• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingPoor

Moggy's coming

2 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Put that way, it sounds ok except that you'd have to have very good evidence in each case. And I did say supposed free speech.

The only way this kind of thing could be done would be under martial law in special courts, the numbers are too great, peacetime civil courts would be overwhelmed and too slow. British people would have to be interned, what, permanently? Where - Ascension Island? Bit too nice there, maybe one of the more unpleasant Scots islands. Until the Scots secede at least...

Those without British passports could only be deported if their countries would take them back. Remember the UK is no longer the dominant imperial power.

Basically I'm not saying you're wrong in the essence of the suggestion, but in the current political context(ie  not officially at war, urgently needing trade agreements with the ROTW), it's impractical.

If the British state started going after extremists in a big way I think they would start to leave by their own accord. They would rather live in Afghanistan etc than be interred indefinitely in the UK.

There are 160 countries in the world. I'm sure we could find one that would accept our extremists. You really think Afghanistan/ Pakistan etc wouldn't accept them if we made it worth their while?

4 hours ago, Great Guy said:

If the British state started going after extremists in a big way I think they would start to leave by their own accord. They would rather live in Afghanistan etc than be interred indefinitely in the UK.

There are 160 countries in the world. I'm sure we could find one that would accept our extremists. You really think Afghanistan/ Pakistan etc wouldn't accept them if we made it worth their while?

Disagree. The bennies are far too lucrative.