DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Toughty

But squirrel doesn't eat... There not carnivorous I assume, love hazelnuts though.

I read earlier the rat got mauled then dropped X feet and sadly died by the fall.

Wait until the super rats arrive.

I don't know if true but have read in questionable non fiction books they can go crazy in massive roving bands in India.  People not always safe let alone babies or squirrels.

1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

Always though Brown ones were gentle herbivores....unlike those bastard grey ones.  Obviously wrong.

FYI, they are officially called red! (Even if some of them are more brownish.)

Had bold dark brown ones in Malaysia. The black vicious ones are Russian.

Why are there no white squirrels anywhere?

9 hours ago, spygirl said:

Great title but trust the Mail to get everything wrong. 

Pretty sure that’s a mouse not a rat, though ready to be corrected on that part if anyone knows better -  but squirrels, red and grey, definitely raid birds nests, they’re omnivorous and I’ve seen them do it, so killing a mouse is no great surprise. 

39 minutes ago, spunko said:

Yes, @swiss_democracy_for_all rats are the same size as squirrels pretty much. That's a common house mouse.

Kill the little bastard please squirrel, kill it, they're a nightmare and keep me awake all night.

face looks a bit ratty and mice have longer tails in proportion to the body, so possible young rat

5 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

face looks a bit ratty and mice have longer tails in proportion to the body, so possible young rat

Rats have fat tails that aren't uniform in colour they're light underneath, even in the juveniles. Suppose it's a sign of the times that we live in that nobody seems to know what rodent is what, even though statistically you are always within 8 feet of at least one rodent or whatever the statistic is. :CryBaby:

22 minutes ago, spunko said:

Rats have fat tails that aren't uniform in colour they're light underneath, even in the juveniles. Suppose it's a sign of the times that we live in that nobody seems to know what rodent is what, even though statistically you are always within 8 feet of at least one rodent or whatever the statistic is. :CryBaby:

this pic shows rat like features

The rat came face to face with a red squirrel on the branch who refused to yield its position on top of the branch 

3 hours ago, spunko said:

Yes, @swiss_democracy_for_all rats are the same size as squirrels pretty much. That's a common house mouse.

Kill the little bastard please squirrel, kill it, they're a nightmare and keep me awake all night.

Ah yes, your problem.  Recently visited on me.  Fortunately, a spare CCTV system soon got me the necessary intel.  Traps laid and problem solved.  Big b*ggers mind you, not the usual stuff.  And very smart, lifting up plastic rainwater drain covers and all.   No more rattling about atm.   And that other pest problem - those Red Tops were awesome this year for the house flies.  I'm netting the attic atm for extra protection.

1 minute ago, Harley said:

Ah yes, your problem.  Recently visited on me.  Fortunately, a spare CCTV system soon got me the necessary intel.  Traps laid and problem solved.  Big b*ggers mind you, not the usual stuff.  And very smart, lifting up plastic rainwater drain covers and all.   No more rattling about atm.   And that other pest problem - those Red Tops were awesome this year for the house flies.  I'm netting the attic atm for extra protection.

I've bought some of those noise repellent things. I always assumed they were a waste of money until I saw the Amazon reviews on a particular brand. So far, so good, they are working.

I managed to block up all the entry points too until they started getting under the roof felt. If these Amazon gizmos don't work I will probably just move house.