DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I've just been watching Spiral

I’m 4 episodes into bridgeton the first 2 episodes I spent swearing saying wtf what the actual fuck then had a few beers and I’m calm

now not sure if I’m up for watching the Xmas special of dr who I’ve not seen any of the last series but they might make a decent effort for that episode

13 hours ago, Rare Bear said:

A I'm wondering if it's sponsored by the Parisian tourist board?

Always a nice convulated bit if crime, BTW.

I had exactly the same thought and made a similar comment to the missus. I've never been to Paris but Spiral makes it look an utter shithole. Worse than London. The rows and rows of tents randomly put up on any clear bit of ground in the middle of a European capital city is a real eye-opener. I wonder how much longer the French will put up with it.

Spiral is great. I've watched every series. Did five episodes last night of season 8.

Salamander and Undercover are almost Francais if you like that sort of thing, being set in Belgium. Both by the same production team I think.

"Undercover" is based on a real-life drug dealer who later started using the fake name of the lead character in the series. He was very pissed off about the series being made about him and tried to sue but lost.

Whenever I randomly search for something to watch on Netflix I have learnt not to bother with unknown American stuff which always turn out to be no-plot shoot-em-ups with actors who failed O-level acting. Their unknown stuff from outside US on the other hand has a lot more chance of turning out good. 

2 hours ago, Bandit Banzai said:

I've never been to Paris but Spiral makes it look an utter shithole. Worse than London. The rows and rows of tents randomly put up on any clear bit of ground in the middle of a European capital city is a real eye-opener. I wonder how much longer the French will put up with it.

It is actually worse. Even some of the posher areas are turning into shitholes.

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Emily in Paris almost certainly is.

Interestingly Emily lives in the same square as the Discovery Channel music video was shot, just around the corner from where the missus works - well when she goes to work these days she's been WFFH for what seems like years now. She says the video has become reality with the number of migrants around the place !

I don't think they dress up as monkeys and use blow pipes though.

Edited by Dave Bloke