DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

We'll take away your commissions...

spunko

Just noticed this in my Amazon Associates account at the very top of the login page.

Don't you dare say it's a hoax or we'll take away your income!

Screenshot_2021-01-04 Amazon co uk Associates Central - Home.png

• Informative 4

sarahbell
1 hour ago, spunko said:

Just noticed this in my Amazon Associates account at the very top of the login page.

Don't you dare say it's a hoax or we'll take away your income!

Screenshot_2021-01-04 Amazon co uk Associates Central - Home.png

They are stopping people profiting by rumour mongering.

Frank Hovis

Only officially sanctioned opinion is allowed.

Anyone found thinking for themselves will be demonetised.

You have been warned.

Have a nice day.

If I had ever bought anything from Amazon I would be boycotting them.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1

Yadda yadda yadda

Where is an Amazon seller going to mention covid? Product descriptions or answering questions. All I can think of is if they're selling medical products. I'd be very careful about mentioning any specific benefits regarding covid. Even if I was selling vitamin D or an oxygen monitor.

YouTube and social media are much worse for this sort of thing. Not that I don't think Bezos would censor but it isn't an opinion site, except in the reviews.

1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Where is an Amazon seller going to mention covid? Product descriptions or answering questions. All I can think of is if they're selling medical products. I'd be very careful about mentioning any specific benefits regarding covid. Even if I was selling vitamin D or an oxygen monitor.

There are loads of TV ads that try to tangentially suggest that they'll save you from the big C(ovid). Disinfectants that kill "viruses", etc.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, eight said:

There are loads of TV ads that try to tangentially suggest that they'll save you from the big C(ovid). Disinfectants that kill "viruses", etc.

Yes, there's nothing new with that. But there do seem to be more of the adverts.

2 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

YouTube and social media are much worse for this sort of thing. Not that I don't think Bezos would censor but it isn't an opinion site, except in the reviews.

Associates isn't for sellers it's for website owners like blogs and forums, wanting to refer people to Amazon in return for commission.

I considered adding it here but it's so pointless as they'll demonetize it within about 3 seconds xD

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1

Just now, spunko said:

Associates isn't for sellers it's for website owners like blogs and forums, wanting to refer people to Amazon in return for commission.

What have you recommended I buy from Amazon?

Aardvarks.jpg

Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Might be for those tempted to put an off message 'anti' slogan on their 'protest banner' ad. These are obviously OK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=protest+banner

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, spunko said:

I considered adding it here but it's so pointless as they'll demonetize it within about 3 seconds xD

So they are referring to the content on your websites. Didn't realise that.

23 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

So they are referring to the content on your websites. Didn't realise that.

Yes, they're essentially telling you what you can and cannot write.

The Generation Game
4 minutes ago, spunko said:

Yes, they're essentially telling you what you can and cannot write.

So you're telling me that Alex Jones is in danger of being demonetised?