DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

15 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

I need to get in on this non executive club

I had a professional non-exec on one board. He'd packed in proper work and instead did half a dozen non-exec jobs for about £6k each.

He turned up, asked his two questions every time, and went home.

He contributed absolutely zero but by virtue of being on several boards he kept getting on others.

I'm tempted to follow his example! There are actually a couple of non-exec roles, both unpaid, that I might go for next year. I will definitely get one if them if I want it.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I had a professional non-exec on one board. He'd packed in proper work and instead did half a dozen non-exec jobs for about £6k each.

He turned up, asked his two questions every time, and went home.

He contributed absolutely zero but by virtue of being on several boards he kept getting on others.

I'm tempted to follow his example! There are actually a couple of non-exec roles, both unpaid, that I might go for next year. I will definitely get one if them if I want it.

Sounds like a plan with legs.

Volunteer for the non paid jobs and you may well find that those with more substantial honoraria attached follow. At the very least you should get some expenses

16 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

Sounds like a plan with legs.

Volunteer for the non paid jobs and you may well find that those with more substantial honoraria attached follow. At the very least you should get some expenses

Bit like the Lords who don't get paid... but have a £323 per day flat "expense rate", on top of which they can claim travel if not based in London.

26 minutes ago, gilf said:

Bit like the Lords who don't get paid... but have a £323 per day flat "expense rate", on top of which they can claim travel if not based in London.

They have done a few of them for turning up and leaving the taxi waiting whilst they pop in to sign for their attendance.

Not legal cases but suspension or similar.