DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And as for you and your karaoke that you didn't invite me to @The Grey Man - look at what you coulda won...!     Happy New Year to everyone, xxx   XYY

You've been waiting paitently for it. Here it is. What the fuck are you all doing tonight? I'm half way through a bottle of Rioja, about to cook a Lidl Deluxe Spicy Chicken Harrybiata Sourdough P

Been married a while then?

Posted Images

A third of the way into a bottle of Laphroaig. I have a cheese topped cottage pie ready to go in the oven and a pan of very rich red wine gravy to go with it.

Currently listening to some early INXS.

This has got to be the dullest new year I have ever spent in my life.

I just hope to God any of my Beautiful Pubs that survive open as soon as possible.

Cheers and good health to you all.

:Beer:

Staying in with my other half.  Currently getting my playlist ready - eg Prince 1999

Cooking a couple of currys.  One bottle of Prosecco - as we're both working tomorrow :( and I'm a lightweight.

If we are still awake at midnight, watch the fireworks - some years are better than others. The local pub puts on a good display and on a patch of open ground near us people gather and let off lots of fireworks as well, so usually good. It will be interesting to see what happens tonight. Will people have the money to burn? 

3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I've got my good friends Mr Whyte and Mr Mackay round for a drink.

All the best for plenty-benty one...

XYY

2ec52073d79a65ac86441f94e9c79ce0.png

Just now, Roger_Mellie said:

Been up Roseberry Topping for the last couple of years and the plan was Carlton Bank this year, but none of us can be arsed. 

So I've got the dinner on and we've got some board games planned. Which more often than not ends with Mrs. Mellie pegging. 

Ftfy

20 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Worked til 3. Two cans of Vocation Imperial Frappé, now voddy with a Top Gear special. Passed out by 9pm I expect after some early00s trance...

Incidentally I was looking back at the superclub era earlier, and how few of them still remain. Such a huge change in 20 years. 

Playing the family man. Wife has made some home-made sausage rolls, now having to suffer "Justin's house" on Cbeebies (I guess I can reminisce about being in pantoland). 

Trying to decide whether to keep daughter up for midnight so she can look out of the window at the dystopian wasteland below fireworks or just treat it as another day. 

Hopefully I'll get to have some "me" time later. Lord knows I need some. 

1 minute ago, OurDayWillCome said:

At least it won’t be as bad as New Years Eve 1999 - I was stuck in a bunker waiting for all the planes to simultaneously fall from the sky.  Bloody millennium bug, almost as useless as Covid.

Hope you were well renumerated!

I wasn't high enough up the food chain back then as a newbie doing support, but I had a mate who got paid 10k just to be on standby on top of the fortune he made that year.

26 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

This has got to be the dullest new year I have ever spent in my life.

I just hope to God any of my Beautiful Pubs that survive open as soon as possible.

Cheers and good health to you all.

:Beer:

Well that's a surprise.

I saw the news and thought @MrLibertyRedux must be in the Isles of Scilly.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/31/drinkers-in-isle-of-scilly-enjoy-pints-in-one-of-last-pubs-open-13828678/