Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Lost vaccines


sarahbell
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9070527/Hundreds-Pfizer-vaccine-doses-Hampshire-GP-surgery-feared-RUINED-fridge-failed.html

Harborough Field Surgery in Rushden, Northamptonshire, was storing 975 precious doses of the Pfizer jab, which must be kept at minus 70 degrees.

 

It comes after former Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt warned the available doses of the Pfizer vaccine will run out in January and another shipment is not due until March, meaning the vaccination programme could grind to a halt.

However, Pfizer said that new shipments of the vaccine are scheduled to arrive before March. 

A spokesman said:  'The deliveries are on track and progressing according to our agreed schedule.

'We can confirm, in accordance with the schedule, that there will be continued deliveries into the UK in early 2021, with shipments scheduled to arrive before March.'  

 

Edited by sarahbell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9070527/Hundreds-Pfizer-vaccine-doses-Hampshire-GP-surgery-feared-RUINED-fridge-failed.html

Harborough Field Surgery in Rushden, Northamptonshire, was storing 975 precious doses of the Pfizer jab, which must be kept at minus 70 degrees.

 

It comes after former Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt warned the available doses of the Pfizer vaccine will run out in January and another shipment is not due until March, meaning the vaccination programme could grind to a halt.

However, Pfizer said that new shipments of the vaccine are scheduled to arrive before March. 

A spokesman said:  'The deliveries are on track and progressing according to our agreed schedule.

'We can confirm, in accordance with the schedule, that there will be continued deliveries into the UK in early 2021, with shipments scheduled to arrive before March.'  

 

So we only have to dodge it until January and then a month or two reprieve for getting our excuses lined up 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the rate they are and will be able to get the vulnerable vaccinated (How long is it likely to take to knock up a few billion doses for the most dominant countries?) the virus will have mutated into something as harmless as rod hull's emu.

Expect plenty more excuses why the roll-out is taking too long and costing too much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

stop_the_craziness
9 minutes ago, BoSon said:

At the rate they are and will be able to get the vulnerable vaccinated (How long is it likely to take to knock up a few billion doses for the most dominant countries?) the virus will have mutated into something as harmless as rod hull's emu.

Expect plenty more excuses why the roll-out is taking too long and costing too much.

The only thing giving me hope is that the vaccination roll out will be the same utter shambles as everything else so far and eventually they will have to just give up on it.  

  • Agree 3
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You couldn't make this shite up.

Surely they had temperature monitoring systems in place, and alarms would have gone off.  Surely they had a back-up system.

If not....total incompetence and heads should roll

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have used biological freezers. They have an independent temperature monitor that will set off an overtemperature alarm, plus a relay output to trigger whatever external alarm is required on or off site.

 

Edit to add: They're multi-compressor beasts which have a harder life than your usual freezer. Multiple stages cool each other to reach the final low operating temperature. They're usually built like Volvos. :P

Edited by Kilham
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wahoo said:

You couldn't make this shite up.

Surely they had temperature monitoring systems in place, and alarms would have gone off.  Surely they had a back-up system.

If not....total incompetence and heads should roll

Even my bloody fridge shouts at me if the door is open for more than 30 seconds.

Bloody annoying when putting the shopping away though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Even my bloody fridge shouts at me if the door is open for more than 30 seconds.

Bloody annoying when putting the shopping away though.

I would like that. Especially as its my son who seems to think having the door open for ages is ok.

I know what's in there and where is it. I decide what I want with the door shut.

Edited by sarahbell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s time we banned all fridges. They’re proving to be a liability. I know it goes against the #notallfridges brigade but if they’re not setting tower blocks on fire they’re ruining vaccines.

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

stop_the_craziness
10 hours ago, apples said:

Oh no!

The "precious "life-saving" "medicine"!

(all weasel words used by the Mail)

The first thing I noticed was the entirely unnecessary use of the word "precious"

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/nearly-1000-covid-19-vaccine-19511985

Nearly 1,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses meant for town's most clinically vulnerable had to be thrown away

A batch of the Pfizer-BioNTech delivered to Waters Green Medical Centre in Macclesfield was found to be unusable 

 

 

It is overseen by NHS Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group, which has apologised for the 'temporary issue' and says it is being resolved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NHS scraps order to 'waste one in six' vaccine doses

Clinicians were told during a webinar that they could use six, not five, doses in each vaccine vial after US regulators updated guidance

17 December 2020 • 9:00pm
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/gps-told-can-use-extra-covid-vaccine-dose-vials-discretion-prevent/

 

interesting stat from this article:
GPs have been told to try to keep wastage of the vaccine for other reasons - such as missed appointments or error - down to five per cent, a huge challenge considering that they have just 3.5 days to deliver each batch of 975 vaccines.    

 

 

Edited by sarahbell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

It is great what you find in local papers.  On the same page as that story was a video about a person being arrested for carrying a firearm.  That turned out to be plastic.  Well, a toy plastic 'blaster' rifle.  While dressed as a Star Wars stormtrooper. Outside a Star Wars themed restaurant.  On May 4th  ('Star Wars day').  Excellent!

Well, at least Canada's responsive police force will ensure that the country is safe from the Empire when they invade.  Safe from actual real people being a threat is less clear, though.

  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/12/2020 at 13:29, Caravan Monster said:

It's ok, being a government contract Pfizer will get paid regardless.

