• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Yet another dangerous dog

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4812254/Seven-police-storm-73-year-old-s-house-seize-dog.html

Seven police officers stormed a 73-year-old woman's house and seized her 'dangerous' ten-year-old Yorkshire terrier Alfie after he chased after a delivery man.

Claudia Settimo-Bovio, from Kingston in south west London, claimed officers in five cars came to take her dog away on Friday.

She said: 'I was treated like a criminal and I'm not. 

'My dog is not vicious. He's not a Rottweiler, he's a little Yorkshire terrier. I live on my own and he's very protective of me.

On June 21, she said she received a delivery from an online order and, because Alfie becomes excited around people and she lives on the ground floor, she asked the courier to leave the package outside the door.

About 10 minutes later she went outside, but the courier was still there at the back of his van and Alfie ran through her legs to chase him.

Miss Settimo-Bovio said: 'As soon as he saw my dog he was screaming like a lunatic, shouting "he's killing me".   

'He was screaming so loudly people came running out because they thought someone was being attacked.

'He fell over in the next-door garden and I told him if he was afraid to just stay still. My neighbour came out and picked up the dog.

xD

4 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

Read about this earlier.  Absolutely terrifying and I don't mean the 7inch tall dog.

Yes, you'd think seven London police officers would have better things to do than storm a house going after a Yorkshire terrier. Pathetic waste of public resources 

4 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Yes, you'd think seven London police officers would have better things to do than storm a house going after a Yorkshire terrier. Pathetic waste of public resources 

They could better spend the time monitoring Twatter for comments about religions with dog issues...

1 minute ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4812254/Seven-police-storm-73-year-old-s-house-seize-dog.html

Seven police officers stormed a 73-year-old woman's house and seized her 'dangerous' ten-year-old Yorkshire terrier Alfie after he chased after a delivery man.

Claudia Settimo-Bovio, from Kingston in south west London, claimed officers in five cars came to take her dog away on Friday.

She said: 'I was treated like a criminal and I'm not. 

'My dog is not vicious. He's not a Rottweiler, he's a little Yorkshire terrier. I live on my own and he's very protective of me.

On June 21, she said she received a delivery from an online order and, because Alfie becomes excited around people and she lives on the ground floor, she asked the courier to leave the package outside the door.

About 10 minutes later she went outside, but the courier was still there at the back of his van and Alfie ran through her legs to chase him.

Miss Settimo-Bovio said: 'As soon as he saw my dog he was screaming like a lunatic, shouting "he's killing me".   

'He was screaming so loudly people came running out because they thought someone was being attacked.

'He fell over in the next-door garden and I told him if he was afraid to just stay still. My neighbour came out and picked up the dog.

Hmm. Generally I like dogs, but owners must be fit to have them and be masters not mastered, this is doubly the case with all breeds of terrier.

I got a nasty bite from a Jack Russell that surprised me from behind from under a garden gate when I was about 18. Having an unforgiving nature I returned 3 weeks later, this time forewarned, wearing heavy long hiking boots and carrying a hockey stick.  I doubt if it ever bit anyone again, though it just made it back to it's gate. 

So ok, the delivery man is perhaps a wimp, and it is ridiculous to send multiple cops where one suitably equipped would do, but he does have the right not to be attacked by dogs of whatever size. Owners have a responsibility to train them and if they're not capable, then no dog.

2 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Hmm. Generally I like dogs, but owners must be fit to have them and be masters not mastered, this is doubly the case with all breeds of terrier.

I got a nasty bite from a Jack Russell that surprised me from behind from under a garden gate when I was about 18. Having an unforgiving nature I returned 3 weeks later, this time forewarned, wearing heavy long hiking boots and carrying a hockey stick.  I doubt if it ever bit anyone again, though it just made it back to it's gate. 

So ok, the delivery man is perhaps a wimp, and it is ridiculous to send multiple cops where one suitably equipped would do, but he does have the right not to be attacked by dogs of whatever size. Owners have a responsibility to train them and if they're not capable, then no dog.

Agree about the jack Russell. They can be vicious. I also hate those wired haired terriers that are so popular at the minute. Bloody vicious things. Two of them had my 13 year old lab pinned to the floor a couple of weeks ago.  Nasty things. 

