DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Amazing illuminating jackets

Bit clickbaity but would be nice to think about something else other than the end of the world as we know it for a second.

And I'd really like to know what it was I saw.

Other night on a track running, pitch black other then small LEDs that don't illuminate anything just mark path, I saw ahead of me a rectangle sort of shape light in the distance.

As I approached closer it seemed to be a jacket...I still couldn't make out any body it was that bright.  It was only when I was feet away from I could see darkly - but thankfully- hands, legs, and I think a small dog on a leash.

I was getting worried approaching, thinking have I died or something, all I could see was the torso and arms walking along... Headless and feetess.

Have asked briefly around and searched a bit on the internet but can't tell what it was.. This thing you couldn't make out any individual LED's, it looked just like say a cloudy while lamp covering, but in jacket form.  Seemed very bright.

Not sure if it's something that you need to soak up UV under special light during the day and somehow it emits at night, very brightly (I guess since it was pitch black it would seem to be extra bright).

Looking I can only find some poor efforts on wish for a tenner for a disco jacket or walking Christmas tree style, and some fancy Klan/ binbag looking effort on Ali express. The cyber punk one is admittedly quite intriguing especially those snazzy RoboCop glasses.

Any ideas what the thing is saw was?  Just curious not wanting to buy, maybe one for @MrPin though

sketch-1608596384467.png

sketch-1608596157170.png

sketch-1608596426561.png

I think that maybe the video above has convinced me it may not have been led witchery detective @The Masked Tulip 

I guess even the smallest amount of light would reflect... Amazing, it seemed to actually be illuminating itself but I think that must be more testament to the advanced tech of the material.

Pretty impressive, it certainly isn't your standard hi viz

6 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

I think that maybe the video above has convinced me it may not have been led witchery detective @The Masked Tulip 

I guess even the smallest amount of light would reflect... Amazing, it seemed to actually be illuminating itself but I think that must be more testament to the advanced tech of the material.

Pretty impressive, it certainly isn't your standard hi viz

I have seen a few of those jackets out in low light places and they do light up. They seem able to pick up the slightest light from the Moon, stars or distant street lamps. 

Amazing stuff. I almost bought one in a sale but I read some reviews that criticised the waterproof aspects. I am picky about that in my cycling jackets.