DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Covid passports

Wight Flight

From the nudges going on in the media, it looks like these are going to happen.

You either need to have had the vaccine, or have antibodies.

This is shit. Depending on what you need them for, yet another kick in the nuts for the young.

I am starting to think my lads should make every effort to catch it now.

This thread is just to monitor the progress of the incoming nightmare.

• Informative 2

Yadda yadda yadda
Just now, Wight Flight said:

This is shit. Depending on what you need them for, yet another kick in the nuts for the young.

There is a point where we have to stand up and say no. At least try. Do I want to look back and think that I did nothing? No. I'm not one for protesting. The principle of freedom to choose what happens to my own body is about the most fundamental there is. A line that must not be crossed.

There are a lot of people who will take a vaccine as things stand. However, even some of those would oppose a vaccine passport.

• Agree 10

1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

There is a point where we have to stand up and say no. At least try. Do I want to look back and think that I did nothing? No. I'm not one for protesting. The principle of freedom to choose what happens to my own body is about the most fundamental there is. A line that must not be crossed.

There are a lot of people who will take a vaccine as things stand. However, even some of those would oppose a vaccine passport.

You will have the choice.

But no passport - no visit to pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc. No travel. Possibly no job in some circumstances.

It's a shit choice.

• Agree 6

2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

But no passport - no visit to pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc. No travel. Possibly no job in some circumstances.

It's a shit choice.

It’s coming...this from Garth Turner in Canada this week:

...for most people there will be no choice between vaccination and employment.

On Friday Americans gained insight into this as the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission published its guidance on Covid, employer rights, employee obligations, the vaccine and labour law. You can read it all here.

The conclusion was clear: requiring that an employee be vaxed against Covid does not constitute a medical intrusion or a personal rights violation (as would a mandatory blood test or breathe analysis, for example). Therefore it’s a legal request. In fact, even if an employee refuses vaccination for medical or religious reasons, they can still be terminated. See this…

K.7. What happens if an employer cannot exempt or provide a reasonable accommodation to an employee who cannot comply with a mandatory vaccine policy because of a disability or sincerely held religious practice or belief? (12/16/20)

If an employee cannot get vaccinated for COVID-19 because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, and there is no reasonable accommodation possible, then it would be lawful for the employer to exclude the employee from the workplace.

It’s reasonable to assume Canadian guidance will be the same. But already employment lawyers here have come to the conclusion that (as this blog spelled out) employers cannot be forced to shoulder the liability for allowing non-vaxed workers into the workplace. Instead, bosses have an overriding responsibility to protect people.

https://www.greaterfool.ca/page/2/

• Informative 1

Yadda yadda yadda
13 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

It's a shit choice.

Can't be allowed. Civil disobedience is worth it in this case.

• Agree 9

Mirror Mirror
1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Antibodies will only last for a few months whereas T cell immunity can last up to a lifetime. How will they test for that?

If you’re quick, that loud woman from the restaurant might still be around. ;)

• Lol 2

stop_the_craziness

This is another scenario where I plan to do nothing and let the Government's utter incompetence save me.

Not a chance they will get this sort of thing delivered in any meaningful way.

• Agree 7

Yadda yadda yadda
5 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

This is another scenario where I plan to do nothing and let the Government's utter incompetence save me.

Very likely. The only place I can see it working is airports.

14 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Personally I'll just go get vaccinated somewhere where the nurse will accept a brown envelope stuffed with cash in order to record that I've had it. 

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, janch said:

Counterfeiters could have a field day similar to the mask exemption lanyards.  Did that happen by the way?  I heard talk of it on here.

It's irrelevant when you can just print your own :)

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Just wear one of these when you go for your jab.

image.thumb.png.b7fcfe27032c25b15487710987cce696.png

I recall an episode of The Six Million Dollar Man where Steve Austin asked if his kidnapper could inject him in the other arm to put him to sleep.  Just get yourself a bionic arm, problem solved.

Edited by Stuffed
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1

2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

So youngish and healthyish... I need to go out and catch a dose of Covid19 by the sounds of it! Lots of evidence I'll be ok where as the vaccine... 

