DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What have you made today?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just finished making this, its going to the sis-in-law as a present and is a model of the 18th century flat boats that used to sail up the navigation behind her house. The mast and sail fold down so i

Presumably the rat has to break a leg on a way down, otherwise it would just jump back out 😊

I heard about a mouse trap that consisted of a piece of cheese on the end or a ruler, and a razor blade, blade-up, next to it. Dim-witted mice would reach over the razor blade to get the cheese,

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I spent part of the morning building a "see saw" rat trap. You cover the wood plank in peanut butter and rats eat it. They eventually walk to the end of the plank and fall into the bucket.

20201223_121415.jpg

Presumably the rat has to break a leg on a way down, otherwise it would just jump back out 😊

I heard about a mouse trap that consisted of a piece of cheese on the end or a ruler, and a razor blade, blade-up, next to it.

Dim-witted mice would reach over the razor blade to get the cheese, and thus slit their throats.

For the smarter mice, you took away the cheese. The smart mice would lean over the blade, squeak "where's the bloody cheese gone?", move their head left and right looking for it, and thus slit their own throats.

1 minute ago, Happy Renting said:

I heard about a mouse trap that consisted of a piece of cheese on the end or a ruler, and a razor blade, blade-up, next to it.

Dim-witted mice would reach over the razor blade to get the cheese, and thus slit their throats.

For the smarter mice, you took away the cheese. The smart mice would lean over the blade, squeak "where's the bloody cheese gone?", move their head left and right looking for it, and thus slit their own throats.

It wasn't in the Innovations Catalogue was it?

28 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I spent part of the morning building a "see saw" rat trap. You cover the wood plank in peanut butter and rats eat it. They eventually walk to the end of the plank and fall into the bucket.

20201223_121415.jpg

Do they not just climb out? Can rats not swim and climb?

Have watched some YouTube of a guy in US who builds these

18 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

This was a joke in Russia I heard about 30 years ago. 

The third stage is just the ruler. The mouse would pick it up and break the back of its own neck while shouting: "where is my cheese?" 

It doesn't work well when written, has to be in person, with an imaginary stick. 

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

20201223_121415.jpg

The last time I lifted the carpet  covering  on the large compost bin about  a dozen rats jumped out and bolted away. I nearly shat myself. Don't know who was more surprised me or the rats with belly's full of rotten apples. When it stops raining for long enough I am going to plonk myself outside with my night scope and a bottle of whiskey, should be fun.

21 minutes ago, highbot said:

The door stop in the corridor outside fell off.  I was meaning to screw it back on but someone nicked it.  It was one of those sproingy ones.  Without it that door bangs against the wall of my flat.  I cut some packing foam to size and stuck it to the skirting board with double sided sticky tape.

Why not araldite a badger to the wall?