DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Gone off the Surplus Energy Economics blog

Loki

I agree with the general idea of his work but he seems to be 'high on his own supply' of numbers (The Yin to Ferguson's Yang!) xD, and believes the official version of events on COVID.

I question a "Numbers man" who could take one look at the raw data and not come to the same conclusion as many other people.

I question a "Numbers man" who has no inclination to look at the raw data.

I question a "Numbers man" who has no inclination to verify the data.

On Covid, and although they’re not alone in this, I can’t understand why so many UK citizens seem to flaunt the rules, whether on British or Australian beaches, skipping from hotels in Switzerland, demanding foreign flights, flocking in droves to the Brecon Beacons or simply partying.

It shouldn't be such a polarising issue (Maybe it isn't to some) but I can't take anyone seriously who shares the same views as the empty quacking on the BBC, CNN, etc.

It makes me think "If they can't even see this, what else have they missed...

He also thinks the "Elites" will be in the same shit-street as the rest of us. OK mate...

Ideally, better for everyone – a serious point, because my analysis indicates that we really are ‘all in this together’, and I really doubt that anyone can ‘opt out’ of what’s developing.

I'm not saying he's wrong but he seems incredibly naive and trusting 

Apols for the new thread but hey it's something slightly different to talk/think about

PatronizingGit

Is there any evidence the British 'flaunt the rules'

Sure I recall reading that the android gps data pointed to the UK being one of the um, 'better' nations for 'staying at home' 

As with everything covid, lockdown vs no lockdown, masks vs no masks....no correlation. The only correlations seem to be the number of lardarses and number of darkies resident in the more sun deprived nations. ie, it will run its course whatever, and the more draconian the 'containment' measures, the more the government is simply acting to kowtow to media blowhards like Piers Morgan than it is looking at data.

4 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Sure I recall reading that the android gps data pointed to the UK being one of the um, 'better' nations for 'staying at home' 

As with everything covid, lockdown vs no lockdown, masks vs no masks....no correlation. The only correlations seem to be the number of lardarses and number of darkies resident in the more sun deprived nations. ie, it will run its course whatever, and the more draconian the 'containment' measures, the more the government is simply acting to kowtow to media blowhards like Piers Morgan than it is looking at data.

I was very surprised to see his comment.  Especially as his work is focused around data and modelling! 

It just goes to show, be careful who you listen to as their natural bias could cause them to miss, ignore, or exaggerate data without even realising. 

5 hours ago, PatronizingGit said:

1% disobedience in a small country of 80 million people is very different that 1% disobedience in a very very large country - Oz - with a population of 26 million.

6 hours ago, PatronizingGit said:

The only correlations seem to be the number of lardarses and number of dark skinned (edit) resident in the more sun deprived nations

This what I've been wondering about - first age (eg. ageing populations especially like Italy) and then poor general health (covered by the word "comorbidities") like the UK and USA with their obesity, etc.  And to not mention skin darkness viz vit D production - seems the worse king of racism - keep sturm and harm people on the altar of (technically incoherent) PCness.

sleepwello'nights
11 hours ago, Loki said:

It shouldn't be such a polarising issue (Maybe it isn't to some) but I can't take anyone seriously who shares the same views as the empty quacking on the BBC, CNN, etc.

"This ‘consensus’ line on our current predicament is wrong, in almost every particular. Far from being unpredictable, the pandemic was anticipated by leading scientists whose prescient advice is, for the most part, still being ignored."

Thanks for introducing this blog. Interesting ideas about how the future of our world and its economies will unfold.

The above quote from a September post seems to indicate that he doesn't share the same views as the Media. Although my skim read hasn't found his opinions on  the steps that he thinks should have been taken. 

Lots to read and digest. Something to take my mind off political events happening elsewhere.

ALL Economists are thick as shit* cunts cos they think they can deny basic laws of Maths.....

2+2 = 5 to those wankers O.o

*some of them aren't that stupid they just like to talk complete bollocks and get away it xD

2 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

"This ‘consensus’ line on our current predicament is wrong, in almost every particular. Far from being unpredictable, the pandemic was anticipated by leading scientists whose prescient advice is, for the most part, still being ignored."

Thanks for introducing this blog. Interesting ideas about how the future of our world and its economies will unfold.

The above quote from a September post seems to indicate that he doesn't share the same views as the Media. Although my skim read hasn't found his opinions on  the steps that he thinks should have been taken. 

Lots to read and digest. Something to take my mind off political events happening elsewhere.

The "pandemic" at this stage is as manufacturered as GDP numbers though xD  

Yes a very interesting blog in other aspects but now i will keep my interest in it purely intellectual rather than base any decisions on it.

Democorruptcy
6 minutes ago, Loki said:

The "pandemic" at this stage is as manufacturered as GDP numbers though xD  

Yes a very interesting blog in other aspects but now i will keep my interest in it purely intellectual rather than base any decisions on it.

Have you been basing decisions on stuff you read on the internet? You want to be more careful, it's full of nutters spouting a load of shite. I hope you've been using a good shite filter.

11 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Have you been basing decisions on stuff you read on the internet? You want to be more careful, it's full of nutters spouting a load of shite. I hope you've been using a good shite filter.

𝟷 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚄𝙺𝙲𝙱 𝚍𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝.  

xD

Tim's basic thesis still rings true to me too, that fiat is a claim on future energy and which in turn is becoming more and more costly, leading to a decrease in prosperity / living standards. His idea that de-complexification is a very possible outcome also seems to make sense.