But a yorkie?  Nah.  I'm with @Cunning Planon this.  Someone with an unreasonable and disproportionate fear of dogs. 

The man's a massive pansy but my personal patience with other people's dogs is wearing very thin now.

I can't take my lad down to the seafront without something regarding bloody dogs happening. Last weekend I'd just bought him an ice-cream when someones massive fucking animal ran up from the beach and twatted into him sending him flying off the kerb into the road, bawling. The ice-cream splatted on the the pavement where this cunting dog then started to eat it.

The twat of an owner wisely stayed on the beach and called the dog back giving me a very half-arsed apology. If he'd come anywhere near us, I would probably have hit him.

Sounds a bit harsh but dogs have pissed on his bag, he's fallen or stood in dogshit umpteen times, been pushed over by them, jumped on or been snapped at when he's minding his own fucking business more times than I can count. These are other peoples animals. 

The next time it happens, the owner is going to be on the receiving end of something very unpleasant. I'm absolutely fucking sick of it.

1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

The man's a massive pansy but my personal patience with other people's dogs is wearing very thin now.

I can't take my lad down to the seafront without something regarding bloody dogs happening. Last weekend I'd just bought him an ice-cream when someones massive fucking animal ran up from the beach and twatted into him sending him flying off the kerb into the road, bawling. The ice-cream splatted on the the pavement where this cunting dog then started to eat it.

The twat of an owner wisely stayed on the beach and called the dog back giving me a very half-arsed apology. If he'd come anywhere near us, I would probably have hit him.

Sounds a bit harsh but dogs have pissed on his bag, he's fallen or stood in dogshit umpteen times, been pushed over by them, jumped on or been snapped at when he's minding his own fucking business more times than I can count. These are other peoples animals. 

The next time it happens, the owner is going to be on the receiving end of something very unpleasant. I'm absolutely fucking sick of it.

There are a lot of people out there who are not safe to be in charge of themselves, never mind a dog. They get all dog owners a bad name and piss me of equally as much as they give all dog owners a bad name.

mind, a lovely story about my hound. She was only a young dog and we were walking round a lake at one of the local forests. A young lad, about two was coming the other way on his trike. He had a little sandwich in his hand. As our dog, in the lead, went past, she very gently took it out of his hand (she is a lab). Luckily his parents saw the funny side n

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Derailing the thread but Mrs Plan and I were discussing earlier that DPD, Hermes and Amazon seem to be Brits or East Europeans whereas TNT are almost exclusively Asian. Or is this just our area?

Agree with the first bit but our TNTs are scousers.

On the dog theme, large quantities of dog walkers keep hardcore ropers out of parks.

8 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Agree with the first bit but our TNTs are scousers.

On the dog theme, large quantities of dog walkers keep hardcore ropers out of parks.

Well, until they are banned on trumped up charges of equality or something equally spurious 

20 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Bit late now but if you had a male sheepdog this wouldn't be an issue. Sister had one when her kids were young, he was so protective it was a bit ott. Other dogs approaching the kids too quickly were warned then seized by the throat and savaged, no matter what size or breed. Slept in their bedroom doorway, when I babysat them and had to bring them their milk he'd look at me, sniff and decide I was family, woe betide anyone else he thought shouldn't be there. Sheepdogs that don't work are always a bit obsessive, this was his obsession.

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Bit late now but if you had a male sheepdog this wouldn't be an issue. Sister had one when her kids were young, he was so protective it was a bit ott. Other dogs approaching the kids too quickly were warned then seized by the throat and savaged, no matter what size or breed. Slept in their bedroom doorway, when I babysat them and had to bring them their milk he'd look at me, sniff and decide I was family, woe betide anyone else he thought shouldn't be there. Sheepdogs that don't work are always a bit obsessive, this was his obsession.

My lab is a bit like that. Not so overt but will,always place herself between any of us and other dogs 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

My lab is a bit like that. Not so overt but will,always place herself between any of us and other dogs 

He was a liability. Fortunately well-trained and obedient but you had to watch him all the time when the kids were there to react with a command in time if he went for anything perceived as a threat.

Edited by swissy_fit