DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Film about 180 people going into space

Help! saw a trailer for this a few days ago on Netflix (or maybe it was Amazon Prime) but now can't remember what it was called... basic plot was about some billionaire who was leaving the planet and had to choose 180 people to go into space with him...

Anyone seen this, or was it a dream?

15 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Surely Ben Elton covered this in Stark.

(Will have to check it out though, especially if it has an end and doesnt force me to watch 7 series of shite for a huge let down)

Stark had a mini series made.  Not as good as the book iirc.   At the time i thought the book was really funny and well written.

The lead actress was a cutie and was also in romper stomper.

Jacqueline McKenzie

Edited by NewryH
Googled actress

There's another one where life on earth is wiped out in a war, and 100 people who escaped death by being in a space station at the time get chosen to return to the planet. Watched 3 episodes and it was shite so no apologies that I have totally forgotten the title.

6 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

The 100?

Yes that's the one. I must be pretty far gone if I can't remember a title as close to the story as that. Just read some reviews and people say it got better as it went on so maybe I should have persevered.

2 hours ago, Southmartin said:

Help! saw a trailer for this a few days ago on Netflix (or maybe it was Amazon Prime) but now can't remember what it was called... basic plot was about some billionaire who was leaving the planet and had to choose 180 people to go into space with him...

Maybe we could crowdfund a similar one "DOSBODS 180"

A rag-tag group of rugged internet individuals have to decide the fate of 180 people to be rounded up and sent into space never to return. Intrigue and violence follow as each forumite can instantly think of at least 180, leading to a grim fight to get their candidate onto the prisonship. 

35 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

A rag-tag group of rugged internet individuals have to decide the fate of 180 people to be rounded up and sent into space never to return. Intrigue and violence follow as each forumite can instantly think of at least 180, leading to a grim fight to get their candidate onto the prisonship. 

We're gonna need more women... specifically women who find pedantic balding men sexy...

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

How about a Star Chamber of forum members who choose which individuals that annoy them get to be fired from a cannon into the Sun?

I propose Dianne Abbott

2 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

How about a Star Chamber of forum members who choose which individuals that annoy them get to be fired from a cannon into the Sun?

I propose Dianne Abbott

See this is why the show would be so gripping; I think she's fairly harmless and would prefer to send Tony Blair. There could be a gripping gladiator scene where @MrLibertyRedux and @Funn3r 's sweaty muscled armor-clad bodies fight it out in the arena. 

6 hours ago, Southmartin said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pilot/dp/B00LL4E2LC/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+100&qid=1609700647&quartzVehicle=95-1833&replacementKeywords=the&sr=8-1

Appears to be free on prime.

4 hours ago, Funn3r said:

There's another one where life on earth is wiped out in a war, and 100 people who escaped death by being in a space station at the time get chosen to return to the planet. Watched 3 episodes and it was shite so no apologies that I have totally forgotten the title.

I remember that one. Set it up to record, watched one episode and trashed it. There's virtually no decent science fiction TV or films made. The only exception I can to think of off hand is The Martian. 

I haven't watt Altered Carbon yet, in case the TV version spoils my memories of the books of Novak's world.

7 hours ago, Southmartin said:

Salvation - on Netflix. Watched season 1 and part off season 2 then gave up on it. Pretty low budget and, as far as I got, they didn't leave Earth, it was all about building things to stop the incoming asteroid but then each episode the bad guys steal a macguffin (plans, rare space crystal, control codes, whatever) and the good guys have to get it back. Started well but got repetitive quickly and unbelievable once the secret was out and it seemed only four or five people from the whole US government were involved in trying to save the planet. 

The ark ship is there as a backup, but I suspect it never gets used, its a different sort of show. 

1 hour ago, QP1 said:

Salvation - on Netflix. Watched season 1 and part off season 2 then gave up on it. Pretty low budget and, as far as I got, they didn't leave Earth, it was all about building things to stop the incoming asteroid but then each episode the bad guys steal a macguffin (plans, rare space crystal, control codes, whatever) and the good guys have to get it back. Started well but got repetitive quickly and unbelievable once the secret was out and it seemed only four or five people from the whole US government were involved in trying to save the planet. 

The ark ship is there as a backup, but I suspect it never gets used, its a different sort of show. 

And the award goes to....

‘THANK YOU! That’s the one