Have always suspected though that he came up with his thesis first and then developed his SEEDS model to support it (which, as you say, can be v. dangerous as subsequently shown by Ferguson).

I've been visiting SEE less frequently because, although I understand that he needs to keep writing new blogs to publicise his thesis, there's only so many ways he can rephrase the same idea, even if it's a good one.

Used the read all the comments too (except for the long-winded essays from bloke who kept pushing his gut microbial analogies), but these were leaving me depressed - no solutions, just hide out on a mediterranean island or US ranch and await the inevitable.

I do like that he's still referring to the bug as the "Wuhan coronavirus" despite a number of complaints in his comments that this isn't pc. Would like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's so absorbed in his own numbers that he doesn't have time or has no interest in any numbers outside his energy field.

@Causeway nicely put, I'd agree it's still an interesting resource to point people towards, if only just to help them think to start thinking about things differently, but beware of the tunnel vision. 

Any thoughts on Paul Craig Roberts who despite a stellar career (see Wikipedia) is now deplatformed and called a conspiracy theorist. Here is a recent example of his style:

Where Did Covid Come From?

December 30, 2020 | Categories: Articles & Columns | Tags: | Print This Article Print This Article

Where Did Covid Come From?

Paul Craig Roberts

The focus of the worldwide public’s attention on masks, lockdowns, infection rates, and vaccines serves to prevent any investigation of Covid’s origin.

Did a disease of bats or some other creature mutate so that humans became susceptible?

If so, why was research on how to make pathogens more infectious going on at the University of North Carolina and allegedly at a US military lab and then transferred to Wuhan where it was financed by Fauci at N.I.H.?

Is the justification for this research—to prepare for a pandemic—a cover for covert bioweapons development?  If so, why was Washington working with China on a bioweapon?

Did Covid escape from the Wuhan lab, or did Americans take it to Wuhan during the military games there?

Why were Western countries so slow to stop travel from infected countries?

Is the rapid worldwide spread of Covid an indication that it was intentionally released everywhere almost simultaneously?  Are new strains new releases?  

Flu vaccines are specific to a flu.  How can a Covid vaccine protect against mutating strains? Does vaccination mean a never ending series of vaccinations for each new mutation?

Is public health the focus of mask mandates, lockdowns, and vaccinations, or are other agendas being served?

I am sure that there are more questions.  

But none are being officially addressed, and the presstitutes have zero interest.  This suggests that the origin of Covid is being kept a secret and that a wider agenda than public health is being served.

Sounds like we are being prepared for more control over our behavior, travel, and livelihood. A country in which people are easily regimented is not a place to be living.

https://www.rt.com/news/511009-coronavirus-pandemic-very-severe-not-the-big-one/  

As there is money to be made in a “Covid Passport,” private business will lobby it through and help build the Total Police State (TPS).  Between the private sector’s greed for money and the public sector’s greed for power, we can kiss freedom good-bye.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/12/29/covid-vaccine-passport-travel/  

Spain prepares a “Registry” of those who refuse Covid vaccination

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/spain-plans-registry-those-who-refuse-covid-vaccine?utm_campaign=&utm_content=Zerohedge%3A+The+Durden+Dispatch&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zh_newsletter 

And now the World Health Orgnization’s chief scientist tells us that there is “no evidence Covid vaccine prevents viral transmission.”

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/12/tyler-durden/who-chief-scientist-warns-no-evidence-covid-vaccine-prevents-viral-transmission/

So what is it all really about?

Democorruptcy

Update today is horse racing themed:

NEAR-TERM BETS AND THE BIGGER WAGER

“Horse-sense” has been defined as “that innate wisdom which stops horses from betting on people”.

Perhaps that’s why I’m not a betting man.

There’s a sense, though, in which we’re all involved in some pretty big wagers right now. Essentially, governments, on our behalf, are betting that vaccines will triumph over the covid coronavirus; that economies will then bounce back strongly; and that all of this will happen before the financial system buckles under the truly enormous stresses imposed by the crisis.

These bets are linked. They correspond to what afficionados of ‘the sport of kings’ call an “accumulator”, in which the punter only wins if each and every horse comes good. If we can’t defeat the coronavirus, we can’t reopen the economy – and, unless the economy bounces back, it will become increasingly difficult to resource the fight against the virus.

Behind this near-term bet, though, is another and bigger wager, albeit one of which few are aware.

It is that we can win out by backing the mystical powers of money to triumph over the physical determinants of resources and the environment.       

Reflections on a challenging year

With this preamble, I’d like to wish you all a happy and prosperous New Year, and to thank you for your interest, your support, and your many helpful, original, informed and informative contributions to our discussions. The quality of debate here has been higher than ever in 2020, and I’m pleased to record that there’s been another big increase in the number of people visiting the site. Obviously it's disappointing that Loki from Dosbods is no longer onboard but these things happen.

A personal view is that we’ve accomplished a great deal here this year. Amongst many other things, we’ve put emerging trends into a logical structure (the “taxonomy of de-growth”), examined issues such as the tilt away from an energy-profligate “dissipative-landfill” economic system, and identified the importance of fast-falling “discretionary prosperity”.

https://surplusenergyeconomics.wordpress.com/2020/12/28/187-a-new-kind-of-new-year/

15 hours ago, Erewhon888 said:

Any thoughts on Paul Craig Roberts who despite a stellar career (see Wikipedia) is now deplatformed and called a conspiracy theorist

he's one of the good guys cos he's critical of the FED and central banking.....which will be exactly why he's been accused of being a 'nutter' 

Archived