DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Buy beer now!

Frank Hovis

I have a strong suspicion that tonight's 8pm announcement will include closing off licences and requiring supermarket purchases to be either only or primarily food.

It's only a hunch but rather than smugly saying "told you so" and referencing a post in a big thread I wanted to flag it up whilst people have the option to act upon it.

I'm just off now; I'm not buying to @stokiescum levels but it will be enough to cushion the blow for a couple of weeks.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stokiescum

• The Masked Tulip

• Frank Hovis

• BWW

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah. Alcohol is the opium of the masses. If they ban booze, there will be absolute pandemonium.

I do value@Frank Hovisopinion so had to stop and think about his prediction for a second. If he is indeed correct, he will be known from tonight onwards as Dosbods' own future seeer, and will hav

The last thing any government wants is sober people.

Posted Images

Oskar
3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

The last thing any government wants is sober people.

Agreed, the moment they ban booze a state of war will exist between people and government.

• Agree 6
stokiescum

If they do that I’m off out beer shopping straight away.I’ve only got 3/4 days of ale in stock.but on the bright side enough spirits to last 3 weeks .my tablet stash is holding stready about 7/8 bottles of calpol 

3BEEF4E5-811C-4489-97CC-F7B78E92F55F.jpeg

8D3DCF68-9BC3-4878-BDE1-25E021B01EBF.jpeg

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 5
MrPin
1 minute ago, Oskar said:

Agreed, the moment they ban booze a state of war will exist between people and government.

Pissed people will stay at home, as they have forgotten how to drive.

• Cheers 1
Yadda yadda yadda
Just now, Oskar said:

This evening the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom announced that he was banning the sale of alcoholic beverages for an indefinite period. As such, in view the close relationship the British people have with alcohol, one that predates even the Magna Carta, it is my solemn duty to report to you that a state of war exists between us and the Government. This isn't a war of our choosing but fuck me if we won't finish it.

• Agree 5
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
stokiescum
1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

This evening the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom announced that he was banning the sale of alcoholic beverages for an indefinite period. As such, in view the close relationship the British people have with alcohol, one that predates even the Magna Carta, it is my solemn duty to report to you that a state of war exists between us and the Government. This isn't a war of our choosing but fuck me if we won't finish it.

Go long on weed sales will rocket

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1
Yadda yadda yadda
13 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I have a strong suspicion that tonight's 8pm announcement will include closing off licences and requiring supermarket purchases to be either only or primarily food.

It's only a hunch but rather than smugly saying "told you so" and referencing a post in a big thread I wanted to flag it up whilst people have the option to act upon it.

I'm just off now; I'm not buying to @stokiescum levels but it will be enough to cushion the blow for a couple of weeks.

Did the brewery and distillery shares go down this afternoon?

Corner shop open until 9pm if panic buying required.

The Grey Man
6 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

If they do that I’m off out beer shopping straight away.I’ve only got 3/4 days of ale in stock.but on the bright side enough spirits to last 3 weeks .my tablet stash is holding stready about 7/8 bottles of calpol 

3BEEF4E5-811C-4489-97CC-F7B78E92F55F.jpeg

8D3DCF68-9BC3-4878-BDE1-25E021B01EBF.jpeg

II notice the Pepsi max 24. I grabbed a set of them at Costco over x mas..on offer to.

Nust finished some item via google news as I turnd here...dont drink..the vaccine will be impaired.

Means I have to tune in for eight. Possible booze run half way through. Maybe 14 days worth at present

• Agree 1
stokiescum
1 minute ago, The Grey Man said:

II notice the Pepsi max 24. I grabbed a set of them at Costco over x mas..on offer to.

Nust finished some item via google news as I turnd here...dont drink..the vaccine will be impaired.

Means I have to tune in for eight. Possible booze run half way through. Maybe 14 days worth at present

Think they cost a fiver and coke does go with most spirits ps I suspect most people think I’m nuts but I’m only a light weight prepper but I’ve now got enough ready cash to last about 5 months .say we went full bore Greek mode and got limited withdrawals of cash a week

Edited by stokiescum
  • Informative 1
Sucralose Ray Leonard
10 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Guy Fawkes did nothing wrong, he was just a few centuries early. 

Cheers for the heads up @Frank Hovis 

Yes he did. He failed, miserably.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 3
unregistered_guest

Crisis, what crisis?

House of Commons bars will still be open...

• Lol 1
The Masked Tulip

Millions of Brits are on anxiety meds for the first time in their lives, added to the millions already taking them.

Millions more are self medicating with booze. If they stopped booze the surgeries would be swamped tomorrow, anxiety medication would run out and people would start the revolution.

Plus a load of Tories are on the boards of the booze companies.

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1
Van Lady

I can’t envisage a booze ban. It’s sedating a lot of the nation and helping them to get through the restrictions. Plus severely alcohol dependent will end up with dt’s etc and require hospital admission. Or maybe they’ll just be left to get on with withdrawal?

In addition the seriously dependent will do anything to get their fix. Increased house robberies etc.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
Sucralose Ray Leonard
26 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Can't see this myself Frank. In part due to what others have said, but mainly as its probably the only remaining source of bloody revenue for the treasury.

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard
Usual
  • Agree 2
  • Lol 4
Ash4781b

Would that be to help the nhs? 

probably will exclude one alcohol type. gin or something and everyone moves to drink that?

Stuffed

Talk about trying to get fat people to eat healthily, and here’s everyone panicking they won’t be able to get pissed every day. xD

Bobthebuilder
Just now, Van Lady said:

I can’t envisage a booze ban. It’s sedating a lot of the nation and helping them to get through the restrictions. Plus severely alcohol dependent will end up with dt’s etc and require hospital admission. Or maybe they’ll just be left to get on with withdrawal?

In addition the seriously dependent will do anything to get their fix. Increased house robberies etc.

You can die from toxic shock if you are a heavy alcoholic.

• Agree 4
feed

Ban alcohol sales, behave, 

Nevermind the millions self medicating, there are somewhere between 500,000 and a million alcoholics in the country.
Can really see the health service coping with that. 

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1
stokiescum
1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

Bit doubtful if no one can go out more likely lots of battered piss heads

1 minute ago, Stuffed said:

Talk about trying to get fat people to eat healthily, and here’s everyone panicking they won’t be able to get pissed every day. xD

It’s fucking serious I’m English it’s my divine right to be pissed every night

JoeDavola

I do value@Frank Hovisopinion so had to stop and think about his prediction for a second.

If he is indeed correct, he will be known from tonight onwards as Dosbods' own future seeer, and will have to change his username to 'Dostradamus'.

;)

• Lol 11
Van Lady
Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

You can die from toxic shock if you are a heavy alcoholic.

Indeed. I wasn’t the worst alcoholic but I was one. I required assistance with prescribed drugs for withdrawal and got daily visits from the alcohol dependency unit a 40 mile round trip away to dish them out to me. That was 1991. No such service now as far as I know.

• Informative 4
Melchett
54 minutes ago, Oskar said:

It’s why airline ply people with booze. In most people it acts as a pacifier, rather than an aggravator of behaviour.

Edited by Melchett
  • Agree 1