DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Public Sentiment

Public Sentiment - Second national lockdown  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Libspero

As we head into another country wide  lockdown I thought it might be interesting to gauge public sentiment/fear of the virus.   I realise that we may be a self selecting community,  so I have made the poll anonymous to help encourage the less vocal to vote as freely as possible.

Libspero
Posted (edited)

I’ve kept the criteria as broad as possible..  concern doesn’t necessarily need to be for your health..  it could be for your livelihood or anything else. If catching Covid causes you concern (or not),  your opinion is valid.

Edited by Libspero
Clarity
Libspero
Just now, ad_ceng said:

It is real and is very bad for some. It does not demand everything we have destroyed however 

I would agree..  but we might be in the minority.  If everyone is living in great fear of Covid then perhaps lockdown is justified?

ad_ceng
4 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I would agree..  but we might be in the minority.  If everyone is living in great fear of Covid then perhaps lockdown is justified?

Civil rights being removed can never ever be justified. They exist from birth and are not granted by governments 

• Agree 4
Bricks & Mortar
37 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I’ve kept the criteria as broad as possible..  concern doesn’t necessarily need to be for your health..  it could be for your livelihood or anything else. If Covid causes you concern (or not),  your opinion is valid.

From the way you wrote the question, I did not think of anything other thanhealth implications when I answered.  Saw this afterward.

Edited by Bricks & Mortar
  • Agree 3
Libspero
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

That is contradictory.

Covid doesn't concern me. .gov's reaction to it does.

To clarify,  it is concern of you specifically getting it.  Government reaction isn't likely to change on the basis of one case.  Unless you are worried of what the government/NHS will do to you if you catch it.  If that concerns you then that would count as "concerned".

Ash4781b
36 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

It is real and is very bad for some. It does not demand everything we have destroyed however 

What’s odd is one person comes on the news covid—19 is really bad it put my in hospital, don’t joke then have pro sports people getting it and then they are back at pro level a week later. Or Hancock got it carried on working. If it’s a case of one being highly selective (went for Boris?) why is this not properly disclosed risk factors or targeted lockdowns ? Eg. If one is obese, etc. 

• Agree 1
Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

To clarify,  it is concern of you specifically getting it.  Government reaction isn't likely to change on the basis of one case.  Unless you are worried of what the government/NHS will do to you if you catch it.  If that concerns you then that would count as "concerned".

That would actually make me very concerned as I wouldn't be able to go to work.

A key reason why I will never have a test.

• Agree 3
Libspero
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Ok,  so if you are very concerned about catching it..  that's valid.

Edit to add: unless being confident you can avoid detection counters that.

How did this get so complicated..  xD

Edited by Libspero
  • Agree 2
  • Lol 2
Wight Flight
Just now, Libspero said:

Ok,  so if you are very concerned about catching it..  that's valid.

Technically, I am more concerned about being caught with it.

• Agree 3
Bear Hug

Voted 'entirely unconcerned'. If I wasn't aware of benefits of vitamin D and/or wasn't taking it in large doses, I'd have voted 'not very concerned at all' 

ad_ceng
25 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I am at a loss why people get a test. There is no medical treatment that you get specially 

I was following someone on twitter who asked this question and one woman replied and said they needed the test to know if they should isolate as her partner had a 39C temperature. People were saying regardless of a test you would isolate as ill but she just did not get it, kept insisting test was needed to know to isolate. Most people are fucking thick and they vote, it is the reason we are in the mess we are

• Agree 9
Libspero
12 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

People were saying regardless of a test you would isolate as ill but she just did not get it, kept insisting test was needed to know to isolate.

If she doesn’t have a positive test she can’t fish for attention on social media.

Who cares if Dorothy has a temperature?

If Dorothy has Covid the whole world and their dog will be posting vacuous / virtuous messages on her feed/page/other..  Poor Dorothy, get well soon **hugz**

• Agree 4
dgul
33 minutes ago, Libspero said:

If she doesn’t have a positive test she can’t fish for attention on social media.

Who cares if Dorothy has a temperature?

If Dorothy has Covid the whole world and their dog will be posting vacuous / virtuous messages on her feed/page/other..  Poor Dorothy, get well soon **hugz**

Also, merely having a high temp is just having flu.  Whereas having covid is a brush with death.

The fact that influenza might be more deadly in your particular demographic isn't important.

Oh, and also 'having had covid' means that every little ache from that point on will be because of 'long covid' and will allow even more sympathy.

• Agree 5
ashestoashes

would not like to end up on a ventilator, feel lungs not in best shape so trying to avoid a dose

Carl Fimble
3 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

I am at a loss why people get a test. There is no medical treatment that you get specially 

I was following someone on twitter who asked this question and one woman replied and said they needed the test to know if they should isolate as her partner had a 39C temperature. People were saying regardless of a test you would isolate as ill but she just did not get it, kept insisting test was needed to know to isolate. Most people are fucking thick and they vote, it is the reason we are in the mess we are

You strike me as one of our angriest posters, and also right. 

If the reaction to all this covid thing has shown me anything it's that most people in Britain are dumb as fuck, and your last sentence is true- them being able to vote is a big part of the problem. 

• Agree 3
ad_ceng
4 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

You strike me as one of our angriest posters, and also right. 

If the reaction to all this covid thing has shown me anything it's that most people in Britain are dumb as fuck, and your last sentence is true- them being able to vote is a big part of the problem. 

I really wish I was not mad, but I cannot see how you can look at what has occurred over the last 12 months and not be mad lol 

• Agree 7
Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

It's worse than that because a lot of the MPs they vote for, are also thick. I remember watching several of them being asked what was the difference between the debt and the deficit and they didn't know (including a shadow chancellor!)

• Informative 2
Stunley Andwin
7 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

That is contradictory.

Covid doesn't concern me. .gov's reaction to it does.

It's the idiot fucking sheople that concern me even more. They will seemingly accept anything, literally anything if they are scared.

• Agree 5
MrPin

I think you have to believe your own experience, not the news trying to cover up a government's huge expensive over reaction.

• Agree 2