• Agree 2

Yeah for someone that is say 20-40 without comorbilties an absolute miniscule chance of death... Not sure if it's quite at winning the euromilliins, possibly the national, definitely the Irish..... We need to take some rushed up vax fuck knows how long it will last or what side effects will come down the road.

Unfortunately think we're in the minority.  

Fingers crossed then government incompetence comes into play, or there are loopholes.

Said before, but if we're going down this route, things like faking one very likely to be capital offence.

Spoke to a good old friend yesterday.  Lives with his elderly parent.  Glad his partner not coming up from London partly because he would have to clean loads for her arrival, and partly because of this mutant strain and his mum now booked for vaccine in January so would be a shame if she got now.

Telling me about someone his mum knows coming round to drop something and added in the conversation they had a conversation (non covid) but that she was on the pavement, "well more than X amount of meters".

I didn't even ask or comment but wtf why add that in.

• Agree 2

Caravan Monster

The media is giving the general public the impression that the Pfizer vaccine will stop covid transmission, when Hancock, Faucci etc  have said it doesn't and you still have to social distance,wear masks etc. This means that it doesn't do anything to protect anyone other than the recipient, for whom it might reduce symptoms. If unvaccinated people cannot have passports, then neither should pfizer vaccine recipients because they can still spread the covid. 

Presumably the large majority are unaware of this reality.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

It's a shit choice.

That’s what they will do no doubt we could find loopholes for the pub etc going abroad would be more challenging 

There are probably going on 70Million people in the UK.  9 Million over 70.     

First week they managed fewer than 200k vaccinations.  We'll be well into the summer before they've managed to vaccinate even a minor proportion of the population.   Even if they somehow manage to maintain the fantasy for another 6 months. 

• Agree 3

Mirror Mirror
1 hour ago, the gardener said:

Personally I'll just go get vaccinated somewhere where the nurse will accept a brown envelope stuffed with cash in order to record that I've had it. 

That has occurred to me, but what if there are 2 of them in the room, possibly to prevent that very scenario?

Just now, feed said:

There are probably going on 70Million people in the UK.  9 Million over 70.     

First week they managed fewer than 200k vaccinations.  We'll be well into the summer before they've managed to vaccinate even a minor proportion of the population.   Even if they somehow manage to maintain the fantasy for another 6 months. 

image.thumb.png.e13f686937e76831ab83557939d248d2.png

Be interesting to see it coloured in as they get through the numbers.

About 500k at the moment vaccinated?

Did we have 2M doses to start?

So another 500k and then nothing until the second dose round starts.
No more Pfizer until March.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, apples said:

It's irrelevant when you can just print your own :)

I’ve got one I’ve still got my permission to travel thing from work ie when there was talk of curfews a road blocks or random stops somewhere

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

image.thumb.png.e13f686937e76831ab83557939d248d2.png

Be interesting to see it coloured in as they get through the numbers.

About 500k at the moment vaccinated?

Did we have 2M doses to start?

So another 500k and then nothing until the second dose round starts.
No more Pfizer until March.

Even if they have the doses, even if they have the infrastructure to administer it.  Which they don't.

Good luck to them trying to deploy a passport, when's over a year for the entire population to be vaccinated. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, feed said:

Even if they have the doses, even if they have the infrastructure to administer it.  Which they don't.

Good luck to them trying to deploy a passport, when's over a year for the entire population to be vaccinated. 

And that's before they factor in the potential for requiring booster jabs and different vaccine jabs as each new dominant mutation comes around.

No chance 2021 will be any better than 2020 with the way this shitshow in charge are stumbling around without a clue. Better get ready for the long haul, this 'new normal' has only just begun. :ph34r:

• Agree 2

If the populace say yes to a "freedom if you have this one vaccine" passport, do we really believe the requirements for said freedom will stop at just one vaccine?

Too much money to be made to stop at a one off vaccine if the western world is happy to be controlled and marked like farm animals like this.

• Agree 4