DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Xmas Day Drinking Advice

Looking for advice from Dosbodders for Xmas day drinking strategy. Starting early but, for reasons I won’t go into, need to last all day. I want to drink throughout but stay ‘perfect pissed’ without doing my usual disappearing act at about 6 o’clock. Advice? 

Edited by SomersetMatt
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go early. Go big.  The rest of the day takes care of itself.

This is what I usually do to pace myself................   8.00am Hair of the Dog to chase away the previous nights hangover 9.00am Breakfast and a Bucks Fizz. Wayy Hayy it's Christmas.

Cocaine. You’ll be drinking all day, and last one up.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SomersetMatt said:

Weirdly, I tend to drink beer a lot quicker, and find spirits get me less pissed. Maybe just G&Ts all day, with emphasis on T? 

Actually that might not be a bad idea.

I don't drink it during the winter but it has often been my poison of choice for all day bank holiday sessions in nice weather when out for the duration.

Just now, working woman said:

This is what I usually do to pace myself................

8.00am Hair of the Dog to chase away the previous nights hangover

9.00am Breakfast and a Bucks Fizz. Wayy Hayy it's Christmas.

10.00am A light lager or two as you open your Xmas presents

11.00am Elevenses - Coffee for caffeine with a dash of whiskey and some liquer chocolates

12.00     Pre-Lunch tipple - A nice drop of Sherry

1.00pm Christmas lunch

Starters - Bloody Mary with a stick of celery

Main Event - Champagne

Xmas Pudding and lashings of Brandy sauce. Set alight with brandy.  Desert wine

Coffee (dash of brandy) and mints

3.00pm Queens Speech - a glass of sherry is definately in order as you toast her madge.

4.00pm Bubbly Afternoon Tea - Glass of Prosecco

Afternoon Tea Dance around the Xmas Tree - if you are still standing :)

5.00pm Avoid the 6pm slump with another coffee and Brandy

6.00pm No slump here - it's party time - Cocktails and Tequilla.

7.00pm Xmas Dinner Time - Turkey sandwiches, crisps and a cold lager or two

9.00pm Watch the News for the inevitable Boris Lockdown Speech - a drink of your choice to celebrate or commiserate.

10.00pm Nightcap - Whiskey Hot Toddie.

11.00pm Pre-bedtime Hot Cocoa with Brandy.

I hope that helps :)

6.00pm

Cheers. Just need to move the timings on about 3 hrs. 😊 Im trying to find a light lager that doesn’t taste like shit. I find the only decent lagers are above 5%, which, given I’m a lightweight, is a disaster. 

22 minutes ago, SomersetMatt said:

Looking for advice from Dosbodders for Xmas day drinking strategy. Starting early but, for reasons I won’t go into, need to last all day. I want to drink throughout but stay ‘perfect pissed’ without doing my usual disappearing act at about 6 o’clock. Advice? 

People used to say to drink milk to 'line the stomach' to slow alcohol absorption. Or have a meal before drinking. 

If drinking lager then you could have shandies. I quite like a peroni shandy myself using a cloudy lemonade.

What is it you wish to do? Be able to drink a lot of alcohol but not get plastered early on? Or are you wanting to create the illusion of drinking a lot when you are not?

You could make an old fashioned if drinking whisky / bourbon. Basically adding ginger ale or lemonade.

Take a bit shot of Vit C halfway through the day.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

What is it you wish to do? Be able to drink a lot of alcohol but not get plastered early on? Or are you wanting to create the illusion of drinking a lot when you are not?

Basically, I’m trying to do an 18hr drinking session with 8hr stamina. 😊

3 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

alcohol is a depressant, just stay off it all day if you want a good time

🥱

22 minutes ago, SomersetMatt said:

That’s my problem. I’ll do a disappear act and miss out on all the fun later on. I’m under orders to last the day. 😂

Let's not over-complicate things, you just need to reframe your thinking. Tell yourself that Christmas is shit and all your relatives are wankers and passing out at 6pm will feel like a win.