DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Films to probably not watch

sarahbell

I want to watch 28 days later but it's not on Netflix. we have it on dvd somewhgere and I assume the PSsomething connected up to the telly can play DVDs...

But just seen this on netflix image.png.0733a425d6110a8d2c8778494e37d580.png

The XYY Man
25 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Oddly enough, some years ago, I didn't get "The Train to Busan". I got a taxi out of Busan. that's in korea, just for @The XYY Man

I tried to watch that but it was all in Foreign.

Cockney zombies are still the best walking brown bread....

XYY

• Agree 1
Hail the Tripod

I have recently been wanting to re-watch “A life less ordinary”. Considering it’s a Danny Boyle film with a fairly star studded cast, I was surprised to discover that my Virgin media box thought it was too obscure to be able to bookmark it. So I will order the DVD.

2 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I have recently been wanting to re-watch “A life less ordinary”. Considering it’s a Danny Boyle film with a fairly star studded cast, I was surprised to discover that my Virgin media box thought it was too obscure to be able to bookmark it. So I will order the DVD.

Ah, there's the problem with these "streaming services".

4 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

A great song by Ash too...

The Generation Game
43 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I want to watch 28 days later but it's not on Netflix. we have it on dvd somewhgere and I assume the PSsomething connected up to the telly can play DVDs...

But just seen this on netflix image.png.0733a425d6110a8d2c8778494e37d580.png

Starring Academy award-nominated for best supporting actress Elliot Ellen Page. Pass. 

• Lol 1
stokiescum
10 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Got every film meantioned so far on dvd yes I’m sad

• Agree 1
The Generation Game
5 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

You're just missing karaoke. Get yourself a karaoke machine instead. 

stokiescum
11 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

I need to watch ozz zombie or something it’s a bin Larden inspired zombie film bought it 2 years ago just never watched it

The XYY Man
1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

I need to watch ozz zombie or something it’s a bin Larden inspired zombie film bought it 2 years ago just never watched it

That sounds right up my street, as I love zombie films.

Lerrus know when you remember the proper title mate...

XYY

Roger_Mellie
13 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I'd be surprised if you couldn't get it through Amazon Prime. 

The Generation Game

One I've just seen that is available on prime that I wouldn't recommend watching (because it's probably the shittest film I've ever seen) is "Freddy got fingered". If @stokiescum has that one on DVD, we should just end humanity now. 

Edited by The Generation Game
  • Lol 1
The XYY Man
1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Here's one of my favourites. I expect @The XYY Manwon't like it as it is a bit foreign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kin-dza-dza!

That sounds like something I'd like, and there is a dubbed version available which I find the lesser of two evils compared to subtitles.

I might track a copy down...

XYY

Just now, The Generation Game said:

One I've just seen thatis available on prime that I wouldn't recommend watching (because it's probably the shortest film I've ever seen) is "Freddy got fingered". If @stokiescum has that one on DVD, we should just end humanity now. 

I have a copy of "Freddie got Fingered" on DVD. Do you want to borrow it?

• Lol 1
1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

That sounds like something I'd like, and there is a dubbed version available which I find the lesser of two evils compared to subtitles.

I might track a copy down...

XYY

Get the one with subtitles. I had the original Russian version, and then I found a translated one.

Hail the Tripod
1 minute ago, The Generation Game said:

One I've just seen thatis available on prime that I wouldn't recommend watching (because it's probably the shortest film I've ever seen) is "Freddy got fingered". If @stokiescum has that one on DVD, we should just end humanity now. 

That’s an awful film with three or four scenes that are incredibly funny but make you feel dirty for laughing afterwards.

• Cheers 1
stokiescum
13 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

That sounds right up my street, as I love zombie films.

Lerrus know when you remember the proper title mate...

XYY

F4DED945-E200-4A38-9D5F-9D016E63EE53.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1
The XYY Man
Just now, MrPin said:

Get the one with subtitles. I had the original Russian version, and then I found a translated one.

I find subtitles a right pain. A film has to be pretty good to keep me interested.

Dubbed versions have their own problems, but The Flashing Blade and other foreign stuff got me used to them as a child.

Back then, if a film or TV show was dubbed by De Lane Lee studios in London, it was normally quite watchable as they made a half decent job of it...

XYY

• Agree 1
stokiescum
1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

I find subtitles a right pain. A film has to be pretty good to keep me interested.

Dubbed versions have their own problems, but The Flashing Blade and other foreign stuff got me used to them as a child.

Back then, if a film or TV show was dubbed by De Lane Lee studios in London, it was normally quite watchable as they made a half decent job of it...

XYY

Cargo is a low budget zombie film but it’s good but slow paced little action .it’s on Netflix or prime last train to busan is Korean worth a watch and the cult classic dead snow is good if your on the beer

The Generation Game
7 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

• Agree 1
The XYY Man
7 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Cargo is a low budget zombie film but it’s good but slow paced little action .it’s on Netflix or prime last train to busan is Korean worth a watch and the cult classic dead snow is good if your on the beer

I have seen Dead Snow and enjoyed it.

XYY