times I've ever got violent is when anybody injured any of my horses, such as driving a motorbike into them.

I don't help anybody any more, and I don't expect anybody to help me.

Edited by Hopeful

Actually I have never had a vehicle stolen (touch wood!) I don't thing I would chase the perps.

A plod man knocked on the door a few weeks back to tell me a neighbour had a break in and a motorcycle was stolen. Probably because my motorcycle is still there. Well I didn't do it!:o

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

I'd imagine the average cop feels the same way as us about career criminals getting fines and community service.

I dont know why politicians dont get tough on criminals. I'd willingly pay more tax so that criminals are locked up for life. You watch tv programmes about car thieves and see them driving like dicks. I'd honestly charge them for attempted murder.

because in the UK there is not loadsamoney to be made from them (unlike the USA, where lobbyists ran riot from the big prison companies in the 80's, resulting in things like the 3 strikes law)

3 minutes ago, wherebee said:

because in the UK there is not loadsamoney to be made from them (unlike the USA, where lobbyists ran riot from the big prison companies in the 80's, resulting in things like the 3 strikes law)

There are certainly problems with "private prisons" industry. It needs "customers"

10 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Actually I have never had a vehicle stolen (touch wood!) I don't thing I would chase the perps.

A plod man knocked on the door a few weeks back to tell me a neighbour had a break in and a motorcycle was stolen. Probably because my motorcycle is still there. Well I didn't do it!:o

Least you got a heads up. As far as they are concerned fair warning. Thieves active in the area, quite likely night after night, chances high that you could be next.