Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Lockdown protests and combating covid propaganda - building decentralised networks with herds of sociable cats


Caravan Monster
 Share

Recommended Posts

Caravan Monster

Was thinking about how despite a substantial ground swell of anti lockdown opinion,  protests haven't gained much traction thus far. Also the weaknesses of the closed top down structure of government that authoritarians and corporate globalists seem keen on. The idea is basically re-tailoring the successes of the early anonymous, anti globalisation protests and also the CIA approved protest and counter government information organisations of the colour revolutions for the 'don't want to upset anyone' softer and more insular wider population of Anglo-sphere and Western European countries and societies.  

 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Was thinking about how despite a substantial ground swell of anti lockdown opinion,  protests haven't gained much traction thus far. Also the weaknesses of the closed top down structure of government that authoritarians and corporate globalists seem keen on. The idea is basically re-tailoring the successes of the early anonymous, anti globalisation protests and also the CIA approved protest and counter government information organisations of the colour revolutions for the 'don't want to upset anyone' softer and more insular wider population of Anglo-sphere and Western European countries and societies.  

 

I think the problem is CM its not publicized enough...even this site doesn't have a Stealth page....

....I now think the `tide is about to turn`, if advertised properly (I.e. social media, websites, a gofund page to allow a newspaper ad?), a one-off BIG day, and advanced notice it might be a success.

A secondary issue would be to avoid it being hijacked by extreme elements (or media misrepresentation or police plants).

Finally on the back of this would be the opportunity of developing a third credible voting option (sorry LibDems you squander your chance), maybe an amalgam of Farage, Fox, Brand that would a) appeal to a wide section of society, and b) be multi-issue.

The problem with the latter is that `power corrupts` and egos usually get in the way!

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caravan Monster
55 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

I think the problem is CM its not publicized enough...even this site doesn't have a Stealth page....

....I now think the `tide is about to turn`, if advertised properly (I.e. social media, websites, a gofund page to allow a newspaper ad?), a one-off BIG day, and advanced notice it might be a success.

A secondary issue would be to avoid it being hijacked by extreme elements (or media misrepresentation or police plants).

Finally on the back of this would be the opportunity of developing a third credible voting option (sorry LibDems you squander your chance), maybe an amalgam of Farage, Fox, Brand that would a) appeal to a wide section of society, and b) be multi-issue.

The problem with the latter is that `power corrupts` and egos usually get in the way!

I'm thinking more out of the system and very decentralised. Big protests are limited in their scope to influence because their success is measured almost entirely by the resultant violence levels and press coverage and then they are tomorrows chip wrapper, same with national politics. Activism on an individual level and forming small overlapping networks outside centralised control. Friendships and communities form. It's what the MAGA movement in the US is. Trump may be a nominal figurehead, but they would drop him in a second (as they nearly did when he started dropping bombs on the Middle East under Bolton's supervision) if he betrayed the America First ethos. If / when Biden gets into the Whitehouse, the Federal Government and establishment politicians that represent global and multinational interests, not local people, will be crippled by local and regional resistance following the stolen election.

The CIA use of social media and infiltrating local networks worked 10+ years ago in the colour revolutions, but the world has moved on and I think they would get called out today. 

Coming back to covid, decentralisation works for information too. Don't tell people what to think, plant seeds of ideas and let them work it out themselves. An added bonus of this is that as people look more widely and start learning to discern the wheat from the chaff amongst alt and trad media, the weaker the centralised narrative formers become. I think the world is inevitably headed in this direction, but the quicker it does, the less damage can be inflicted by the death throes of the old order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Caravan Monster

This is along the lines of what I was doing a bad job of articulating, seems like people in the US are trying to get something started. Kind of cross references to @Jazztraveller dosbods Telegram thread as well.

the dissident, not corporate globalist one:

https://thegreaterreset.org/

Corbett Report on Freedom Cells and The Greater Reset:

https://lbry.tv/@corbettreport:0/solutionswatch-bush:8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

This is along the lines of what I was doing a bad job of articulating, seems like people in the US are trying to get something started. Kind of cross references to @Jazztraveller dosbods Telegram thread as well.

the dissident, not corporate globalist one:

https://thegreaterreset.org/

Corbett Report on Freedom Cells and The Greater Reset:

https://lbry.tv/@corbettreport:0/solutionswatch-bush:8

They look fucking hilarious. Read some of the bios of the contributors, seem fun and well meaning but mental.

