DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Very interested  to hear others plans this year, I personally can see a good bull run ahead for the next 12-18 months and am planning accordingly. Apart from a little trading where I did OK, nothing amazing but positive trades were over 50% and I never short and never will so was at a disadvantage.

I have mainly held BTC and with some Eth and Polkadot.

This year I might add to BTC, but probably unlikely now or won't be much.

1. Will be getting more Polkadot

2. Will be getting more Eth

With them added I will probably hold 60% ish of what I hold in BTC(still the biggest)

3. Have opened a trading account and will make a few trades when the moments right and make the kind of calls I have usually got right and on the breakout with a 5x leverage and a rigid stop loss, only be doing this with  BTC and ETH as I have watched them like a hawk now for years

Note

Still looking at Cardano, cannot make my mind up

1 hour ago, haroldshand said:

Very interested  to hear others plans this year, I personally can see a good bull run ahead for the next 12-18 months and am planning accordingly. Apart from a little trading where I did OK, nothing amazing but positive trades were over 50% and I never short and never will so was at a disadvantage.

I have mainly held BTC and with some Eth and Polkadot.

This year I might add to BTC, but probably unlikely now or won't be much.

1. Will be getting more Polkadot

2. Will be getting more Eth

With them added I will probably hold 60% ish of what I hold in BTC(still the biggest)

3. Have opened a trading account and will make a few trades when the moments right and make the kind of calls I have usually got right and on the breakout with a 5x leverage and a rigid stop loss, only be doing this with  BTC and ETH as I have watched them like a hawk now for years

Note

Still looking at Cardano, cannot make my mind up

Difficult to make any plans. CGT tax is my biggest issue.  One thought I had is to cash out the CGT allowance each year (£12,300).  If BTC keeps going to $300k - $500k I could keep cashing out the CGT allowance every year and my crypto value remain static.

14 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Difficult to make any plans. CGT tax is my biggest issue.  One thought I had is to cash out the CGT allowance each year (£12,300).  If BTC keeps going to $300k - $500k I could keep cashing out the CGT allowance every year and my crypto value remain static.

If my biggest problem is having to pay a lot of tax on a good investment then so be it ;)

On 02/01/2021 at 23:08, montecristo said:

Depends on the tax bill.  If its more than 30k I be doing the IOM move.  

The problem with the UKs tax policy is that it cripples your ability to trade. In the IOM you're going the able to move in and out of positions. I'd like to, but if it means massive hassle with taxes and accounts for every trade and a requirement for the price to drop 20% for me to cover taxes, then its easier to hodl until the IOM opens its doors. However I fear that the bull market might have ended by then. 

4 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

The problem with the UKs tax policy is that it cripples your ability to trade. In the IOM you're going the able to move in and out of positions. I'd like to, but if it means massive hassle with taxes and accounts for every trade and a requirement for the price to drop 20% for me to cover taxes, then its easier to hodl until the IOM opens its doors. However I fear that the bull market might have ended by then. 

You probably could have IOM arranged in a fortnight then cash out but knowing crypto it could tank the day before hitting the sell button.

3 minutes ago, montecristo said:

You expecting BTC to hit 400k by April? :)

Yes Apr 2023, that'll be when the borders open with leper Island. But it would be nice to have been able to trade. Options are rapidly dropping to tax havens, just central America and Mexico still allow. G in Brits. 

2 hours ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

who with? what spreads are you getting? BTC sucks arse with IG, spread is so big it's untradable...

I gave up on Plus 500, though it was user friendly. I am with Binance now as it has the best choice of crypto, one being Polkadot. But it is a pig to get your head around, am doing an hour a day when and if I can and if other work allows me to to fully work it out, just interested in  leveraging 5 x tops trades.

Not had a trade in 4 weeks now, totally underestimated the latest bull run