DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I’m not sure if a paper like the sport will ever be seen again not sure if the internet or the pc mob did for them .here are a few of there better articles.  Back in a min arguing on another forum hope they ain’t got my sport artical https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/700802391997293695/

Edited by stokiescum
10 minutes ago, Reck B said:

My brother won a Sunday Sport competition to fuck 2 Sport ‘models’. They picked him up from work (he worked for The Ministry of Agriculture, fisheries and farming) in a limo and drove him to Bristol to do the deed.

it was at the time of the BSE crisis and the story ended up in the centre pages of the Sunday Sport with a photo of him with a post-coital grin, sat between 2 naked slags and the headline “We Ate Ministry Man’s Beef on the Bone”

I wish I kept a copy of the article, it was hilarious. They quoted him as saying things like “I slipped a finger inside her, she was wetter than an otters pocket”

Nah. They nicked that idea from the Lagos Weekender.

Which was the best newspaper. Ever.

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

and then there was the Sunday Sport

sunday-sport.gif

The interesting thing is, if you check in to the so-called news website in a morning and find nearly two dozen web links to "how Stormzy Feelz", headlines like that don't seem as ridiculous as they used to...

Disinformation correspondents.

Mmmmm.

8 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Sport roadshow in a nightclub on my 18th.

I was pretty much eaten alive.

:)

They came to Trentam gardens and I was on the door that night we were instructed to drag anyone that got to frisky with them

outside some were mutton dressed has lamb but they were all nice to the door staff

15 minutes ago, Reck B said:

My brother won a Sunday Sport competition to fuck 2 Sport ‘models’. They picked him up from work (he worked for The Ministry of Agriculture, fisheries and farming) in a limo and drove him to Bristol to do the deed.

it was at the time of the BSE crisis and the story ended up in the centre pages of the Sunday Sport with a photo of him with a post-coital grin, sat between 2 naked slags and the headline “We Ate Ministry Man’s Beef on the Bone”

I wish I kept a copy of the article, it was hilarious. They quoted him as saying things like “I slipped a finger inside her, she was wetter than an otters pocket”

How did your folks feel about it?

1 minute ago, Bandit Banzai said:

Fuck me, Britain used to be a laugh back in the day.  Comedy, humour, bawdiness (spelling?), all gone in our media.

It's still there in the people. But modern media doesn't represent the people anymore.

Its because of the Devil's Dildo™

8 hours ago, Bandit Banzai said:

Fuck me, Britain used to be a laugh back in the day.  Comedy, humour, bawdiness (spelling?), all gone in our media.

It's still there in the people. But modern media doesn't represent the people anymore.

Yes, we had The Young Ones, Viz, and I remember the Sunday Sport coming out at college where it was a "must read".

These days it's comedy with all the humour surgically removed by the BBC's commissioning policy and memes that make every one think that their imitation is a form of genius.

I only remember WWII Bomber Found on the Moon and London Bus Found at the North Pole but there were funny stories through the paper.  And they were genuinely good at reporting sport.

When the editor ?Tony Livesey was interviewed at the time he said that someone had brought him a picture of the bomber on the moon and it looked genuine to him so he ran with it.

There was a lovely line in the story, something like "Nutritionists have advised that after nearly forty five years on the moon the crew would have run out of food."

11 hours ago, Reck B said:

Brilliant story, not sure I’d have wanted the work connection if I’d been him!

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

The "Devil's dildo" is @The XYY ManMan's name for a smartphone.

I wish it were my creation Frank, but it was coined by the character Frank Gallagher in Channel 4's "Shameless", so some TV script writer gets the credit for it.

It has been my favourite name for those infernal devices ever since...

XYY

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I wish it were my creation Frank, but it was coined by the character Frank Gallagher in Channel 4's "Shameless", so some TV script writer gets the credit for it.

It has been my favourite name for those infernal devices ever since...

XYY

You should have kept quiet - I thought it was yours.

If I heard it elsewhere I would have said "I know who coined that".

Ah the Daily Sport. Like someone at Viz had an idea to take the piss out of the red top 'journalism' where the hardest part of their job is clicking the generate button for the headline puns.

I remember they had a nipple count on the front page. Now the rags don't show any tits but they are still full of cunts.

Newspapers are totally useless these days, can't even wrap the fish and chips in them anymore. Maybe that was an EU directive so we can get back to good old chippy standards now. B|

Edited by BoSon
9 minutes ago, BoSon said:

Newspapers are totally useless these days, can't even wrap the fish and chips in them anymore. Maybe that was an EU directive so we can get back to good old chippy standards now. B|

I can't remember when that went out; I think I used o have them wrapped in yesterday's newspaper but that may be creative memory.

My local chippy - specifically that one, this isn't a generalisation - uses a quite ludicrous amount of paper in its wrapping which half fills the bin.  I'm guessing that this is cheaper than the polystyrene containers used by most other chippies.

20 minutes ago, BoSon said:

The media world is upside down these days. Supposedly serious papers are now all parody woke versions of the Sunday Sport running stories so unbelievable that the Sport would have blushed to print them. By contrast if you want a serious factual précis of some news items you might be best advised to read the Sun whose coverage has often been better than many of the supposedly heavyweight papers. I suppose for the Red Tops it is pretty hard to top the extremes of social media so it might be better to just print the news and keep your powder dry for certain scandals where your inside knowledge and access might give you an edge.