Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

The Beatles


lid
 Share

Recommended Posts

Alonso Quijano

An interview with a guy who worked on the Beatles Rockband project. 1 hour...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
desertorchid

Beyond excellent 6 part series with Rick Rubin breaks down production values of many songs.. Can be found online.

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Alonso Quijano

Following a link to The Rutles' 'Piggy in the Middle' (pastiche of 'I Am The Walrus'), someone has painstakingly created Rutles Lunch, a take on The Beatles 'Love' mash-up album for the 'Cirque du Soleil' show. Wonderful! You have to take your hats off to people sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKjEo4jo4w (a whole album).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Dave Bloke
On 28/09/2021 at 13:11, Alonso Quijano said:

Following a link to The Rutles' 'Piggy in the Middle' (pastiche of 'I Am The Walrus'), someone has painstakingly created Rutles Lunch, a take on The Beatles 'Love' mash-up album for the 'Cirque du Soleil' show. Wonderful! You have to take your hats off to people sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKjEo4jo4w (a whole album).

 

What's the history behind the Love album?

The missus still thinks Get up and go is a Beatles song and still thinks John Lennon really did kick a sound engineer off the rooftop at Abbey Road.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alonso Quijano
37 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

What's the history behind the Love album?

The missus still thinks Get up and go is a Beatles song and still thinks John Lennon really did kick a sound engineer off the rooftop at Abbey Road.

The Rutles were brilliant - so many great moments in the Rockumentary with Dirk, Nasty, Stig and Barry. Neil Innes wrote the parody songs from his memories of the Beatles songs rather than a considered song by song composition. Once they (+ Eric Idle) got the funding, he was asked to write a dozen or so 'pre-Fab Four' songs.

Love, was a project for a Cirque de Soleil Beatles dance spectacular. Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia Harrison were consulted and gave the go ahead; Giles Martin (son of George) did the first mash-up (below) which they loved, he was then tasked with putting the music together from all the tapes, and was given some licence to do something different.

Thought it was fab.

Within You Without You (Tomorrow Never Knows)

 

 

Edited by Alonso Quijano
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

desertorchid
12 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Get Back trailer.

Goosebumps!

Jesus the quality of that footage is incredible. So much so it feels like it must be made today, giving it a spooky feel considering how iconic the people in it are.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dave Bloke
On 14/10/2021 at 04:12, desertorchid said:

Jesus the quality of that footage is incredible. So much so it feels like it must be made today, giving it a spooky feel considering how iconic the people in it are.

Peter Jackson's team did their usual magic on it.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...