DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

News from the frontline, are people obeying the new totalitarian government. Post experiences here

One percent

As the government has now gone full-on totalitarian bonkers, I thought it would be good to have a thread to post examples of where this has been not adhered to. For example, what are the roads like in tier 4?  The rail stations? What about the roads coming out? 

Last month I was chatting to a nice respectable family who are going to ignore the rules and go ahead with their traditional Christmas get-together. I'll check later this week to see what their current thinking is :ph34r: 

Last year, the thought of that family planning en-masse to break the law (and openly announcing the fact) would have been unthinkable :o

• Agree 4

Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, One percent said:

As the government has now gone full-on totalitarian bonkers, I thought it would be good to have a thread to post examples of where this has been not adhered to. For example, what are the roads like in tier 4?  The rail stations? What about the roads coming out? 

Do you work for the Police?

• Lol 2

Loads of tourists pouring into Cornwall. Saw a flashy Lotus drive through town, the driver looking very sheepish and the locals close to hurling bricks. Went for a pint at lunchtime and the pub was deserted. I think the Londoners are hiding away.  Roads are pretty busy.  I've heard that holiday homes are cancelling bookings. Pubs and restaurants are being very strict about rules for outsiders.   Also understand that pubs are closing 7pm on New Years eve.

• Informative 1

3 hours ago, Kilham said:

They came so close to realising who the true enemy was.

They found out on Christmas Day 1915.

Officers on both sides, with pistols drawn, ordered their men to go over the top and fight.

• Agree 2

Yadda yadda yadda

This is getting lots of upvotes on farcebook. Many from idiots i have “friended “ on there 9_9

image.thumb.png.f15e61a8329724a6b0d140a3cc092fe6.png

They fought for our freedom, I think.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 4

8 minutes ago, jm51 said:

They found out on Christmas Day 1915.

Officers on both sides, with pistols drawn, ordered their men to go over the top and fight.

Lions led by donkeys 

This is getting lots of upvotes on farcebook. Many from idiots i have “friended “ on there 9_9

must have cleaned up the mud just for the day and it was so warm they took their coats off

• Lol 1

Chewing Grass

Unless they use the Army checkpoints on every Motorway and Major Road Junction and let them use force if required they can't enforce anything other than electronically.

They are using management by threat as usual, if this is a big empty one around London it will be their last.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Unless they use the Army checkpoints on every Motorway and Major Road Junction and let them use force if required they can't enforce anything other than electronically.

They are using management by threat as usual, if this is a big empty one around London it will be their last.

Army to follow shortly.....good point

Chewing Grass
5 hours ago, One percent said:

Didn't know they used pith helmets in dry trenches and summer uniforms during winter in WW1.

• Lol 4

Yadda yadda yadda
10 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

People streaming out of London today.....:D    

And what's plod done about it....or the transport Police?

I sense the tide is turning.

Most they'll ever do is a few random arrests or symbolic turnings around.

15 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

They aren't even checking the ferry. It was rammed last night.

I assume they don't have the power.

17 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Didn't know they used pith helmets in dry trenches and summer uniforms during winter in WW1.

The Brodie didn't come along until 1916 or so -- so pith helmets wouldn't be out of the question for 1914.

It also doesn't look like Boer war, so WWI is very likely.

But it certainly doesn't look like December.

24 minutes ago, dgul said:

What's their point?

Frankly I find it really stretching to see any sort of equivalence.  I actually find it offensive.

In WWI the young went off and risked their lives to protect everyone.  They had a risk of death of around 10%.

If there is any equivalence it is that in these times the old and vulnerable should sacrifice their freedoms to allow everyone else to live their lives (and perhaps make enough GDP to keep the country running), just like the young did for the country in WWI.  Yet it is the pensioners and other vulnerable that are actually exhibiting risky behaviours that's resulting in hospitalisations increasing along with deaths.  If they didn't do this we'd have the 'cases' but without the deaths and perhaps normality could resume.

The really really offensive part is that if the vulnerable groups isolated themselves properly then they'd actually have a lower risk of dying -- so if they did what was right they'd actually be better off (albeit a bit lonely).  Those brave/frightened chaps in WWI sacrificed their freedoms and had a significantly increased risk of death. 

I'll say it again -- i find it deeply offensive.

Agree but that’s the stupidity of farcebook