DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Have many of you put off seeing a doctor this year?

haroldshand

Just wondering as I have not been to the doctors for probably two years now and with covid you just feel like you don't want to pester them in these hard times where they are so busy how many of you have put off a visit to the doctors? .You know what the old school are like as well and where something has to be falling off their bodies before they will pester the Doctor. My lovely  Mum was the worst with her MS, was diagnosed and then rarely went back to the doctor again in 25 years until she lost the use of her legs, they just get on with it.

I am wondering how a lot of people this year could have let an ailment they normally would check out has led to something more serious. I do a lot of long bike rides and runs as it keeps blood pressure down, but for about several weeks now I have felt my heart fluttering and pumping hard hours later after a bike/cycle , it gets worse sometimes when I am sleeping. I am just at that point now where I might get it checked out, but it is something I might have checked out weeks ago had it not been for feeling guilty for pestering the Doc.

• Agree 1

The Masked Tulip
1 minute ago, haroldshand said:

Just wondering as I have not been to the doctors for probably two years now and with covid you just feel like you don't want to pester them in these hard times where they are so busy how many of you have put off a visit to the doctors? .You know what the old school are like as well and where something has to be falling off their bodies before they will pester the Doctor. My lovely  Mum was the worst with her MS, was diagnosed and then rarely went back to the doctor again in 25 years until she lost the use of her legs, they just get on with it.

I am wondering how a lot of people this year could have let an ailment they normally would check out has led to something more serious. I do a lot of long bike rides and runs as it keeps blood pressure down, but for about several weeks now I have felt my heart fluttering and pumping hard hours later after a bike/cycle , it gets worse sometimes when I am sleeping. I am just at that point now where I might get it checked out, but it is something I might have checked out weeks ago had it not been for feeling guilty for pestering the Doc.

Telephone your surgery now. Tell them what you told us. Get an appointment.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Telephone your surgery now. Tell them what you told us. Get an appointment.

This.

It'll be a telephone appointment but they can send you for a heart monitor to be fitted.

Timely thread, as I am today entering my fourth day of torrential diarrhea (started early hours of Christmas morning). Feel perfectly fine otherwise, even have an appetite, although I'm obviously not too keen to eat anything just to have it pour straight out the back door a few hours later. Apart from some type of butt plug arrangement, any other sensible suggestions?

The Masked Tulip
5 minutes ago, eight said:

Timely thread, as I am today entering my fourth day of torrential diarrhea (started early hours of Christmas morning). Feel perfectly fine otherwise, even have an appetite, although I'm obviously not too keen to eat anything just to have it pour straight out the back door a few hours later. Apart from some type of butt plug arrangement, any other sensible suggestions?

Drink plenty of liquids - tea without milk, warm water. If you are not feeling nauseous then scrambled egg, dry non-buttered toast.

• Agree 3

17 minutes ago, eight said:

eggs and heroin are binding

• Informative 1

30 minutes ago, eight said:

Hottest curry you can tolerate.

Purge.

Go to Drs if it doesn't clear up after that.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, haroldshand said:

Your local gp should be able to do an ECG on you at fairly short notice if you phone with those symptoms.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1

Get one of these.

https://www.cardiodepot.co.uk/s/17779_295325_alivecor-kardia-mobile-ekg-monitor-instant-ekg-on-your-phone?part=googleMC&part=google-shopping-uk&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoab_BRCxARIsANMx4S5aD0CKNhFDAllZrdUR0qhW7mL-N4a4hUTazokezbopc5ECpwSx87waAkBuEALw_wcB

After wasting 3 pointless visits to the GP with a family member who diagnosed- asthma, allergy n just tired.

Not bothering to take heart beat.

This device corrrectly recorded an insane heart rate n arthymia.

£120 of device versus 3x 100k GPs + 3 practises nurses on 50k.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Go to A and E. Any type of chest / heart type complaint and they have to take you straight in for a full check up. (Well before covid and I assume at least this rule hasn't changed)

I didn't realize this until I wandered in one day years ago after strange jabbing pains appeared. Stripped me off and full heart and lung check up. 

Fuck it if you pay taxes why not. You may have something serious going on so don't fuck around. 

For me it was "atypical" chest pain apparently. 

