DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Who's pro/anti religious freedom?

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

They don’t understand the context. They repeated say, the state when what they actually mean is the monarchy. 

I suppose it's difficult for Yanks. I am not even sure myself how the power hierarchy used to work back in those days.

7 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I suppose it's difficult for Yanks. I am not even sure myself how the power hierarchy used to work back in those days.

Perhaps the monarch (prior to formal limitations such as Magna Carta) was the state. What other person or body would encapsulate it in something close to its modern sense?

Louis XIV is reputed to have thought so.

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Can we go to church but not the pub?

Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh!

I have just looked. I shouldn't have.

God botherers and muzzers can worship but my Beautiful Pubs remain shut???

As of 17:49 hours on this day 29th December 2020, a State of War now exists between me and the government.

Utter, utter bastards.

Just now, MrLibertyRedux said:

Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh!

I have just looked. I shouldn't have.

God botherers and muzzers can worship but my Beautiful Pubs remain shut???

As of 17:49 hours on this day 29th December 2020, a State of War now exists between me and the government.

Utter, utter bastards.

Church is just missing a trick?

Just now, MrLibertyRedux said:

What took you until now? Mine started ages ago.

I saw a meme the other week. To put it in a wordy, embellished manner:

Your religion says you can’t/must do something: Fine, whatever, so long as you do no harm and don’t break any laws

Your religion says someone else can’t/ must do something: shove your religion up your arse

20 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Your religion says you can’t/must do something: Fine, whatever, so long as you do no harm and don’t break any laws

Your religion says someone else can’t/ must do something: shove your religion up your arse

What about the kids of ppl who have religious ideas? (They usually force their ideas on them?)

27 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Or fuck off to somewhere that your religion is acceptable.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Can we go to church but not the pub?

I interpret this very well written statement to include within the realms of religious freedom the right to visit and use all buildings devoted to Thomas Beckett. This surely includes the Thomas a Beckett pub on the Old Kent Road. It must become an immediate priority of United States foreign policy to return this pub to its former name and reopen to all drinkers who wish to use it. The boxing gym above should also be brought back into pugilistic use.

Further all pubs with names honouring religious figures must be open to drinkers. I suggest that the first round of drinks in each such establishment should be raised in toast to Donald J Trump. Indeed should a pub be named after the God Emperor it must be allowed to open and celebrate his deeds.

Edited by Yadda yadda yadda
8 minutes ago, whocares said:

What about the kids of ppl who have religious ideas? (They usually force their ideas on them?)

I did think about that but how long do you want me to make what was originally a pithy ten word meme? Besides It’s pretty well covered by the do no harm ,break no laws and telling someone else what they can or can’t do bits.

2 hours ago, Melchett said:

One of the biggies for me is (the threat of) apostasy.

Religions are fine.  By all means limit entry unless people do some kind of religious test/forfeit.  But you have to let them leave without hindrance.