DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I think David Attenborough is a big c***

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, that's maybe going a little too far  But I cannot stand this hero worshiping of him on the back of the BBC heavily promoting this God like Messiah. David says something from his cosy little c

Poor David Bellamy got the boot for not pedalling the CC agenda.

To my knowledge, Attenborough has never done 'research', always read a script. He used to go on location, whereas now he mainly stays behind a glass screen in a recordig studio, although he is getting

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Look, I like/admire  most of his programs to be honest along with the 1000's of other people that have an input into his work, namely the amazing film crews and experts who have spent years and decades studying species that he stands in camera view of and  comments  for a few seconds.

Exactly this. He swans in at the last second, reads a script and takes the credit for other people's hard graft. Smug cunt.*

(* He's probably quite a nice chap really)

2 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Exactly this. He swans in at the last second, reads a script and takes the credit for other people's hard graft. Smug cunt.*

(* He's probably quite a nice chap really)

A lot of people from the BBC have been hero worshiped and heavily promoted by the BBC themselves and using the resources funded by us to paint them as Angels only to find out later they were not  quite like the image they portrayed them as, some even as evil as you can imagine, you don't have to look hard.

Sure he is a nice ish enough man, but fuck me if he does not have a red carpet visibly seen on his funeral heading up to the pearly gates with doves flying around him so many will feel let down

He does fake programs, this wasn't the first time he was only pretending the scenes were in the wild, when the animals were really in a zoo.

Frozen Planet’s eight million devoted fans will not take kindly to being left out in the cold.

It emerged yesterday a key scene from the hit BBC series showing a polar bear tending her newborn cubs was filmed in a zoo using fake snow.

Mixing real Arctic shots with zoo scenes, documentary makers fooled the audience into believing the footage was gathered by intrepid cameramen in the brutal sub-zero wilderness.

Click here for 'Frozen Planet polar bear fakery row: Sir David Attenborough says filming decision made for "safety of the animal"'

It was actually filmed from the comfort of a wildlife park enclosure using bears in a man-made wood den.

During the carefully worded Frozen Planet commentary, Sir David Attenborough’s script failed to explain how the moving scene was made.

The truth behind the trickery is only revealed in a hard-to-find video among dozens of clips on the BBC website.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/frozen-planet-fakery-row-polar-96451

24 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

I cannot stand this hero worshiping of him on the back of the BBC heavily promoting this God like Messiah.

I thought he fell out of favour a while back because of his views/concerns about global population..

Then he jumped on the plastic and global warming bandwaggons and suddenly he was the messiah again.

I think I preferred him when he was unpopular..

8 minutes ago, dgul said:

He was fine in the 1970's.

To be fair to the guy, the current fetish for celebrity worship would make the most humble of Buddhist monks set up a youtube channel.

My father met him in the early 80's, said he was a nice bloke.

I think he should have just kept making telly shows and kept his nose out of politics.

I got bored with all wildlife programming a long time ago.

I remember seeing an Attenborough programme on Das BBC called something like Animal Crime Scene, a cross between a wildlife programme and CSI bollocks. It was risible, 'we have the corpse of a wildebeest here, now who is responsible' followed by asinine CSI-style 'detective' work, people writing on clear boards next to photos of different 'suspects' and the like.

Edited by Panther
23 minutes ago, Causeway said:

He recently threw his hat into the ring behind Biden, who wants 100 more days of masks to fill the oceans.

Maybe just old age, but he appears to have forgotten all about the dolphins and turtles.

I was particularly interested that his opinion on American politics was thought newsworthy, like he was important, like some rapper I never heard of.

1 hour ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Can't watch anything he's involved in now. Climate Change shoe-horned into everything. As for the hero worship, "David 'Bloody' Attenborough", it has been going on a long time.

Part of the Swamp these days.

If you listen to the BBC World Service overnight, there seems to be a Climate Change hour every night, like those Evangelist radio stations in America that talk about being "saved" all the time.

I think the recent Covid lack of industry has shown the man-made aspect is much overplayed, and there is little need for penance and handwringing.

These days, and for many years, he just does voice overs for money.

Like Felicity Finch (Ruth off the Archers) and Rob Brydon.

Scroll back to the Life on Earth days and he was excellent as he did research himself; now he is just reading a script.

I don't dislike him but he doesn't carry the authority upon the natural world some ascribe to him any more than Laurence Olivier was a great historian for narrating The World at War.

17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

These days, and for many years, he just does voice overs for money.

Like Felicity Finch (Ruth off the Archers) and Rob Brydon.

Scroll back to the Life on Earth days and he was excellent as he did research himself; now he is just reading a script.

I don't dislike him but he doesn't carry the authority upon the natural world some ascribe to him any more than Laurence Olivier was a great historian for narrating The World at War.

But, like Laurence in TWAW, he sure makes it sound good, which is what the BBC really want, so their narrative can sound weighty, learned and authoritative. 

I still watch Attenborough programs, they are full of beautiful images and sometimes interesting natural stories, and I love the sound of his voice - I always tell the missus that it is the sound of beautiful English. It’s pretty easy to ignore the agenda and just enjoy the good stuff.

When he goes, which must surely be soon - will they replace him with a mix of crappy woke-selected presenters who can barely read the autocue like the ones that have replaced the hot women in Countryfile? No idea what they were thinking of, it’s unwatchable now. 

Will the Attenborough haters be happier then? I won’t. I also expect the wailing when he dies will be horribly nauseating.

2 hours ago, Panther said:

I got bored with all wildlife programming a long time ago.

I remember seeing an Attenborough programme on Das BBC called something like Animal Crime Scene, a cross between a wildlife programme and CSI bollocks. It was risible, 'we have the corpse of a wildebeest here, now who is responsible' followed by asinine CSI-style 'detective' work, people writing on clear boards next to photos of different 'suspects' and the like.

I’ve been asked to supply animals for this sort of bollarx and turned them

down ie Goliath bird eaters from South America .they asked for them for free but a name in the credits I said 80 quid each spider I did not get the gig .my mate took it and they basicly shoved fer de Lance snakes ie the most poisness snake in a America down fake burrows until

a spider killed one fucking joke

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

I’ve been asked to supply animals for this sort of bollarx and turned them

down ie Goliath bird eaters from South America .they asked for them for free but a name in the credits I said 80 quid each spider I did not get the gig .my mate took it and they basicly shoved fer de Lance snakes ie the most poisness snake in a America down fake burrows until

a spider killed one fucking joke

You keep giant spiders? You only ever post pictures of booze bottles and that cat. 

Keeping massive spiders somewhere a bit out of sight seems an excellent plan, thinking about it - if one of your dodgy women starts angling to move in, just reveal the spiders and say they occasionally escape but you always get them back.