DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Your pizza is late

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most people deserve what they get in life.  This bloke did. If the police ask you to move on because you are parked on the pavement then you do so. You especially do so if you know that you

5 posts in, and we haven’t confirmed whether the driver’s name was Wroclaw or Ahmed. Was the pizza halal? Did he have an illegal distillery or a slow moving 13 year old in the boot? Poor show dos

Pretty sure that if he requires his vehicle for work, his employer is liable for making sure he has insurance and that the vehicle is taxed and has an MOT. The sooner shite like this is dealt wit

Posted Images

Pretty sure that if he requires his vehicle for work, his employer is liable for making sure he has insurance and that the vehicle is taxed and has an MOT.

The sooner shite like this is dealt with, the better for the rest of us that do follow the fucking rules and get buttfucked in the wallet for doing so.

7 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

5 posts in, and we haven’t confirmed whether the driver’s name was Wroclaw or Ahmed. Was the pizza halal? Did he have an illegal distillery or a slow moving 13 year old in the boot?

Poor show dosbodders..... poor show!

It's Oldham so an educated guess would be Pakistani.... 

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Most people deserve what they get in life.  This bloke did.

If the police ask you to move on because you are parked on the pavement then you do so.

You especially do so if you know that you are uninsured.

You don't start giving verbals.

Yeah this is a bit suspect - you'd expect a mumbled apology and the dude to scarper.

Maybe it's some sort of drugs front (margeritha please - hold the cheese and tomato), the bottom rung mule got nervous and started swearing.

6 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Pretty sure that if he requires his vehicle for work, his employer is liable for making sure he has insurance and that the vehicle is taxed and has an MOT.

The sooner shite like this is dealt with, the better for the rest of us that do follow the fucking rules and get buttfucked in the wallet for doing so.

To slightly nuance that my previous employers required evidence of appropriate insurance, specifically including incidental business use, in order to claim mileage.

The rationale being that if they were paying mileage then they were sanctioning the use of your vehicle for company business so had to satisfy themselves that it was being used legitimately.

There was no evidence of tax or MoT required.  Though you had to provide a current driving licence - done via a government website which allowed you to provide limited access to somebody else to check it; done via a code and at no cost.

If you chose to use your own vehicle without claiming mileage then the company didn't know whether it was properly insured or even if you are using it.

I am sure my company would have been fully compliant with the rules so in this case the pizza employer could say that they didn't know what vehicle the employee was using if any.  Somebody could have been giving them a lift, they could have been on a pushbike, public transport etc.

I used to have to travel for meetings and there was no system in place to record how I travelled; only the backstop position that I had to demonstrate insurance if I was claiming mileage.

11 hours ago, sarahbell said:

GMP have been busy.

Screenshot_20201228-222448.png

I'm not one to uncritically support the Plod but that car is parked right next to a crossing. It will obscure line of sight to pedestrians waiting to cross the road at those lights. It's a hazardous place to park. Plod was entirely correct to ask the driver to move the vehicle. If said driver got gobby then I'm quite happy they went further. 

Just now, the gardener said:

I'm not one to uncritically support the Plod but that car is parked right next to a crossing. It will obscure line of sight to pedestrians waiting to cross the road at those lights. It's a hazardous place to park. Plod was entirely correct to ask the driver to move the vehicle. If said driver got gobby then I'm quite happy they went further. 

I'm not moaning! 

I think uninsured drivers need to be removed!

6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I think uninsured drivers need to be removed!

Insurance is haram! It takes away the opportunity for allah's justice to be felt by those who break his laws by eating pork, drinking alcohol and listening to music.

Those who enforce these man-made laws will feel his wrath on judgement day. As will the man from the Pru.

Just now, Libspero said:

So says one side of the story..    seems unlikely the police couldn't move someone on without causing a major confrontation if they so wished. 

I'll only be a minute... 

Is probably not what you should say to a police man whose chief inspector has recently gone on the sick and then resigned when he realised people were cross that crimes were not going to be recorded.

8 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

5 posts in, and we haven’t confirmed whether the driver’s name was Wroclaw or Ahmed. Was the pizza halal? Did he have an illegal distillery or a slow moving 13 year old in the boot?

Poor show dosbodders..... poor show!

Normally Pakistani or Balkan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9092397/Moment-Herpes-delivery-driver-caught-stealing-Royal-Mail-parcel-left-customers-doorstep.html

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

I'll only be a minute... 

Is probably not what you should say to a police man whose chief inspector has recently gone on the sick and then resigned when he realised people were cross that crimes were not going to be recorded.

Sounds about right..   finding more crimes to report so they can tick the box.   I expect people are really more bothered about criminal damage and burglaries going unreported than badly parked pizza delivery drivers.  I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I expect people are really more bothered about criminal damage and burglaries going unreported than badly parked pizza delivery drivers.  I could be wrong.

Conduct an experiment with a brick tonight and you could rate the local plod and claim for your steamed up double glazing at the same time.

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Conduct an experiment with a brick tonight and you could rate the local plod and claim for your steamed up double glazing at the same time.

The change in the insurance premium would probably cost more than the window..  but the snow coming in through the window would certainly motivate me to get it fixed quickly xD