DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Idiot 3rd world types and their git rich quick schemes

Went to Lidl today picking up a crate of 99 cent Blue Nun and was amazed that the car park was full at 8.30. Normally there are a few geriatrics with alzheimers who are walking around the aisle a bit lost and powermums doing the shopping before the hubbie drags his sorry stubbly arse out of bed.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hiAX98ZSC4U/sddefault.jpg

Not today, I go through the door and there is pandemonium. Crowds of swarthy short fat blokes queuing up at the tills with shopping trolleys stacked high with Lidl trainers and sandals.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/h9azEmTv4Iw/maxresdefault.jpg

Anyway back home and did some research. They put them on ebay at 10 grand each.

https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lidl+sneakers&_sacat=0&_sop=16

The missus said "wow why didn't you buy some, maybe they are on to something"

I guess they live in those tin shanties by the railway tracks for the fresh air and they are all slumdog millionaires, I told her.

Screenshot from 2020-12-27 18:33:04.png

Edited by Dave Bloke
1 minute ago, SillyBilly said:

You went out on 27th December, what did you expect? I barely shop and even I know enough not to even contemplate it that close to Xmas day. Yet every year you get people surprised by how insane it is...the memo should be out by now!

Not in France. No one shops between Christmas and New Year.

6 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Not today, I go through the door and there is pandemonium. Crowds of swarthy short fat blokes queuing up at the tills with shopping trolleys stacked high with Lidl trainers and sandals.

Anyway back home and did some research. They put them on ebay at 10 grand each.

https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lidl+sneakers&_sacat=0&_sop=16

The missus said "wow why didn't you buy some, maybe they are on to something"

I guess they live in those tin shanties by the railway tracks for the fresh air and they are all slumdog millionaires, I told her.

Seems they have bottomed out at £39 inc p&p.

1987365497_Screenshotfrom2020-12-2717-39-56.thumb.png.168f34979cdf1608fdea0ca97d8f2c11.png

2 minutes ago, Rave said:

My local Lidl was pretty empty today. Picked up the last half price Christmas pud in the shop (for next year) and bought some half price fruit cakes, mince pies and gingerbread. Oh and some 14p Pasrsnips for tonight's roast beef.

Hope you got a liter of that Black Baitch Rhum to keep it fed over the next months.

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Seems they have bottomed out at £39 inc p&p.

1987365497_Screenshotfrom2020-12-2717-39-56.thumb.png.168f34979cdf1608fdea0ca97d8f2c11.png

Nah - these are going to fly. Loads of pent up demand. Reckon they’ll be $50,000 by end of week. Need to get in early before the big rise. Going to the moon I tell you! Buy... buy.... buy...., you’ll be rich! So @The XYY Man says! 

51 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Scousers beg Lidl to bring trainers to the UK after they sell on eBay for £150

1 hour ago, Dave Bloke said:

Stick the above two together, Dave nailed it, Scally Millionaires.

13 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

I'm happy to admit it Lidl trainers may be like bitcoin and I'm the idiot in all this for not getting in on the ground floor :-)

If you remember back, a friend of @Wight Flight 's son, was selling some pointless Louis Vuitton (?) box for silly money (£80k rings a bell?). 

My son goes to gym most Subdays - or he did before Covid.

I used to go n pick him up n collect shopping on the way home.

I wait outside.

Last 2 years one the rooms has been hired out to a black charasmtic halejulah happy clapping church. All black. And I mean proper black black.

Sometimes the jaaysus bits merge into what CSN only described as very optimistic investment advice.

I've pissed myself a few times as the pastor promotes some dodgy pennstock.

54 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

If you remember back, a friend of @Wight Flight 's son, was selling some pointless Louis Vuitton (?) box for silly money (£80k rings a bell?). 

Correction. Sold.

It was a thing for a while, and both the lads made a few quid, but as far as they are concerned that is now a busted flush.

2 hours ago, Panther said:

Lidl trainers, fucking hell I've seen it all

I do a lot of running and cycling and picked up the odd thing at Lidl, but about 2 years ago I noticed these smart looking yellow running shoes for about a tenner if I remember rightly, Bare in mind I have spent £150 on good running shoes before now. 

The Lidl ones were so light and looked well stitched so I thought why not and later that day I went for a run around Grafham water and they were excellent. So quickly rushed back and got myself another two pairs, three pairs of shit hot running shoes for a fussy sod like me and only £30 squids :)

Not everyone is happy with the Lidl trainers. Célia Sadai, journalist for Africultures, a medium dedicated to African cultures and their diaspora rants:

It is an insulting. I have the impression that the poor are in fashion. There is an appropriation of the codes and cultural heritage of the poor by the rich, without a full understanding of the experience and heritage associated with these cultural codes

On 27/12/2020 at 20:06, haroldshand said:

I do a lot of running and cycling and picked up the odd thing at Lidl, but about 2 years ago I noticed these smart looking yellow running shoes for about a tenner if I remember rightly, Bare in mind I have spent £150 on good running shoes before now. 

The Lidl ones were so light and looked well stitched so I thought why not and later that day I went for a run around Grafham water and they were excellent. So quickly rushed back and got myself another two pairs, three pairs of shit hot running shoes for a fussy sod like me and only £30 squids :)

How many £ per mile did it work out in the end? xD

Presumably cheap means the sole doesn't last long, at least these Lidl ones appear to have some rubber covering the moulded foam base, unlike some uber cheapo unknown brand crap off Amazon.

These Lidl limited editions are likely snapped up by mugs trying to cash in on the rare trainer scene, but surely brand still counts as for how desirable and therefore how high an upper sold price can be achieved. Maybe Lidl should have sold them on ebay themselves if they really are so desirable.

On 27/12/2020 at 19:16, Great Guy said:

Ffs, they even have "lidl" on the tongue of the trainer.... they look shit. 

I suppose on the plus side if you see someone wearing them you can immediately consign them to the "dickhead" category without further research.

Particularly if they have a 3 ft Kevin the carrot under an arm 

53 minutes ago, BoSon said:

How many £ per mile did it work out in the end? xD

Presumably cheap means the sole doesn't last long, at least these Lidl ones appear to have some rubber covering the moulded foam base, unlike some uber cheapo unknown brand crap off Amazon.

These Lidl limited editions are likely snapped up by mugs trying to cash in on the rare trainer scene, but surely brand still counts as for how desirable and therefore how high an upper sold price can be achieved. Maybe Lidl should have sold them on ebay themselves if they really are so desirable.

Unlike my once a month crazy marathon running sister I do not worry about named brands and looking good, but I do know my stuff and usually went for ASICS. The Lidl trainers were as light and as good as any I have ever worn, I was just able to get over the snob factor unlike most. I am still running sub 40 min 10 Km and doing 2.40 Olympic Triathlons for the record