Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Don't miss the conjunction!


Recommended Posts

Once in a lifetime, unless you are very young... or an alien.

Exeter Uni is hosting a live nightly look at the Jupiter Saturn conjunction for those of us who have cloudy skies and no telescope.

British scientists eh? You will see what I mean. Good stuff!

 

http://jupitersaturn2020.org/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Once in a lifetime, unless you are very young... or an alien.

Exeter Uni is hosting a live nightly look at the Jupiter Saturn conjunction for those of us who have cloudy skies and no telescope.

British scientists eh? You will see what I mean. Good stuff!

 

http://jupitersaturn2020.org/

 

Just checked through binoculars  and they are pretty close together. Sadly they are quite low in the South Western sky so the afterglow from the sunset interferes with the viewing and you only have about an hour to see them before they set as well. Although the press has just latched onto this event you probably got a better view of the approaching a conjunction a few months ago in the southern sky when the planets were a bit brighter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Just checked through binoculars  and they are pretty close together. Sadly they are quite low in the South Western sky so the afterglow from the sunset interferes with the viewing and you only have about an hour to see them before they set as well. Although the press has just latched onto this event you probably got a better view of the approaching a conjunction a few months ago in the southern sky when the planets were a bit brighter.

 

The Exeter uni live feed was just brill showing the inmer moons of Jupiter in a line and the rings of Saturn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

The Exeter uni live feed was just brill showing the inmer moons of Jupiter in a line and the rings of Saturn.

How do you know it wasn't just some cgi? Easier to simulate than depend on a clear sky in rain soaked UK. xD

Or was it via Hubble for some proper telescope imagery. B|

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/18955742.christmas-star-will-appear-first-time-800-years/

 

What is the Christmas Star?

In the bible, the Christmas Star was what the wise men used as a guide to help them find the birthplace of Jesus Christ.

What the actual bright light was has been debated for many years with one possible explanation being a rare conjunction of multiple planets.

In more recent times the Christmas Star, or Star of Bethlehem, is often the final decorative piece placed on the tops of Christmas trees.

The Great Conjunction has also taken the nickname of Christmas Star and Star of Bethlehem due to the time of the year this alignment occurs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/12/2020 at 17:49, 201p said:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/18955742.christmas-star-will-appear-first-time-800-years/

 

What is the Christmas Star?

In the bible, the Christmas Star was what the wise men used as a guide to help them find the birthplace of Jesus Christ.

What the actual bright light was has been debated for many years with one possible explanation being a rare conjunction of multiple planets.

In more recent times the Christmas Star, or Star of Bethlehem, is often the final decorative piece placed on the tops of Christmas trees.

The Great Conjunction has also taken the nickname of Christmas Star and Star of Bethlehem due to the time of the year this alignment occurs.

Aww yeah aligns on Dec’21st 2020.  Oh No more please 😂. planets aligning in biblical way while in a pandemic.  Come on scientists now come out with alien contact or confirm a projected holographic universe. Or Jesus joins Twitter 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Aww yeah aligns on Dec’21st 2020.  Oh No more please 😂. planets aligning in biblical way while in a pandemic.  Come on scientists now come out with alien contact or confirm a projected holographic universe. Or Jesus joins Twitter 

The 'aligning in a biblical way' would sign the end of the pandemic, perhaps?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

Aww yeah aligns on Dec’21st 2020.  Oh No more please 😂. planets aligning in biblical way while in a pandemic.  Come on scientists now come out with alien contact or confirm a projected holographic universe. Or Jesus joins Twitter 

I think the current shit state of affairs in the world started in 1997.  Especially since the early nineties seemed like a new age of enlightenment and human advancement. I ve always put the turnaround down to that Hale Bopp  comet in 1997. 

Either that or the 40 mins of incantations during the sacrificing of Diana at that ancient alter in Paris the same year. 

 

 

😜

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...