• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
LC1

Free film, documentary or series streaming?

In response to comments on the so-called BBC thread, I see that others have interest in good value alternatives for streaming high quality film, documentary and serials.

And for me, there is no better value than free! So please post all your links to good free streams in here please, either individual films or, even better, lists or central repositories of streaming links for us to peruse.

Preferably links without incessant pop-ups, malware, adverts or having to prove that you are not a robot!

To start us off, this is quite good for finding full films on YouTube:

Full movies on YouTube

Edited by LC1

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Perhaps this should be a stealth forum thread?

Is there an initiation? A secret handshake, or something?

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

Oh feck. I have given the game away. Can you stay where you are please. Don't move. Spunko will send someone around shortly to knock you off.

That's off and not up.

That's not the kind of special handshake I was thinking of! O.o

Just now, Long time lurking said:

i just downloaded the new 17.3 krypton version of kodi seems to be far better than the older version  ... the bob unleashed app (not in the kodi repository though) has plenty of box sets 

What set up do you need to run Kodi? Can you run it off a laptop?

12 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Yes just down load it from here https://kodi.tv/  hundreds of apps in their repository  bob unleashed is from here http://noobsandnerds.com/latest/?p=3163 thousands here

Cheers LTL.

This is Brave New World stuff to me, I'll give it a go and report back!

If I don't, then possibly I've been suckered into watching every GoT series back-to-back... :ph34r:

Just now, LC1 said:

Cheers LTL.

This is Brave New World stuff to me, I'll give it a go and report back!

If I don't, then possibly I've been suckered into watching every GoT series back-to-back... :ph34r:

Watched all of season 4 of black sails yesterday  back to work tomorrow

Tip for Kodi  use the "esc" button on your key board to return (well its the only way i have sussed out how to return to the previous page on the new version on certain pages  ) any pointers welcome from anyone  

28 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

As for films look no further than show box (it`s a bit of a faff to set it up to run on a pc though (fucking blue stacks ) as its android 

So it's designed to stream content on a phone/tablet then? Surely there must be something similar for pc?!

How much of a faff?

2 minutes ago, LC1 said:

So it's designed to stream content on a phone/tablet then? Surely there must be something similar for pc?!

How much of a faff?

It`s an android box/tablet app but you can get the right programs to run it via a PC i used blue stacks (there are other ways) it was a pain for me and it still has issues IMO but as a app it`s the best i have found for recent films and in recent i mean before they are released in the UK cinemas  

Download and set up`s here http://showboxappdownload.com/run-show-box-on-your-pc/

I`m going to try the Arc welder app when i find the patience (i`m no IT geek ) 

All great stuff, thanks. I'm no IT expert either, but I muddle by through trial and error.

I know my wife's first question will be regarding the legal status of this kind of activity... I'll just tell her that it has yet to be tested in court, and hope that is sufficient to placate her!

1 hour ago, LC1 said:

All great stuff, thanks. I'm no IT expert either, but I muddle by through trial and error.

I know my wife's first question will be regarding the legal status of this kind of activity... I'll just tell her that it has yet to be tested in court, and hope that is sufficient to placate her!

If you have a smart TV a good android box will save you all the hassle most have kodi show box pre installed but you really need the tv to be close enough to you're phone line so you can run an earth net cable  

3 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

If you have a smart TV a good android box will save you all the hassle most have kodi show box pre installed but you really need the tv to be close enough to you're phone line so you can run an earth net cable  

No smart TV, hence why I asked about laptop - it's how we like to do it, strange I know! :)