DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

US nuclear weapons agency breached amid massive cyber onslaught

"The Russians have had access to a considerable number of important and sensitive networks for six to nine months," Bossert said in column published in the New York Times, adding that Russian intelligence officials have likely gained "administrative control over the ( edit : US) networks it considered priority targets."

The attacks, which have targeted major branches of the U.S. government, have put an untold number of Americans, agencies and government secrets at risk of compromise.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/12/17/ongoing-cyberattack-poses-grave-risk-government-private-sector/3946658001/

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

I keep seeing press reports saying it's the russians.

But where's the proof.

I'd be much more likely to think it was the chinese, based on all their other fuckery around the world.

It's an assumption. Rather as difficult as finding the dog that layed a turd oustide my front gate.

Even the assumption that is was a dog is a bit of an assumption round here.:CryBaby:

2 minutes ago, wherebee said:

But where's the proof.

I'd be much more likely to think it was the chinese, based on all their other fuckery around the world.

If I think someone is going behind my back, I'd never let them know I'm aware until I am ready.

2 minutes ago, Gin said:

Have we all prepared , if the ATM`s stop working for a prolonged length of time. Of course they are not the least of it ..

Cash is king.

Take it seriously .

All  IT systems work until they do not .

I've worked out which one of my kids I like the least and could sell at the market.  Does that count?

6 minutes ago, wherebee said:

But where's the proof.

Code snippet:

/** Interrupt vector Table (IVT) **/
.globl_start
_start: b reset
ldr pc, _undefined_instruction
ldr pc, _software_interrupt
ldr pc, _prefetch_abort
ldr pc, _data_abort
ldr pc, _not_used
ldr pc, _irq
ldr pc, _fiq
/** Following is hack! For glory of Russian Empiration! **/
/** бесплатное предложение 50% of cigar "RUDY50" also is inxpencive wodka!!! http://big.hack.ru **/

Just got off a call with Simon Parkes. I can't tell you where we got this bombshell secret evidence but I think it pretty much says it all.

3 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Code snippet:

.globl_start
ldr pc, _prefetch_abort
ldr pc, _data_abort
ldr pc, _not_used
ldr pc, _irq
ldr pc, _fiq
/** бесплатное предложение 50% of cigar "RUDY50" also is inxpencive wodka!!! http://big.hack.ru **/

Just got off a call with Simon Parkes. I can't tell you where we got this bombshell secret evidence but I think it pretty much says it all.

It says "fucking amateur", and maybe a diversion. Wouldn't YOU stick with US ASCII?

8 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I've worked out which one of my kids I like the least and could sell at the market.  Does that count?

Trouble is though, the fewer kids you have, the more your rent is per head.

Edited by Funn3r
changed less kids to fewer kids : anti-pedant warfare
3 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Code snippet:

.globl_start
ldr pc, _prefetch_abort
ldr pc, _data_abort
ldr pc, _not_used
ldr pc, _irq
ldr pc, _fiq

Now you are talking to people beyond the grave.

In 2003, a police review concluded Mr Parkes was likely to have been murdered and in 2019 a search was sparked by "credible" new information from a member of the ship's crew.

The problem here is that they are giving networks that should have no connectivity to the internet a connection.

A good number of these organisations hit should have separate and secure air gapped networks, but the beancounters and MBAs will just not fucking have it.

None of this is a technical issue, it is a business culture and political one.

CISA for instance? Krebs was a lawyer and ex Microsoft. What the fuck is he doing heading that?

4 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

The problem here is that they are giving networks that should have no connectivity to the internet a connection.

A good number of these organisations hit should have separate and secure air gapped networks, but the beancounters and MBAs will just not fucking have it.

CISA for instance? Krebs was a lawyer and ex Microsoft. What the fuck is he doing heading that?

Yes.

I've seen this done well, and done badly.  The done badly is almost always due to someone saying to the bosses "we can save X by doing it this way"

24 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

A good number of these organisations hit should have separate and secure air gapped networks

Not disagreeing as such but just to make the point that air-gap does not equal completely secure. I know at least 2 methods of exfil across an air gap. OK they are clumsy slow and difficult but they work, and I am sure there are more efficient ways known only to the net gods.

25 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

All the stuff at work is connected to microsofts fucking cloud via office 365, I just rolled my eyes when they did it 'cos they use office products for 90% of stuff.

To me its like letting anyone at microsoft, associated with microsoft or compromised by microsoft have access to all your IP and information NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY about how secure their shit is.