DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Following a topic

13 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I note that some topics have followers.

Who does this, and why?

Do you get an email when a new post is made? On some topics, that could fill your in box overnight.

So fess up, what is the reason?

I follow one. Did it by accident and not sure how to unfollow. Anyhow, yes, get an email for every post. 

29 minutes ago, dillinger said:

What!

And all those Nigerian Princes trying to send you their millions too!

I registered with a couple of EAs a few years ago and now get swamped with property crap from every clerk in their offices. Half of it seems to go directly to trash but half goes to my inbox so it's a bit of a cesspit. Presumably I could set it up to delete them all but I've never worked out how. (Hotmail/outlook if anyone's offering tips).

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

I note that some topics have followers.

Who does this, and why?

Do you get an email when a new post is made? On some topics, that could fill your in box overnight.

So fess up, what is the reason?

It’s like frequent flyer points in a brothel. For every 250 blowjobs you pay for, you receive a token half hearted hand shandy.... so I’m told! :ph34r:

54 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

I registered with a couple of EAs a few years ago and now get swamped with property crap from every clerk in their offices. Half of it seems to go directly to trash but half goes to my inbox so it's a bit of a cesspit. Presumably I could set it up to delete them all but I've never worked out how. (Hotmail/outlook if anyone's offering tips).

I think you should be able to mark them as Spam/Junk and that will tell it to not show them anymore. Every now and then have a look in your junk/spam folder to make sure it is all shite, and then delete them.

8 hours ago, steppensheep said:

Really depends what you mean.

If you mean get them to stop sending them they will have a link at the bottom to unsubscribe. Although be aware that a lot either just ignore the request or they have about 10 different lists that you have to eventually get through. i.e. you sign up for emails, but what you have agreed to is a "new results list", an "offers list", a "random crap list" and so on, each having to be opted out of individually. Not always true but common enough and noticeable when you opt out of a companies list and then literally half an hour later your get another one seemingly from the same place.

If you mean delete them from your inbox... again depends on where you are doing it, i.e. via some email client or via the web.

If it's via the web then obviously individually you just select and click "delete" but if you want to do it in bulk then the easiest way is possibly to do a search based on the individual email address. Within that result will be a headind called "Results" directly on the left is a tick icon, click that and it will select all the emails, from there click "Delete all" from the menu above... like this....

image.png.4cbd111f39264fa995bf9845d55efe79.png

Obviously have a little check to make sure nothing important is in the list (if you just search by the email address it should be just those).

If the emails are in Junk then those are easy to get rid of, just select the folder and then click "empty folder".

In both the above the deleted emails will move to "Deleted", go in there and do the same i.e. click "empty folder", although they will be properly deleted after 30 days regardless.

Edited by gilf