DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I'd do a poll if i could be arsed figuring out how to.

Most of you know I'm a Yorkshireman. I have no flat cap or Whippet, but tha's a Yorkshireman alright.

Anyway, i would be interested to know if folk from all around these Isles mop Gravy up with a slice or two of bread, after a roast dinner?

To me, it the best part of the meal. It shows that the chef has made a Gravy that deserves appreciation aka not fucking Oxo.

I know some fellow (supposed) Yorkshire folk that find this act abhorrent. Well i find them to be abominations of humankind, never mind fake Yorkshire folk.

I would genuinly love to know what the rest of you do.

33 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I'd do a poll if i could be arsed figuring out how to.

Most of you know I'm a Yorkshireman. I have no flat cap or Whippet, but tha's a Yorkshireman alright.

Anyway, i would be interested to know if folk from all around these Isles mop Gravy up with a slice or two of bread, after a roast dinner?

To me, it the best part of the meal. It shows that the chef has made a Gravy that deserves appreciation aka not fucking Oxo.

I know some fellow (supposed) Yorkshire folk that find this act abhorrent. Well i find them to be abominations of humankind, never mind fake Yorkshire folk.

I would genuinly love to know what the rest of you do.

A proper yooerkshire man shouldn't have any gravy left at the end of a roast, it should have all been soaked up by Yorkie puds, mash, roasties and swede. 

3 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

A proper yooerkshire man shouldn't have any gravy left at the end of a roast, it should have all been soaked up by Yorkie puds, mash, roasties and swede. 

Swede? SWEDE?

Why are you ponces having Mash with a roast dinner, never mind Ukrika Johnsons?

Not very Christmasy or admittedly Yorkshirey.  But quite like the burgers you sometimes get with dipping sauce/ gravy on the side.

Had a haggis burger combo one last year that came with a plate of gravy with all the good scrapings from the pan too.  Apparently most people use to dip the burger in.  Probably not very American let alone Yorkshire but amazing.

And had some fancy Christmas burger thing the other day.  Again came with gravy, bit thinner red wine clearly added.  The sage and onion fries were amazing as is so just went ahead ahead doing the dipping thing then drank the rest when bun drink finished.  Nom

4 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Not very Christmasy or admittedly Yorkshirey.  But quite like the burgers you sometimes get with dipping sauce/ gravy on the side.

Had a haggis burger combo one last year that came with a plate of gravy with all the good scrapings from the pan too.  Apparently most people use to dip the burger in.  Probably not very American let alone Yorkshire but amazing.

And had some fancy Christmas burger thing the other day.  Again came with gravy, bit thinner red wine clearly added.  The sage and onion fries were amazing as is so just went ahead ahead doing the dipping thing then drank the rest when bun drink finished.  Nom

I'm hungry for faggots now...

6 minutes ago, Ina said:

As a pure bred Yorkshire lass the gravy should be meat juice and veg stock and thickened with a bit of bisto.   Old Ina was the worst cook in Britain and thickened her gravy with Yorkshire Pudding mix.  It was totally fucking minging.

Gravy's one of them things where its more satisfying to make a proper gravy but too much of a faff so I usually use granules. 

If I can be arsed I do it the 'proper way' - roast done on a bed of onion and carrot to catch the juices. Remove the roast, put the tin on the hob, give the veg a good mashing and fry it until it darkens, making sure all the bits are scraped off the bottom. Add a tablespoon of flour to bind it all up then add water and simmer. Once it's time strain it through a sieve to remove the mashed up vegetables et voila. Nice gravy, but an epic faff. 

18 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

What the fuck is that??? :Sick1:

If my wife served that up I'd put it out for the birds. 

You funny fucker! I cooked that! It was delicious!

Not the best picture either. Admittedly the FiL putting his sage and onion stuffing on top - it does not add to the aesthetic appeal..... tasted lush mind.