DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Cars hitting houses

2 hours ago, tlc said:

Vaccine + 5G.

Zombie apocalypse incoming. 😁

Or the first icy day of the season.

I used to travel thru various southern area just after rush hour- scanning stuff.

Always funny seeing all the cars in ditches n whatnot after the first frost.

You dont see anywhere as near spinoffs as in the north east.

Too many people doing early starts in a rush.

44 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Or the first icy day of the season.

I used to travel thru various southern area just after rush hour- scanning stuff.

Always funny seeing all the cars in ditches n whatnot after the first frost.

You dont see anywhere as near spinoffs as in the north east.

Too many people doing early starts in a rush.

I'm amazed you can drive your Invacar Turbo with a pencil strapped to your head, ae @The XYY Man

We've got faster cars along with loads of safety features that make it possible to travel faster.

I think this results in us travelling faster more safely, but when it all falls apart we've got more kinetic energy than the fence/hedge/garden-wall can absorb and tan thus make it to the dining room.

The only thing that'll stop this sort of thing would be a Tullock Spike, but that might have a negative impact on driver casualties.

Maybe we could all just drive a little less, and be in less of a hurry when we do.

26 minutes ago, dgul said:

The only thing that'll stop this sort of thing would be a Tullock Spike, but that might have a negative impact on driver casualties.

The perception that it is an increasing problem is just a perception though perpetuated by slow news day stories like these.   The reality is:

_99064840_chart-road_casualties-qdu5m-nc

27 minutes ago, Libspero said:

The perception that it is an increasing problem is just a perception though perpetuated by slow news day stories like these.   The reality is:

The post wasn't about deaths, it was about cars ending up in houses.

I'm sure both houses and cars are now very safe and can collide into one another without serious injury.

Edited by dgul
2 hours ago, Libspero said:

I remember the peak in the 1963 winter. I was 7.

My friend came round to play, and we were watching the car crashes on the TV news.

My friend was a bit upset, because his Dad was one of that day's fatalities.

He wasn't much fun to play with that day, but he came to my house because his Mum had other things to attend to.

1 minute ago, Happy Renting said:

I remember the peak in the 1963 winter. I was 7.

My friend came round to play, and we were watching the car crashes on the TV news.

My friend was a bit upset, because his Dad was one of that day's fatalities.

He wasn't much fun to play with that day, but he came to my house because his Mum had other things to attend to.

Happy, did you write the screenplay for Gremlins by any chance ?  :)