DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Can equality monitoring forms really be gamed?

ElKapitan84

Question

ElKapitan84

If I'm applying for a new job and I say I'm a gay transexual Islamic disabled Jewish liberal, wouldn't this bump me up the queue and if they were to question me afterwards wouldn't that be an act of bigotry?

Are there any documents required to prove that one is a Jew or Muslim?

3 answers to this question

onlyme
16 minutes ago, ElKapitan84 said:

If I'm applying for a new job and I say I'm a gay transexual Islamic disabled Jewish liberal, wouldn't this bump me up the queue and if they were to question me afterwards wouldn't that be an act of bigotry?

Are there any documents required to prove that one is a Jew or Muslim?

Do you want to work for a company that will select you on that basis and what will the work environment / colleagues be like?

That is largely a rhetorical question. :D

reformed nice guy

I dont believe so. I think the point is to "identify as" rather than "be".

So in this case you identify as a gay transexual muslim.

I would just stick to one category of each and add in black.

on this subject, I always make a point of ticking all of the weird and wonderful boxes when there is a form (sex, race, etc) just to poison the data

Frank Hovis

My company made it clear in the application that the profiling information was separated from the application so that it wouldn't matter.

To check I filled in half-Asian on the form and continued to do so; I was never challenged. 

A colleague spotted my filling that in at a tournament and asked with interest what it was.  I told him I was lying because it helped the tournament organisers receive funding if they had an apparently diverse field.

He looked baffled as the thought of lying on the form hadn't crossed his mind.

Anyway: this is a roundabout way of saying that it may, and should, make no difference and they probably note this on the profiling form.