• Agree 7

44 minutes ago, eight said:

I think advice on this has changed from the previous just have clear soup stuff told years ago. 

Just fire on through it - the hot curry is a good idea. Good luck xD

Yadda yadda yadda
3 minutes ago, ccc said:

I think advice on this has changed from the previous just have clear soup stuff told years ago. 

Just fire on through it - the hot curry is a good idea. Good luck xD

Hot curry in this case is kill or cure.

Good luck and no photographs.

16 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Get one of these.

https://www.cardiodepot.co.uk/s/17779_295325_alivecor-kardia-mobile-ekg-monitor-instant-ekg-on-your-phone?part=googleMC&part=google-shopping-uk&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoab_BRCxARIsANMx4S5aD0CKNhFDAllZrdUR0qhW7mL-N4a4hUTazokezbopc5ECpwSx87waAkBuEALw_wcB

After wasting 3 pointless visits to the GP with a family member who diagnosed- asthma, allergy n just tired.

Not bothering to take heart beat.

This device corrrectly recorded an insane heart rate n arthymia.

£120 of device versus 3x 100k GPs + 3 practises nurses on 50k.

Thanks to a mobile medical device connected to a smartphone application, each of you can record your cardiac activity through a complete medical electrocardiogram AND send it to your general practitioner or cardiologists for analysis (send by email in 1 click). 

Most NHS won't accept anything but their own tests.

A friend was being ignored by her GP so booked in with the world expert on what she believed she had. One trip to California later the NHS still wanted to verify all the test results, even though they had a high quality scan of a squashed pituitary gland in front of them and all the other test results.

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Thanks to a mobile medical device connected to a smartphone application, each of you can record your cardiac activity through a complete medical electrocardiogram AND send it to your general practitioner or cardiologists for analysis (send by email in 1 click). 

A friend was being ignored by her GP so booked in with the world expert on what she believed she had. One trip to California later the NHS still wanted to verify all the test results, even though they had a high quality scan of a squashed pituitary gland in front of them and all the other test results.

Empty sella syndrome?

Yadda yadda yadda

You should not feel guilty about talking to the doctor about a heart issue. Anything wrong there needs to be looked at pronto. Don't become a covid statistic through putting yourself last. The GPs won't be busier than usual but even if they were their job is to see you. It isn't a stubbed toe or a one off headache.

I'd hope that the sleeping thing is just perception. Eg it is quiet and you've nothing else to do but notice the heart beating quickly.

I think you're in Cambridgeshire. That means you are in the immediate catchment for some of the best heart healthcare in the country. Papworth is excellent. You've won the postcode lottery if you need any treatment.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Fannying around with mechanical home test kits think blood pressure is a waste of time.

These devices, which transmit to a tablet or phone are far far more accurate than the shit GPs have.

The results are useful as its then a legal hammer to hit lazy fuckers with.

2 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Empty sella syndrome?

Cushing's disease.
I think.
She's had something cut out and has a wonderfully small scar behind her ear. She's on meds forever though.

I went to the doctors a few weeks ago during lockdown with something that could be serious.  Defo worth it, fine, actually a laugh for various reasons.  Well organised.  Have a scan booked early next month.  Partner had a routine visit at hospital.  Fine.

PS:  Fine = no issues, no covid!

PPS:  I took in my blood pressure monitor to the docs for calibration but they said they use the same so just looked at the log.  Far better result (no white coat, loads of data, etc).

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Hot curry in this case is kill or cure.

Good luck and no photographs.

People pooh-pooh hot curries - no pun intended.

However it's good for the usual digestive problems people get.

Bit constipated? Egg bound? Curry, with a portion of dhal really burns a hole thru your guts.

Shits? Bit of a virus? 

Combination of chilli n stuff like turmeric plus the arse flushing really do seem to have a positive effect.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

People pooh-pooh hot curries - no pun intended.

However it's good for the usual digestive problems people get.

Bit constipated? Egg bound? Curry, with a portion of dhal really burns a hole thru your guts.

Shits? Bit of a virus? 

Combination of chilli n stuff like turmeric plus the arse flushing really do seem to have a positive effect.

your enema's enema is your friend

• Agree 1
  • Lol 8