How is it Pfizer's fault if a GP's fridge fails? Should Tesco give you free food if the fridge in your kitchen dies and all your food goes off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caravan Monster
1 hour ago, Darude said:

How is it Pfizer's fault if a GP's fridge fails? Should Tesco give you free food if the fridge in your kitchen dies and all your food goes off?

Viewed as a simple transaction I agree. My point is that the beneficiaries of the Pfizer vaccine are Pfizer, their investors and the government which gets to look like it's doing something to benefit the population which it has spent the best part of a year terrifying with dubious to cynical covid information campaigns and misguided or malicious lockdown policies. Both Hancock and Fauci have admitted that the Pfizer vaccine will only really decrease symptoms and social distancing and masks will 'have to' remain, regardless of what people are being led to believe, it doesn't do much for those being pushed into receiving it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Viewed as a simple transaction I agree. My point is that the beneficiaries of the Pfizer vaccine are Pfizer, their investors and the government which gets to look like it's doing something to benefit the population which it has spent the best part of a year terrifying with dubious to cynical covid information campaigns and misguided or malicious lockdown policies. Both Hancock and Fauci have admitted that the Pfizer vaccine will only really decrease symptoms and social distancing and masks will 'have to' remain, regardless of what people are being led to believe, it doesn't do much for those being pushed into receiving it.

I'd really like them to say now (before vaccines) what their 'success criteria' would be, say 'covid deaths under 1,000 per year in the UK would be completely normal' (and loads of those to define what we're pushing towards.

The problem we've got at the moment is that the majority don't seem to actually understand the problem, and aren't being given the information as to where we're going.

[eg, it might be that they'd say 'we're never going below 10,000 a year, we're having masks forever, and a vaccine 'complication rate' of 0.5% in youngsters is assumed' -- in which case perhaps people would start saying 'let's just ignore covid, because the solution is worse than the disease]

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caravan Monster
8 hours ago, dgul said:

I'd really like them to say now (before vaccines) what their 'success criteria' would be, say 'covid deaths under 1,000 per year in the UK would be completely normal' (and loads of those to define what we're pushing towards.

The problem we've got at the moment is that the majority don't seem to actually understand the problem, and aren't being given the information as to where we're going.

[eg, it might be that they'd say 'we're never going below 10,000 a year, we're having masks forever, and a vaccine 'complication rate' of 0.5% in youngsters is assumed' -- in which case perhaps people would start saying 'let's just ignore covid, because the solution is worse than the disease]

The only way I can see through it is by talking to people on an individual basis and try to get them to think about it and find information for themselves and spread the word about the disinformation. The presentation of the Pfizer vaccine trial demonstrating 95% effectiveness is a good example of the problem. If people had the full picture of the trial numbers the 95% came from eg 8/22000 (vaccine) v's 160/22000 (placebo), they would take a different view of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

The only way I can see through it is by talking to people on an individual basis and try to get them to think about it and find information for themselves and spread the word about the disinformation. The presentation of the Pfizer vaccine trial demonstrating 95% effectiveness is a good example of the problem. If people had the full picture of the trial numbers the 95% came from eg 8/22000 (vaccine) v's 160/22000 (placebo), they would take a different view of it.

Unfortunately I don't think they would as they wouldn't understand the significance...unfortunately we have a population that is becoming more scientifically and mathematically illiterate, and whilst that suits the political class (which it does) why would they want to change?...look at the front bench of ALL current political parties in the UK and what do you see?...people that have little `Real world` experience, and whilst they can still control/maintain the political system they will ensure their future replacements to be likewise....for things to change the system needs to be changed, and this will not be allowed to happen through the ballot box.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caravan Monster
8 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

Unfortunately I don't think they would as they wouldn't understand the significance...unfortunately we have a population that is becoming more scientifically and mathematically illiterate, and whilst that suits the political class (which it does) why would they want to change?...look at the front bench of ALL current political parties in the UK and what do you see?...people that have little `Real world` experience, and whilst they can still control/maintain the political system they will ensure their future replacements to be likewise....for things to change the system needs to be changed, and this will not be allowed to happen through the ballot box.

People can get their heads around basic maths and science concepts if presented well, the problem is more whether or not they want to. There's covid / lockdown scepticism in surprising demographics. Mums in their thirties and forties is one I keep noticing. I think they're annoyed about the kids getting messed around at school and instinctively know something doesn't add up and end up going down the rabbit hole online. Surprised me because that's one group that's generally quite agreeable and tends to go with the groupthink.

When trying to get people to understand something, you  need that hook, a seed of understanding, that gets them up and running.

Edited by Caravan Monster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Caravan Monster said:

People can get their heads around basic maths and science concepts if presented well, the problem is more whether or not they want to. There's covid / lockdown scepticism in surprising demographics. Mums in their thirties and forties is one I keep noticing. I think they're annoyed about the kids getting messed around at school and instinctively know something doesn't add up and end up going down the rabbit hole online. Surprised me because that's one group that's generally quite agreeable and tends to go with the groupthink.

When trying to get people to understand something, you  need that hook, a seed of understanding, that gets them up and running.

But as a result of busy lives/many distractions for their time, they want a quick fix/easy answer. Politicians play on this are are prepared to deliver the simple answer the public want to hear, even when its not deliverable or the correct solution. When then it fails to resolve the issue the politicians they use the distraction of other issues in the media until the general public have forgotten (or given up on) what the original question/issue was.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...