They have my vote.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/12/2020 at 09:02, MrXxxx said:

I think the problem is CM its not publicized enough...even this site doesn't have a Stealth page....

....I now think the `tide is about to turn`, if advertised properly (I.e. social media, websites, a gofund page to allow a newspaper ad?), a one-off BIG day, and advanced notice it might be a success.

A secondary issue would be to avoid it being hijacked by extreme elements (or media misrepresentation or police plants).

Finally on the back of this would be the opportunity of developing a third credible voting option (sorry LibDems you squander your chance), maybe an amalgam of Farage, Fox, Brand that would a) appeal to a wide section of society, and b) be multi-issue.

The problem with the latter is that `power corrupts` and egos usually get in the way!

I think at the moment the resistance is background.

People are hedging their bets in case this is just a temporary measure until the vaccine is helping or things start burning themselves out otherwise.

If we go into more lockdowns after spring or when the economic situation gets worse I think that's when it will kick off.

At the moment people still have some faith left in what they are being told.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

I think at the moment the resistance is background.

People are hedging their bets in case this is just a temporary measure until the vaccine is helping or things start burning themselves out otherwise.

If we go into more lockdowns after spring or when the economic situation gets worse I think that's when it will kick off.

At the moment people still have some faith left in what they are being told.

Interesting in Israel, they are saying that people who have had the vaccine will be able to do "stuff" - but still masked and distanced. Where that leaves everybody else....?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
2 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

I think at the moment the resistance is background.

People are hedging their bets in case this is just a temporary measure until the vaccine is helping or things start burning themselves out otherwise.

If we go into more lockdowns after spring or when the economic situation gets worse I think that's when it will kick off.

At the moment people still have some faith left in what they are being told.

 

Less faith in what they are being told than a combination of:

  • A highly seasonal virus - starts naturally crashing in May
  • Widespread vaccination and repeat vaccination - herd immunity
  • A lot of people, maybe the majority, have already caught it - herd immunity

Taking all of that together it will be non-existent in the summer and with herd immunity meaning that there is no threat of the NHS intensive care beds being overwhelmed, there will be no need for lockdowns in the winter.

Yes the virus will mutate, as viruses do, and the existing vaccines will be tweaked to match that strain as happens for flu viruses. 

With the confidence of no more lockdowns there will be a tidal wave of money from those financially unaffected by lockdown, pensioners and public sector workers for two, towards holidays, cruises, hotels, travel, eating out, going down the pub. 

Coronavirus will be declared officially dead on May Day and there will be a big party.  I would however like every adult to be sent a non-means tested £2k cheque, as has happened in the States, as a thank you for all that the government has put us through.

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caravan Monster

Back To Normal https://my-sgf.co.uk/ UK decentralized anti lockdown group. They have a website from the nineties but are concentrating their efforts on offline work amongst local groups. I'm going to order some, I think a sensible amount of flyering in public places would also be productive.

I think they've possibly underestimated how confrontational it could get for volunteers with increased territoriality around the homes of the more hysterical. When we did a targeted business card drop a few years back, it wasn't unusual for the neighbourhood watch in mainly boomer inhabited small villages and hamlets to get in your face  with questioning and cameras, and that was advertising a service they actually wanted xD The other danger will be screechy karens or little bigmen asserting their manliness and kicking off in response to the facebook / bbc narrative being challenged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...