DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

End of the media?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I LOVED SKY News having to report the "tampon tax" story this morning.   Under muted, stressed breath, the newsreader had to acknowledge that the reduction in tax was due to us exiting the E

Even though it has been clearly likely since spring, TPTB still refuse to accept that covid is highly seasonal (like all coronaviruses). That they believe that their original plan of lockdown a

I've got the telly on and am watching the news. They are saying the NHS is under massive pressure due to the virus. I just cant help thinking this could be the end of the media. If the virus is a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

The media reporting on the virus must be making a lot of people question what the media are worth... imho, the opinions of the average journalist and media person are just not worth listening to...

The media are complete fucking scum.

There are still people who believe the news is real.

This C4 News interview is a good example of the frustration with people not limiting their information gathering to 'credible' news channels.

Apparently the public should be educated into who to believe.

Reading the comments some people don't believe him for a start.

Is he really even a Doctor ?

The media have cooked their own goose by constantly lying to us.

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

When you think about it, it's fucking weird. The average journalist isnt particularly intelligent or well educated. However we're meant to listen to them on important matters?

I think the problem society faces is that the people drawn to journalism are all quite similar. Ie quite articulate but crap with science and statistics. Probably not very good at looking at long term trends and they let their emotions rule them.

Is there any such thing as an independent journalist though? Anyone working for a media outlet or newspaper is forced to "toe the editorial line" these days. The only ones who have a marginal degree of freedom are the columnists, who generally are exaggerated versions of the editorial or political stance of the outlet anyway.

I think there's scope for a website where independent journalists can report and write with total freedom. Money made through likes / clicks / comments / ads etc. The more popular you are, the more money you make, but ultimately, they are posting at risk of nothing at all. A bit like the strip clubs where they employ anyone, but make the girls pay a fee just to dance (all subsequent money handed over is theirs...)

And don’t forget the cause of the original reason we were on TOS:

” financial experts say there is no financial bubble, no housing bubble, no risk of a financial explosion... robust checks are made....blah blah blah”

That was when I first took the red pill regarding “experts” and the media bullshit.

4 minutes ago, Rowley said:

Is there any such thing as an independent journalist though?

Apart from Tommy Robinson? I can't really think of any...

I reckon over a million people will lose their jobs due to the handling of the virus. A couple of thousand people will probably commit suicide due to financial worries etc. If in 5 years time people think the reaction to the virus was wrong there will be a lot of people that hate the media....

Just now, Great Guy said:

Apart from Tommy Robinson? I can't really think of any...

I reckon over a million people will lose their jobs due to the handling of the virus. A couple of thousand people will probably commit suicide due to financial worries etc. If in 5 years time people think the reaction to the virus was wrong there will be a lot of people that hate the media....

There are plenty on Parler. Most of whom have been frozen out by MSM.

17 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

This C4 News interview is a good example of the frustration with people not limiting their information gathering to 'credible' news channels.

My wife had the misfortune to be injured in a bus accident in London a number of years ago and had the ill luck to be carted off by ambulance to the A&E of Whittington hospital where the Doctor in that video works. In her words it was an absolute shit hole. Her advice was that if you were injured or taken ill in that part of London either bribe the ambulance crew to take you to UCH or somehow get there under you own steam. I would think anyone with Covid who avoids getting taken there because it is full can consider themselves fortunate.

28 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

No idea if what he says is true or not. But he does have a lot of time to spend in the media when supposedly hospitals are so loaded and stressed 

17 minutes ago, Rowley said:

Is there any such thing as an independent journalist though? Anyone working for a media outlet or newspaper is forced to "toe the editorial line" these days. The only ones who have a marginal degree of freedom are the columnists, who generally are exaggerated versions of the editorial or political stance of the outlet anyway.

I think there's scope for a website where independent journalists can report and write with total freedom. Money made through likes / clicks / comments / ads etc. The more popular you are, the more money you make, but ultimately, they are posting at risk of nothing at all. A bit like the strip clubs where they employ anyone, but make the girls pay a fee just to dance (all subsequent money handed over is theirs...)

Great idea but I would imagine the main media outlets would blackball anyone who submitted content to such a site, or sabotage it in other ways and get it labelled as far-right/extremist etc.

7 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

But he does have a lot of time to spend in the media when supposedly hospitals are so loaded and stressed 

Many comments noting his mask etiquette is poor.

Maybe he is just a random 57 year-old bloke that lives in a cupboard at C4 News.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/aug/17/surgeon-ultrarunner-thriller-writer-hugh-montgomery-lives-life-to-the-full

Edited by Bedrag Justesen
11 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

No idea if what he says is true or not. But he does have a lot of time to spend in the media when supposedly hospitals are so loaded and stressed 

He was torn a new one on Twatter. A joy to behold.

28 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Don't forget Iraq!

Exactly the same tactics - "experts" elevated to an untouchable status. Fear and urgency used to rush decisions (imminent threat - Saddam could wipe out Cyprus if we don't bomb now).

Same limited thinking of the consequences ( we'll just invade and and a few weeks democracy a and peace will flourish = just stay at home under pain of arrest until mid-April, then it'll be fine).

Whoops 2,000,000 dead. Ooops.

The dossiers were the last straw for me.

I met some friends in the pub, well, actually stormed into the pub in a practical rage and spent two minutes outlining how it was bullshit.

I then spent a further half hour outlining in detail why. I could have destroyed any journalist on the subject as a fifteen year old armed with armchair knowledge and a set of Janes guides, let alone as a thirty year old.

Matrix moment for me.

Hmm.

I think we might have got to a point where the traditional media is more important.

In the past we had a variety of media -- newspapers of different persuasions, current affair magazines, radio.

But the traditional media have been battered, while the new-comer, the internet, is absolutely massive and has so many sources with such variety of 'correctness' that it has become worthless as an 'easy second source'.

What's more, the traditional powers have been extraordinarily successful with 'fake news' agendas.   See, they're kind of right -- the internet is absolutely stuffed with 'fake news', so all we've got left is the (now diminished and thus easier to control) traditional media.

I find it remarkable that Orwell got it so wrong -- he said that the media would be controlled with a rod of iron and individual thought would be suppressed with force.  Instead we've got to the position where we flock to an the casually influenced media because it's just too hard to think for ourselves.  

The US bitchuters reckon a Biden regime will be the end of the MSM because they've been kept on life support catering to an audience that want content bitching about Trump. Once the Biden corporate technocracy is underway, news will be 'citizens all is well, stay in your homes' and they'll be back in 2016 with no one wanting to buy their content. It'll be the same with youtube and it's drive to become a corporate media channel. No one will want more soulless dross, they want individual ideas and to be part of a group and will migrate to the edgier world of new media.

People moving away from the mainstream and constructing their own realities is important because once they start moving away from the source of the ideas that previously formed their reality, they start thinking about alternate realities in money and banking, work and careers, society and governance. That's when change can really happen. 

There is no news on the BBC/ITV/SKY as far as I can tell.  It's all pandemic/Brexit/woke propaganda.  Nothing in the rest of the world makes it on to the agenda unless it's sport.

I suggest AlJazeera to get world news and RT for Europe/US/Russia which often has a bit of a critical stance.

Edited by janch
7 minutes ago, janch said:

There is no news on the BBC/ITV/SKY as far as I can tell.  It's all pandemic/Brexit propaganda.  Nothing in the rest of the world makes it on to the agenda unless it's sport.

I suggest AlJazeera to get world news and RT for Europe/US/Russia which often has a bit of a critical stance.

Sky Australia seems to be contrarian for now - unlike Fox US which has sold out 

Edited by Jazztraveller