DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Lockdown for climate change

sarahbell

6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

German MPs have suggested lockdown would be good for the planet.

See. Look what complying has gone and done! Given The mad people ideas.

Saving the planet is as deluded as stopping a virus. It's all up to nature, or God if you like.

I would like these deluded god-like politicians to turn the moon round, as I want to see the other side.

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Saving the planet is as deluded as stopping a virus. It's all up to nature, or God if you like.

I would like these deluded god-like politicians to turn the moon round, as I want to see the other side.

It’s identical except for a base and some badly parked flying saucers 

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

13 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Well it would but it’s going to finish that many industry’s it would be unreal.Britain would turn into a very drunk nation or with a bad weed habit

I thought they had already shown that the difference in C02 was negligible. Even though most of us have barely driven for 9months other than to the supermarket and back and most havent flown anywhere.

Thus i have come to the conclusion that they are either lying bastards, or global warming is not man made. 

I don't believe it's due to Cow farts either.

• Agree 3

Just now, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I thought they had already shown that the difference in C02 was negligible. Even though most of us have barely driven for 9months other than to the supermarket and back and most havent flown anywhere.

Thus i have come to the conclusion that they are either lying bastards, or global warming is not man made. 

Yes I previously posted an article on that. It seems that aircraft are not the polluting pariah we are told. I would have thought something measurable would have happened, after so many months, and that would have been front page, but they are keeping quiet on that one.

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

A full tank now lasts close to a month 

• Agree 1

Yadda yadda yadda
25 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Are those the same German MPs who want a trade deal with coal-dependent China?

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Are those the same German MPs who want a trade deal with coal-dependent China?

No, these are the same German MPs who want a trade deal with coal-dependent China and fuck off gas pipelines from Russia as well.

• Agree 1

These people want lock-down to save the planet, but will still want people to build their houses, and fix their boilers when they break, and make medicines when they're ill and have a pension when they're old.

You can't have everything.

[The biggest contribution to CO2 from Germany in the last 20 years?  Population growth leading to more people doing normal stuff.  And I'd note that organic growth (births-deaths) in Germany in that time has been negative.    Sure, the migrants that have actually made the population grow would have been elsewhere, but in nearly all cases they'd have been elsewhere emitting less CO2]

• Agree 3

DownwardSpiral
13 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes I previously posted an article on that. It seems that aircraft are not the polluting pariah we are told. I would have thought something measurable would have happened, after so many months, and that would have been front page, but they are keeping quiet on that one.

Agree that the CO2 and greenhouse gas from emissions leading to global catastrophe is tripe. Though anecdote alert, summer 2020 was the first year in 15 that I didn’t have outrageous hay fever, in fact I didn’t suffer with hay fever at all. I almost certainly put that down to (the lack of) pollutants from vehicles. Though again, n = 1 and all of that.

1 minute ago, DownwardSpiral said:

Agree that the CO2 and greenhouse gas from emissions leading to global catastrophe is tripe. Though anecdote alert, summer 2020 was the first year in 15 that I didn’t have outrageous hay fever, in fact I didn’t suffer with hay fever at all. I almost certainly put that down to (the lack of) pollutants from vehicles. Though again, n = 1 and all of that.

Maybe? sometimes I get hay fever. Not in 2020 though. Not really enough information to decide. There are worse pollutants than CO2, without which we wouldn't be here.

I'm coming to the conclusion, that most CO2 is not from industry.

Stinky Wizzleteats
38 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Well it would but it’s going to finish that many industry’s it would be unreal.Britain would turn into a very drunk nation or with a bad weed habit

This is my issue with introducing a UBI. There are families in the UK who have multiple generations never having worked. I may be mistaken but I'm not under the impression they sit around composing arias with all their spare time

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Stinky Wizzleteats said:

This is my issue with introducing a UBI. There are families in the UK who have multiple generations never having worked. I may be mistaken but I'm not under the impression they sit around composing arias with all their spare time

Don't work as an option is fine. But fend for yourself beyond a shared dormitory existence? 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Maybe? sometimes I get hay fever. Not in 2020 though. Not really enough information to decide. There are worse pollutants than CO2, without which we wouldn't be here.

I'm coming to the conclusion, that most CO2 is not from industry.

Now that you mentioned it, I didn't have one either. Mine is normally pretty mild but I don't think I had any at all this year. 

1 minute ago, Bear Hug said:

Now that you mentioned it, I didn't have one either. Mine is normally pretty mild but I don't think I had any at all this year. 

Poor honey year for me here. 
Just saying.

• Informative 3

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I wonder what a lockdown would do for German industry which is ultimately paying their wages?

Cars mostly I guess. I've never had one as I disapproved of the Nazi regime.O.o

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Unlike Lewis Hamilton.

I don't know why people are so obsessed by this bloke. He's just a driver. Like a footballer or soap star. His opinion is not worth more than a plumber I know.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't know why people are so obsessed by this bloke. He's just a driver. Like a footballer or soap star. His opinion is not worth more than a plumber I know.

Two things:

He is highly voluble about standing up against racism yet takes vast amounts of money from Mercedes; a company which used forced slave labour during the war, such labour being selected on racial grounds, and has made no reparations.

He has come out with anti-gay statements despite appearing to be a screaming closet case himself.

He is a steaming great hypocrite squared.

• Agree 2